Conquer Club

[Idea] New 'Feudal' map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Idea] New 'Feudal' map

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm

-Forest/mountain areas that are passable but lose one per turn.

-A center area that when conquered can torch the towns.

- More space in between starting castles

- Forts that can attack nearby and bombard

- Rivers with resetting territories and connecting ports

- Those log rammers (don't know the name) in front of castles to conquer them. Reset to 5 or 10 after conquered.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

i think this idea is dead, gimil hasnt posted in ages about and hasnt been on CC in 6 days so i dont think he even has the time to work on this.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 pm

As Sniper said, this idea is pretty much dead now but a third Feudal does not need to be made by Gimil. It just cannot be called Feudal ? The ideas and style can easily be copied/modified and after 6 pages of posts in this thread, the ideas are all here.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby gimli1990 on Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 pm

just a quick thought on the gate back on page 1

why do something like when you take the gate you +2 on that region and it can only stay for defensive use i am not sure if this is possible
i love we finally got AA otherwise known now as trench YES!!!!!
Highest Score: Major 2329
Cook gimli1990

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon May 21, 2012 11:32 am

What about adding some kind of naval dimension and Islands. That way player could secure their kingdoms and expand into having Colonies or client Kingdoms.

Alternatively, you could throw in bandits or barbarians on the outskirts. They could have a special attack feature like forest penetration.

Then along the same lines you could try giving each kingdom a unique attribute: Kingdom X has the ability to build ships, the Kingdom X castle can one way attack any territory bordering a lake that also borders it's kingdom area. Kingdom Y has guard towers on of its border territories. They can see and bombard up to two territories away. Kingdom Z has roads which allow the castle to border all of its kingdom territories. Kingdom W is has the benefit of a strong winter which decreases troop numbers by 2 per turn if there is no castle or village on that territory to provide shelter. This would add some opportunity to throw in some cool graphics like snow for Kingdom W and docks for Kingdom X.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:The thought of another Feudal map makes me tingle with joy! ;)

-Sully

That is good because you have played Epic and wars a total of six times.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 pm

gimil wrote:-Instead of every playing starting with just a castle, they instead start with their whole kingdom region.

I have not read everything here so sorry if I am not following all posts. But I stopped by because I love feudal and just wanted to say I love this idea. But I would leave 1 or 2 neutrals. Feudal with no spoils always starts with everyone grabbing their territories. With spoils it starts with everyone grabbing their territories except 2 so they can bombard those for cards. I think you need to leave the bombardable neutral there so it doesn't affect card play. But I love the idea of everyone starting with them because it encourages more strategy and takes away risk. Some feudal war games are simply decided by how lucky of dice one player gets taking his neutrals compared to another player. If everyone starts with them, this luck is negated which in turn makes it more skill based.

Thinking briefly on gates. I like them in principal being one way. You can get out easily but others have a tough way to get in. But it'd be nice to code it somehow that teammates could come through if they choose. That would throw the strategy of the game a loop that is never seen before on any other maps. Makes it very easy to kill your teammate in a card game but it is still tough for your opponents.

Thinking quickly, you could do a gate that has 2 one way territories in it, the exit has a small neutral number on it but the entrance has a larger one on it that resets when held. Not sure how you would let teammates in though. That is something you coding guys that are smarter than I am would have to htink of.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I have played both feudals something like 2000 times and have still one of the highest scores on the map (i think, hell who knows)

I sent yeti a detailed message a year ago on things i would like to see and improvements to take a top 10 map even higher. Ill try to unearth that message and if its deleted, Ill redo it here from memory.

The trick is about feudals is to do a top 5 list of what makes it great and a top 5 that lack.

greatness
1) you can be a detective in fog because each start is slightly diff with settings and how a person does the troops. (not epic)
2) plays into different styles, mainly you can be conservative like me by bombarding the first 7 rounds, or you can go out early.
3) all starts are not equal. there are completely different strategys with each starting point (not epic)
4) Neutrals -- the neutrals are the great equalizer to luck... skill usually wins on the feudals
5) large BUT simple..... you do not have to hold different things you do not have to read hieroglyphics.

guys that in a nutshell is why feudal is a top 10 map.... epic is a little less and I slammed yeti in my message for that.

Be a genius and work off those top 5 points and make a feudal 3 and you too will have a top 10 map.

Ill try to find that email to yeti and post it later.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby danfrank on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:38 pm

koontz1973 wrote:As Sniper said, this idea is pretty much dead now but a third Feudal does not need to be made by Gimil. It just cannot be called Feudal ? The ideas and style can easily be copied/modified and after 6 pages of posts in this thread, the ideas are all here.

I`m confused. If the maps and the names ultimately belong to CC then why cant someone use the name feudal in developing a map ?
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Please make this a "12-Player" Map. It won't be much use now, but if maps start having support for 12-players, then if/when the site adopts it, stuff will be much better.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Please make this a "12-Player" Map. It won't be much use now, but if maps start having support for 12-players, then if/when the site adopts it, stuff will be much better.

Make it good for 16!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas