Conquer Club

Trench Warfare

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
eggrollonedolla wrote:I think a solution like this would make everyone happy yes?

So naive...

But I like your solution. I would give it a thumbs up, like, or +1 if I could!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=170398

only trying to turn a new leaf. everyone tells me to stop being so pessimistic and im getting tired of it so Im trying something new here. bare with me. :lol:

I did like the solution. I just think there will always be a few complainers, no matter what.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 15, 2012 9:15 am

Mmmh. Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with Trench.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby chaosfactor on Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 am

Overall Andy, after all these years, i still think your hot dude!

Stay with it funk soul sister!
Sergeant 1st Class chaosfactor

Postby chaosfactor on Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 am

Staff Sergeant to you Sir
Sergeant 1st Class chaosfactor

Postby owenshooter on Wed May 16, 2012 7:22 am

wow, i can't believe that nobody has ever thought of a resign button before!!! GROUND BREAKING@!!!! EARTH SHATTERING!!!! i wish i had thought of this!!! sign me up!!!-el Sarcastic negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Catarah on Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 am

instead of ending the game, you could make the forfeit button available *ONLY* for cases where the other is dominating.

so if a player owns, say, 70% of all troops, the forfeit button becomes available, and only if both players agree then the game ends with a winner.

although that would be problematic in fog of war games, if you're really not sure how well everybody is doing, and one player has been stacking for lots of turns.
Captain Catarah

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 23, 2012 9:03 am

I think I need to try out some more non-escalating trench games next week...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat May 26, 2012 3:52 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I think I need to try out some more non-escalating trench games next week...

--Andy

Good luck, they'll last even longer!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby L M S on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm not so sure that 'clearly dominating' is so easy to decide.

I was down to something like 3 terits against two other people in this one and each of them had about half the board.......

Game 11073933

I'm glad I played the game out (obviously), if that button were available I probably would have used it.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

L M S wrote:I'm not so sure that 'clearly dominating' is so easy to decide.

I was down to something like 3 terits against two other people in this one and each of them had about half the board.......

Game 11073933

I'm glad I played the game out (obviously), if that button were available I probably would have used it.

I think the clearly dominating thing pertains mostly to 1v1 games. For example if somebody playing trench has 75% of the troops has a bonus and a 1-2 region buffer zone around that bonus, it is pretty much game over- even in escalating. If the edge is set far enough so that you can even break them with good dice because you have to go through 3 1's then you have almost no chance at pulling out a comeback. In the game you listed, you had two other people that could have pretty much left you alone while trying to set the edge on each other allowing you to build up and fight back into the game. This is not the case for 1v1.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby L M S on Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:

Game 11073933

I think the clearly dominating thing pertains mostly to 1v1 games. For example if somebody playing trench has 75% of the troops has a bonus and a 1-2 region buffer zone around that bonus, it is pretty much game over- even in escalating. If the edge is set far enough so that you can even break them with good dice because you have to go through 3 1's then you have almost no chance at pulling out a comeback. In the game you listed, you had two other people that could have pretty much left you alone while trying to set the edge on each other allowing you to build up and fight back into the game. This is not the case for 1v1.

excellent point.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Renee_W on Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:

Game 11073933

I think the clearly dominating thing pertains mostly to 1v1 games.

Not really. The mistake is the difference between clearly dominating and clearly dominated. LMS was clearly dominated but since two players each had about half the regions no one was clearly dominating. If one of the players had twice the regions the other two players combined had they would have been clearly dominating and the game would have ended differently.
Colonel Renee_W

Postby Beckytheblondie on Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Renee_W wrote:Not really. The mistake is the difference between clearly dominating and clearly dominated. LMS was clearly dominated but since two players each had about half the regions no one was clearly dominating. If one of the players had twice the regions the other two players combined had they would have been clearly dominating and the game would have ended differently.

It's a good point you make rendered invalid by your ugly butt. Every game I play against you, I clearly dominate. Is that why you've foed me?
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby L M S on Sun May 27, 2012 12:05 am

The point I was making was that I was clearly dominated in the game...and had there been a button I might have resigned the game instead of playing it out. I know it was escalating and that is the only reason I was able to come back at all after being down to three singles. I am of course happy it turned out the way it did but I can see the idea being valid in no spoils games for sure.

And just to give a little more detail on that game, at one point Yellow was clearly dominating all of us thankfully, he n00bed it up so badly, he wasn't a factor at the end.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 27, 2012 1:28 am

I think there is a between clearly dominating and being clearly dominated. In your example, no one was clearly dominating.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion