Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligence?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby General Brock II on Sat May 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Indeed, one's IQ has little or nothing to do with one's appreciation of tactics combined with luck and or certain techniques adapted by certain individuals to obtain absurdly high ranks that don't suit them. For example, one would not say that General Montgomery or General Brock compared with Einstein, but these men were great at leading campaigns and defeating the enemy against impossible odds.

I would say that the most clever on CC are those who don't spend a great deal of time mindlessly blabbing in the forums. I would suggest that I'm one of them. ;)

Unfortunately, I answered the golf question incorrectly, not knowing exactly what the "Eagle" is. I thought the "Psycho" question made sense, indeed. Nor was I aware of the exact value of Platinum. I agree with the Gameshow verdict. Mythbusters proved both that most people tend to stick with their first choice and that it's more lucrative if you do not.
Image

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
User avatar
Major General Brock II
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: Tactical HQ Caravan, On Campaign
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby betiko on Sat May 05, 2012 11:18 pm

i think that anything non metric is retarded. It's so medieval to measure things in feet, miles, gallons, pounds ect. what is the weight of a cubic mile of water for example? everything is related with our metric system, and that type of question is easily answered with cubic kilometers and tons for example.that's why the whole reasonable world uses it. you anglo saxons don't even have the same yards or gallons in the US and UK, get it right ffs. Why use stuff that make sense only in your country?
And english people weighting themselves in stones?? give us a break!
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5791
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Rodion on Mon May 07, 2012 4:25 pm

betiko wrote:i think that anything non metric is retarded. It's so medieval to measure things in feet, miles, gallons, pounds ect. what is the weight of a cubic mile of water for example? everything is related with our metric system, and that type of question is easily answered with cubic kilometers and tons for example.that's why the whole reasonable world uses it. you anglo saxons don't even have the same yards or gallons in the US and UK, get it right ffs. Why use stuff that make sense only in your country?
And english people weighting themselves in stones?? give us a break!


Agreed!

Plus Royale with Cheese sounds much tastier than a Quarter Pounder.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby clapper011 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:14 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:i would say anyone under 1600 with 1000+ completed games isnt the smartest :D

:|
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class clapper011
 
Posts: 7883
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (14)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby redhawk92 on Mon May 07, 2012 8:00 pm

clapper011 wrote:
kylegraves1 wrote:i would say anyone under 1600 with 1000+ completed games isnt the smartest :D

:|


:lol:
Lieutenant redhawk92
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:34 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby AAFitz on Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
Robinette wrote:
That all KINDA makes sense...
but therein lies the quandary,
since many of us have known you long enough to know, unequivocally, that you're a blooming idiot... :P


There you have it..IQ means naught, nought, nil, Zero, nothing when it comes to playing CC. Sorry Fitz Robinette knows these things ;)

That's why she is freemium..and we all should be hey :lol:

86


Thats fine. We all know its been quite a while since Robin was a blooming....well...anything.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 am

So if Stephen Hawking joined the site and plays a game he would be less intelligent than that guy who calls you a cheater and misspells "idiot" in game chat? :-k
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Gabriel13 on Wed May 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Robinette wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:I mean, how hard can it be to keep a captains rank? It's not rocket science.



Here at CC, the median score is about 1250, which is Corporal 1st Class.
So this somewhat correlates with someone of average intelligence.
A typical Captain's score is 1850... which is roughly the 86th percentile of CC scores.

The 86th percentile of IQ scores is roughly 116.
I would wager to say that many a rocket scientist are roughly in that same percentile of intelligence.

So far so good...

The OP is a Major, with a current score of 2389... which puts him in the top 3 1/2% of CC scores.
Now an IQ at the 96.5th percentile would be roughly 129.

This is where it all goes wrong...
Pedronicous with an IQ of 129? Bollocks!
:P


For fun, click the link below and see how you score on the impossible quiz...
Image
This quiz is impossible

.


