Labyrinth [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Greek Games [14/5] V3. Pg1.

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

koontz1973 wrote:I do not think so for this one, but if it makes it through, a second level can be created with the extra positions. Always liked the way DoD L1 cried out or a second level. I see no reason to do it now just for the sake of something that might come about.

As cairnswk says though, maps are being made for this. ;)

I was mostly joking. Maybe 97%. But, we do need some 12 player maps, so that lack will give us 12 player games!!
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Greek Games [14/5] V3. Pg1.

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri May 18, 2012 1:35 am

Been giving it some thought. The problem with lose sides/trap and lose the game idea it's going to ruin game continuity. As soon as someone gets a dead warrior bonus; the other player gets desperate. If he gets desperate and breaks through and he breaks the bonus then good. But then he has to have enough in the tank to defend and he often won't and then a ton of games are just going to abruptly end and it will be anti climatic. And even if he defends it, the entire game then just becomes about preserving the trap and not the other cool stuff on the map.

And then if you change it so that the trap doesn't lose the player the game, the term "trap" could be misleading. B/C a player could intentionally want to lose one end for a reset to get locked into taking a dead warrior bonus that much easier. Perhaps, rename them gauntlets and have them reset. I know it's not quite what you envisioned. But I think it may be more practical.
Major ViperOverLord

Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Greek Games [18/5] V4. Pg2.

Postby koontz1973 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Gone are the losing condition traps. Now a normal killer neutral.
Added weapons with a progressive bonus.
Added food and drink tied to the weapons.
Added Hades for a whopping bonus jump.
Click image to enlarge.

Discuss.
Should the slave entrances be one way and have hades be the only kill spot. Like the south pole in Antarctica :-s or go the Feudal route? O:)
Placement of swords and food terits. These are just the initial placements and will need to be moved. :|
Neutral values. I like the one for normal but can change for any of the others.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby nebsmith on Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm

I'd say go the Feudal route.
But you could have hades Bombarding some regions either
  1. Everywhere except the slave entrances
  2. All normal squares
  3. Just the slave entrances
  4. The monsters
  5. The food
  6. The traps - to get yourself off them
    see why below
  7. some combination of the above

You have the traps as killer neutrals now.
How about instead of that they give negative life points - as a trap would and maybe a decay on the trap as well. The reason to bombard yourself off a trap.

I think the +3 for dead warriors with a neutral 2 may be to much - maybe cut the bonus to +2

I really like the Hades double bonus idea, it should provoke a rush to the centre.
Sergeant nebsmith

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (12)

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

nebsmith wrote:You have the traps as killer neutrals now.
How about instead of that they give negative life points - as a trap would and maybe a decay on the trap as well. The reason to bombard yourself off a trap.

How does someone bombard themself? Also, the +3 for the dead warrior is for holding 4 terts. That bonus is fine.

Are you saying that having a trap or Medusa makes it so that you get 0 troops to deploy? That's an awful idea if so. Actually, I just re-read it and realize that's not what you mean. I think using the phrase 'Life Points' is getting confusing. I get what you're trying to do there, but it's not the common terminology.

I would give +1 troop for every food and 2 weapons I think.

As far as Antarctica vs Feudal... Either way is fine with me. How about both ways? The center can bombard AND you can attack them like Feudal.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Greek Games [19/5] V4.1. Pg2.

Postby koontz1973 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks guys, here is the image with some of your ideas added.
Click image to enlarge.

But you could have hades Bombarding some regions either

Everywhere except the slave entrances
All normal squares
Just the slave entrances
The monsters
The food
The traps - to get yourself off them
see why below
some combination of the above

The others gave him to much power.
instead of that they give negative life point

added as well
Hades double bonus idea

kept it. ;)
would give +1 troop for every food and 2 weapons

sorted.
As far as Antarctica vs Feudal... Either way is fine with me. How about both ways? The center can bombard AND you can attack them like Feudal.

added as well.
phrase 'Life Points' is getting confusing.

removed.
+3 for the dead warrior

agreed and kept.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:56 pm

With the moving around of things in the legend, I now have room for one more symbol. Any ideas of what this could/should be and its effects?

Weapons and food. These will need to be moved (I think) so have a look and see which ones should be moved and to where.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nebsmith on Sat May 19, 2012 9:28 am

For another symbol how about Pegasus, one on each side of the map which are linked and so give a way to jump from one side to the other, on rows N and A.

I am not sure that you need to move anything maybe add another food at MV.

you are right chapcrap you can't bombard yourself :oops: late night.
Sergeant nebsmith

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat May 19, 2012 12:03 pm

how about Pegasus

love it, hope you do to. ;)
[bigimg] :oops: [/bigimg]
EDIT:refined the placement of pegasus to a north south approach. Much better now.
Click image to enlarge.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Greek Games [20/5] V5 Pg2.

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 am

I'm liking the setup a lot right now.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 am

Unless I am incorrectly reading this, landing a corner starting area is going to be a huge +
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:42 am

army of nobunaga wrote:Unless I am incorrectly reading this, landing a corner starting area is going to be a huge +

It will and wont be. For any game of less than 4 players, each one will start at the corner so any advantage is negated.

For any game over 4 players, the neutrals can be adjusted to allow some semblance of safety. So K3 neutral can go higher to provide a block. So the starting positions in that corner (J1,N1) can attack each other but not straight away. N1 can go for the dead warriors while J1 will go for the sirens.

Have a think about the neutral values and let me know what you think is good and where.

But when you consider that from a corner, you have a more limited style of attack as well. Meaning, that in a corner, you only have one way to go. ;)

The +2 auto deploy should also stop players going straight for the slave entrances.

I was thinking of having the slaves start at 3 troops, so with the +2, you get 5 to go forward with.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nebsmith on Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm

If you up the neutrals on the dead warriors that will help keep the slave entrances apart for a while.
Putting up K3/T3 & K14/D14 would work too.
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby koontz1973 on Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 am

I believe I found a solution to the corner territs being stronger. Added 2 more of the Pegasus territs, which can attack in a clockwise direction only. This gives the corner entrances less strength as now two can attack them.
Changed the weapons and food bonuses, is this a wise idea or should I go back to the original idea?
Click image to enlarge.

To Do list.
Look at placement of weapons.
Placement of traps.
Placement of food.
Neutral values.

nebsmith wrote:If you up the neutrals on the dead warriors that will help keep the slave entrances apart for a while.
Putting up K3/T3 & K14/D14 would work too.

Upping the neutrals on the dead warriors would also mean an increase of bonus. Thus, first one with good dice, gets one and has an advantage.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nebsmith on Mon May 21, 2012 9:37 am

With the weapons bombarding I think you should change the symbol to spears.
Also remove I3 and E14 as they would give an advantage to the 2 nearby slave traps.
maybe replace them with food and add 3 more food on A3, N3 & N16

get rid of the food on M5 and replace it with a weapon.

Put 2 more food at I7 and F10

I like the idea of the weapons bombarding but I see a problem with the regions near corner slave entrances being more vulnerable and it is hard to see where they could be placed to bombard around the centre entrances in the same way.

How about
go back to the earlier bonus for swords.
have a territory 2 away from each entrance that is both swords and food - A14 for example

Have other swords at L5, L12, C5 C12 & L7, F7, C10, H10

drop the food on M5
Other food at A9, C8, K9, N8

Or
go back to the earlier bonus for swords.
have a territory 2 away from each entrance that is both swords and food - A14 for example

Have other swords at L5, L12, C5 C12
Have ranged weapons at L7, F7, C10, H10

drop the food on M5

Other food at A9, C8, K9, N8
Sergeant nebsmith

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas