[Abandoned] - CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map)

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 Map ) [April 12 2012] Graphic requests?

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:A couple key gameplay changes for discussion:

1. Each ship has one designated target on the opposite side. That target can still bombard any ship on the same side.

2. Ship cells can only assault their designated target. They cannot assault adjacent ship cells.

#1 does to things - it makes it more difficult to gang up troops on first turn and take an opponent's ship (which would be unlikely, but not impossible). Second, it adds some intricacy to the assault strategies and a reason to have more than just one or two targets on each side.

#2 makes the impact of a "Hit" more like the game. That cell is out of play once its hit. If ship cells can assault adjacent cells it will drag games on when you can just take back the neutral 1 each time. It really isn't needed, since the bonus only requires one cell of the ship. This makes it more realistic without really changing strategy.

I'm not against either of these changes. #2 certainly makes sense. #1 I could take or leave. I'm sort of leaning toward the old way, since it would make things a bit easier on the player (as far as map comprehension goes), but I'm not against this change.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 Map ) [April 12 2012] Gameplay changes?

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Is there an update on the horizon with this one? I stickied it for the stamp, and then the thread went dead.
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby DiM on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:17 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:Is there an update on the horizon with this one?

the last update is from 2 and a half months ago.
shouldn't this be binned?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 pm

The mapmaker posted on June 4th with some suggested GP revisions.
Major nolefan5311

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 pm

How would this work? Each player get 15 territs on ships on his side and all sea territs are randomly either neutral, red or green!? Is there any crossing over between the two sides? Can they bombard each other in some way? And won't it be an incredible advantage to go first? And my last question is: when the hell can I try this? lol
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:06 am

Yeah, I was kind of just waiting for some more opinions on the gameplay changes, but if there's no objections, I guess I'll just move through with them.

Gillipig, red ships assault red targets and red targets bombard green ships - likewise for green. This is the only way to 'cross over'. It is meant to emulate the action of 'hunting' for your opponent's ship in the original game. We're currently discussing the exact connections between ships and targets. Sully makes a good point about the current version's simplicity, but as you note, there is an advantage to going first that must be addressed as well.

Any suggestions?

I'll try to get this updated shortly. I will also try some different backgrounds, per ManBungalow's request.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby nolefan5311 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Now that the strike is over, let's see an update on this one soon. That work for you limbo?
Major nolefan5311

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 am

[Moved]

It appears development on this map has stalled. Once an update has been made, let a CA know to get this moved back into the Foundry.
Major nolefan5311

Re: [Vacation - Valid until Feb 2013] - CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Hmmm... I didn't know the strike had ended. :(

Hoping to update this next week. Thanks
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Cool, looking forward to it.
Major nolefan5311

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 Map ) [April 12 2012] Graphic requests?

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 am

nolefan5311 wrote:How do I get to the sea cells? Are some of the sea cells starting positions as well? Do I need to go through the targets? And for this to be like the game, shouldn't the targets be able to attack ship cells on the OTHER side of the map (ship cells one way attack targets on their side of the map, which can bombard all ship cells on opposite side of map). I think the only attack option across the map should be bombard, just like in the game. I take control of the target on my side of the map, and bombard ship cells on the other side (which then can't be taken back, like your latest suggestion suggest). Also, if you plan on having any sort of decay or killer neutral on the targets, that needs to be mentioned in the legend.

Regardless, this is pretty close to the stamp, so I will go ahead and sticky it.

I overlooked this comment before, but I like this idea. I will change the targets to torpedoes and have them be on the same side. Then they will bombard only across the board.

I like the idea of a killer neutral on the targets/torpedoes too. I will lower the neutral and make it reset.

Update soon!
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 am

Looking forward to it.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map) v.8 - Updated 8/28

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 pm

A few changes inspired by nolefan that should address koontz' concerns over stalemate and lopsided starts...

Version 8
Each section of the Destroyer and Submarine on each side one-way assaults the connected torpedo.
Each section of the Aircraft carriers one-way assaults the connected jet fighter.
Torpedoes and Jet Fighters bombard and are bombarded by any ship on the opposite side of the map.
Each section of the Battleship and Patrol Boat bombard the sea cells marked by arrows.
Sea Mines, Torpedoes and Jet Fighters are all impassable by sea. The trails connecting the latter to their ships are normal sea cells. This essentially functions like train connections do on various maps by showing a connection without interfering with the territory.
Toyed with the table background and toned it down considerably.
I lowered the starting # of troops to 10 and the torpedo/jets to 5 to help minimize first-turn advantage.
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Postby pamoa on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Nice to see this going on
torpedoes / jet are a good add-on
Each section of the Battleship and Patrol Boat bombard the sea cells marked by arrows.
hum then how do you attack adjacent sea ...
maybe transform it in a bombard range of 2
I've added a bonus of +1 per 10 sea cells on your opponent's side, to give those some extra purpose beyond defence. I'm on the fence about this change and could be swayed either way.
I don't know how you will code it
by example when you 8 players with troops everywhere
Toyed with the table background and toned it down considerably.
well for me its totally out of theme

another graphic remark is about your tittle
all your text are as if they were engraved in the box
except your title
either split it or write it twice red and green
de gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces et donjonnée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 pm

[Moved]

Update made, all looking good. Back you go into the fray. Good luck lostatlimbo.

koontz
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box