Why did you just say the 84th percentile is rougly 115? o.0 As the average is 100, and standard deviation is 15, and the whole bell curve stuff!
User avatar
Major Gabriel13
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm
Medals: 94
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed May 16, 2012 5:36 pm

3 guys are having drinks at their local bar, the bill makes 25 dollars, to make it easy,
each of them puts 10 dollars on the table, as they leave the waiter follows them and hands
each 1 dollar back and puts the leftover 2 dollars in his pocket as tip,
that means the guys payed each 9 dollar for their drinks,
now
3 times 9 makes 27 dollar, plus the 2 dollar tip for the waiter makes total of 29 dollars,
where did the last dollar go ???
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed May 16, 2012 5:48 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:3 guys are having drinks at their local bar, the bill makes 25 dollars, to make it easy,
each of them puts 10 dollars on the table, as they leave the waiter follows them and hands
each 1 dollar back and puts the leftover 2 dollars in his pocket as tip,
that means the guys payed each 9 dollar for their drinks,
now
3 times 9 makes 27 dollar, plus the 2 dollar tip for the waiter makes total of 29 dollars,
where did the last dollar go ???



To make things worse,

Two of the original guys go out for drinks again,
this time the bill is 20, so each of them pays 10 dollars,
the waiter realises he made a mistake, since the bill should have been 15,
to rectify this the waiter gives each guy 1 dollar back, so the guys have paid each 9 dollar,
9+9=18 , plus the 3 dollar tip the waiter kept = 21,

crazy world
have fun
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Rodion on Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

The tip is being tallied twice (the 27 dollars in case 1 already included the tip, same for the 18 dollars in case 2).
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Gabriel13 on Thu May 17, 2012 6:40 am

AslanTheKing wrote:3 guys are having drinks at their local bar, the bill makes 25 dollars, to make it easy,
each of them puts 10 dollars on the table, as they leave the waiter follows them and hands
each 1 dollar back and puts the leftover 2 dollars in his pocket as tip,
that means the guys payed each 9 dollar for their drinks,
now
3 times 9 makes 27 dollar, plus the 2 dollar tip for the waiter makes total of 29 dollars,
where did the last dollar go ???

A dollar doesn't mean much to me, so the picture below shows all the fucks I give ;)
User avatar
Major Gabriel13
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm
Medals: 94
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Robinette on Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 am

Gabriel13 wrote:
Robinette wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:I mean, how hard can it be to keep a captains rank? It's not rocket science.



Here at CC, the median score is about 1250, which is Corporal 1st Class.
So this somewhat correlates with someone of average intelligence.
A typical Captain's score is 1850... which is roughly the 86th percentile of CC scores.

The 86th percentile of IQ scores is roughly 116.
I would wager to say that many a rocket scientist are roughly in that same percentile of intelligence.

So far so good...

The OP is a Major, with a current score of 2389... which puts him in the top 3 1/2% of CC scores.
Now an IQ at the 96.5th percentile would be roughly 129.

This is where it all goes wrong...
Pedronicous with an IQ of 129? Bollocks!
:P


For fun, click the link below and see how you score on the impossible quiz...
Image
This quiz is impossible

.


Why did you just say the 84th percentile is rougly 115? o.0 As the average is 100, and standard deviation is 15, and the whole bell curve stuff!


uhhh... well... it was because the relationship was IQ to a CC Captain rank... just say'n... ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Gabriel13 on Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Robinette wrote:
Gabriel13 wrote:
Robinette wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:I mean, how hard can it be to keep a captains rank? It's not rocket science.



Here at CC, the median score is about 1250, which is Corporal 1st Class.
So this somewhat correlates with someone of average intelligence.
A typical Captain's score is 1850... which is roughly the 86th percentile of CC scores.

The 86th percentile of IQ scores is roughly 116.
I would wager to say that many a rocket scientist are roughly in that same percentile of intelligence.

So far so good...

The OP is a Major, with a current score of 2389... which puts him in the top 3 1/2% of CC scores.
Now an IQ at the 96.5th percentile would be roughly 129.

This is where it all goes wrong...
Pedronicous with an IQ of 129? Bollocks!
:P


For fun, click the link below and see how you score on the impossible quiz...
Image
This quiz is impossible

.


Why did you just say the 84th percentile is rougly 115? o.0 As the average is 100, and standard deviation is 15, and the whole bell curve stuff!


uhhh... well... it was because the relationship was IQ to a CC Captain rank... just say'n... ;)


Ohh, I see now! o.0
User avatar
Major Gabriel13
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm
Medals: 94
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun May 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Rodion wrote:The tip is being tallied twice (the 27 dollars in case 1 already included the tip, same for the 18 dollars in case 2).



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_dollar_riddle
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby Phatscotty on Mon May 21, 2012 2:59 am

I think winning % does, especially after you finish 3,000-4,000 games
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login