Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm playing The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. Wonderful game!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm mostly in a lull right now. I'll pick up Skyrim again in a couple of weeks. I think the next big game that I will probably play is Sim City (5), when it comes out in Winter 2013.

==========

Somewhat related, if you are looking for some decent deals on indie game downloads and also want to give to charity, check out:
http://www.humblebundle.com/

A couple of weeks ago I picked up 3 indie games that were definitely worth the $10 or so I paid for 'em.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 pm

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Neoteny on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Xenogears and Blood Omen... on my phone. /hipster
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:05 pm

I'M CHEAP. So I'm full of Free To Plays.

Team Fortress 2 is the most notable, though, I guess I do have some games borrowed from my friends. Beat Skyward Sword a while back, but other than that, I'm not much of a gamer (I play Brawl regularly, but that's a party game so it doesn't count).

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:52 pm

The majority of my gametime is spent on Battle For Wesnoth (I'm telling you people, if you like strategy games...and I KNOW YOU DO...you gotta get this...it's free!).

Aside from that, I still hit up Zoo Tycoon, Neverwinter Nights, Blood Bowl and FIFA 09 (I don't like the later versions much, as their manager modes blow, and that's what I enjoy).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Rogue.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Woodruff wrote:The majority of my gametime is spent on Battle For Wesnoth (I'm telling you people, if you like strategy games...and I KNOW YOU DO...you gotta get this...it's free!).

Aside from that, I still hit up Zoo Tycoon, Neverwinter Nights, Blood Bowl and FIFA 09 (I don't like the later versions much, as their manager modes blow, and that's what I enjoy).

Strategy games, eh? Have you ever played any Fire Emblem games?

-rd

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

maxfaraday wrote:Rogue.

I still love Rogue.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:01 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:The majority of my gametime is spent on Battle For Wesnoth (I'm telling you people, if you like strategy games...and I KNOW YOU DO...you gotta get this...it's free!).

It does not ring any bells...any titles I should look up specifically?

I should point out that I HATE HATE HATE first-person-shooter style games. I much prefer games of the nature of Risk, Civilization, Chess...the one-move-at-a-time-and-now-it's-your-turn style. Though simultaneous moves are also great. But I don't care as much for real-time unless the strategy is just incredible.

Postby bedub1 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

TF2 & Diablo3
Colonel bedub1

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Woodruff wrote: much prefer games of the nature of Risk, Civilization, Chess...the one-move-at-a-time-and-now-it's-your-turn style. Though simultaneous moves are also great. But I don't care as much for real-time unless the strategy is just incredible.

have you tried crusader kings 2? it's extremely complex and awesome.
also any of the total war games are brilliant (assuming you actually take your time and fight all battles and don't autoresolve them)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Switching off between Sim City and Liberty or Death (SNES)

Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:42 pm

GW2!!!!!!! BWE this weekend!!!!! ZOMG!!!!!

But yeah atm outside of GW2 rabid fanboism i spend most of my time either on Kongregate or playing sub-10-dollar steam games.

Cheap and cheerful for now, but granted they dont usually last more than a couple of hours playtime.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:59 pm

DiM wrote:
Woodruff wrote: much prefer games of the nature of Risk, Civilization, Chess...the one-move-at-a-time-and-now-it's-your-turn style. Though simultaneous moves are also great. But I don't care as much for real-time unless the strategy is just incredible.

It doesn't ring a bell. I'll have to check it out. What sort of a "style" is it? The back of my mind is trying to tell me that it's similar to the Age of Empires series?

DiM wrote:also any of the total war games are brilliant (assuming you actually take your time and fight all battles and don't autoresolve them)

I enjoyed Shogun Total War a great deal. I haven't played the other editions very much at all.

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

conquerclub

> can't believe no one said that yet.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby bedub1 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:conquerclub

> can't believe no one said that yet.

If you are going to talk about conquerclub you need to move to general. We only talk about off-topics here.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

San Andreas

I'm looking to beat it 100% again.

>mfw I just killed Pulaski, that fat pig

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Timminz on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Gran Turismo 5. I've been playing it pretty solidly for almost a year and a half. I would like to get the platinum trophy, although I don't know if it'll happen.
Captain Timminz

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Woodruff wrote:
DiM wrote:

It doesn't ring a bell. I'll have to check it out. What sort of a "style" is it? The back of my mind is trying to tell me that it's similar to the Age of Empires series?

DiM wrote:also any of the total war games are brilliant (assuming you actually take your time and fight all battles and don't autoresolve them)

I enjoyed Shogun Total War a great deal. I haven't played the other editions very much at all.

crusader kings 2 is closer to the total war series than to the AoE series.
here's a video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rB7AlDOjI

i too am a big fan of strategies. unfortunately i do not have the time to play them as i like. nowadays i mostly play games that allow me to have quick fun in short periods of time.
for example i'm at work now so i can do a few races in insane 2 or play a few matches in fifa 12.
crusader things is something that can't be played in 10 minute intervals.
i usually save good strategy games for when i have a few free days in a row.
Major DiM

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Woodruff wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:

It does not ring any bells...any titles I should look up specifically?

I should point out that I HATE HATE HATE first-person-shooter style games. I much prefer games of the nature of Risk, Civilization, Chess...the one-move-at-a-time-and-now-it's-your-turn style. Though simultaneous moves are also great. But I don't care as much for real-time unless the strategy is just incredible.

Good Christ, Fire Emblem is just that. They're Nintendo based, but you can download emulation software and have the SNES or GameBoy/DS games run on your computer nicely. There are also GC and Wii titles available. I don't know that you'll like the story very much, but the actual gameplay is very Risk and Chesslike, where each piece can move a certain number of squares from a starting position on a board to advance in a turn-by-turn system like chess. The difference, however, is that all of your pieces can move each turn, and like Chess, some are more valuable than others.

Furthermore, and this is perhaps the best (yet most frustrating) part of these game is that you have the same team from mission to mission, so if someone dies in mission 2, they're permanently dead, and you don't get them back. Granted, you get more as the game progresses, but they're usually weaker, as is the consequence of being foolish and letting too many of your people die.

-rd

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

i am trying to play Civ 5 but Steam is giving me the shits
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:i am trying to play Civ 5 but Steam is giving me the shits

I feel like V was a downgrade from IV. I can't stand their decision to remove religion.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I used to play Space Empires V awhile back, a pretty good strategy game,
but now when I do game I'm usually playing some MLP fan game or Pokemon Fire Red to see how overpoweredly I can defeat my opponents.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
greenoaks wrote:i am trying to play Civ 5 but Steam is giving me the shits

I feel like V was a downgrade from IV. I can't stand their decision to remove religion.

i haven't got to that yet, still trying to register my game of the year version with Steam
Sergeant greenoaks

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,