Conquer Club

[CC3] IA vs. HH - [23-18] - Final 7/1

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Immortal Assassins vs. Headless Horsemen [14-10]

Postby ahunda on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, you know, Keefie, quite honestly: When I saw your map selection for the first round, I certainly would have liked to tell you to f*ck off.

The only thing I found more ridiculous & disappointing than your map selection were people from other clans coming into this thread & applauding you for it, encouraging you (and maybe other clans) to pull that kind of BS in the future too. I would have liked to tell them to f*ck off too.

Now obviously not everybody in IA has the self-constraint, that I have, and some of our members gave you sh*t for your choice in Game Chat. I consider it an achievement, that we haven´t given you sh*t over all this thread & turned this into a bloody flame fest, because you would have deserved it.
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby John Deere on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 am

ahunda wrote:Well, you know, Keefie, quite honestly: When I saw your map selection for the first round, I certainly would have liked to tell you to f*ck off.

The only thing I found more ridiculous & disappointing than your map selection were people from other clans coming into this thread & applauding you for it, encouraging you (and maybe other clans) to pull that kind of BS in the future too. I would have liked to tell them to f*ck off too.

Now obviously not everybody in IA has the self-constraint, that I have, and some of our members gave you sh*t for your choice in Game Chat. I consider it an achievement, that we haven´t given you sh*t over all this thread & turned this into a bloody flame fest, because you would have deserved it.

Well done! In true IA fashion! =D> =D> =D> =D> :?
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby Ickyketseddie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:59 am

ahunda wrote:Well, you know, Keefie, quite honestly: When I saw your map selection for the first round, I certainly would have liked to tell you to f*ck off.

Outrageous! I dont see how you can condem a clan for taking a approach that gives them there best shot at winning. Sure unfortunately they don't feel they can be competetive on there usual maps, but whats wrong with adopting a strategy that gives them a chance? Personally i think you guys should be humbled that they feel they need to take this approach to stand a chance.

Keefie - Classy post mate and impressive scoreline. HH seem to move from strength to strength! Can't wait to see how things have moved along in another 6 months.
Captain Ickyketseddie

Re: [CC3] Immortal Assassins vs. Headless Horsemen [14-12]

Postby Keefie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:03 am

Ahunda your post is very disappointing I thought you were a class act.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ahunda on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:06 am

lol. What a bunch of hypocrites.

There are tons of threads in this here clan forum, where people discuss page after page how to minimise the luck factor & make clan challenges a real competition of skill. And yet, the guy choosing Doodle Earth, Duck & Cover and Luxembourg for his home games is not getting called out for taking a cheap shot or choosing the low road, no, he is applauded & encouraged.

Now you can all tell me what you want, but I don´t believe for a second, that you would have been happy to receive such away games in a clan challenge yourself, or that you would have enjoyed playing them.

We thought, what HH did here was pretty disrespectful, not only to us, but to the clan scene in general. Because this is simply not, what clan challenges should be. And the nerve of the guy to then accuse us of caring too much about winning ...

You might notice however, that until now we didn´t raise the issue here at all. We let it slide, sucked it up, played the games. And if you bother to check the games, you will find exactly one member of IA complaining about a) the map selection, b) dice, dice, dice. Now I can understand, if that irritates Keefie, but he could have let it rest after calling my clan mate "a dice whining fuckwit" & "numbnuts" in Game Chat. (After these insults, one other IA member got involved, so that´s two then.)

Instead he has to come in here and call my clan mates "assholes", whilst at the same time preaching about honourful conduct & gentleman behaviour. And yet again, he is in the right ("classy post"), and I am wrong ?

Here is, what I think:

If you face a more experienced & probably superior clan, you choose your best & favourite maps, and you give it your best shot, win or lose. Even losing, you can earn a good deal of respect, when you play well and get a close result. But as Keefie himself said at the start of the challenge, he would rather win than be a "gallant loser". 3 weeks later accusing us of caring too much about winning. Hypocrite ...

As mentioned before, we probably would not have raised the issue here at all. But being called out for making this challenge unpleasant for them (lol), and calling my clan-mates "assholes", whilst playing the gentleman card, sorry, but there is only so much, that I will take ...
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby Keefie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:10 am

I think what's at play here is the worst kind of clan snobbery.

IA are one of the oldest clans around and are currently ranked 6th. They are a formidable outfit, with quite possibly the highest average ranked players of any clan and on there day could beat anyone. HH are one of the newest clans and are currently ranked 24th.

So what does a team like HH do when drawn to face them in a Knock out cup ? Obviously IA expected us to behave just like a little low ranked clan should and chose maps that would play right into their hands. Well I'm so sorry that HH had the temerity to choose maps that gave us a slim chance of pulling off a shock win. It's very sad that an element in IA, which is clearly bigger than I first thought, feel that their clan has been disrespected by HH. It's also very sad that high ranked players constantly whinge and whine about how unfair the dice are and make comments in chat like:

"i wont even dignify this silly map with a 'gg' ... its good dice for your team and that is all ... splitting your forces and being successful ... what a bunch of crap ... pure luck ... so happy to be done playin you idiots on these unskilled maps"

and

"bs .. this game is over .. you have dice we have none ... so lame"

and

"gg ... i guess ... i mean like your dice killled ours ... so no strategy involved here ... but you guys new that when you set this map up ... its a crap shoot ... glad we dont have to play any more stupid maps like this ... sheesh, no strat maps, pathetic"

and

"I deployed 3 on myself round 1 + 10 autodeploy units I killed 2 units. U can kiss my ass while I continue to whine about my dice as I have been at below 32% win rate on 3v2 and currently at 28%. And ur maps are mostly skillless ones."

As far as I'm concerned IA disrespect themselves with these comments.

Well we've got a war starting soon with DBC and I'm sure that regardless of the scoreline it will be a darn site more fun than this one was. Give me wars against TNC, OSA, 1st Regt and the like any day.

Keefie
Last edited by Keefie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: [CC3] Immortal Assassins vs. Headless Horsemen [16-12]

Postby Keefie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 am

Yes I did finally snap and call one of IA's players a 'fuckwit' and referred to him as 'numbnuts' in response to his continuous idiotic comments and bad sportsmanship.

Funny that I've received a pm from one member of IA apologising for the behaviour of his team mates =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ickyketseddie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:45 am

All i'll say on this is i'm not saying Keefie calling your clan mates assholes is classy. I just ment that since there had obviously been some nasty in game chat, it was nice to see Keefie rise above and wish you all the best.

Everyone knows IA are a great outfit, I don't see why there needs to be so much hostility because they tried a new approach to take out a top ten clan since on a even playing field it wasn't going to happen.

As for being all about winning... well we all are, especially in then clan world lets not even dispute that.

My personal experience with members from both clans has been great. The above is a bit sad to see from great players. The dice suck, we all know it, but thats not anyones fault here.

All the best to you both, i'll take myself out the thread now! :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby fishydance on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:55 am

This is beginning to resemble a Hatfield McCoy situation, which I honestly don't think either clan wants to see happen. Let's agree that both sides said some regrettable things in the heat of the moment, and let it go. It's a game. Games should ultimately be fun, so let's get back to having fun and bury this issue for good. We all have better, and more enjoyable, things to do.
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ahunda on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:19 am

I apologise.

I still think, that HHs choice of maps was/is a greater offense (in terms of good sportsmanship, appropriate conduct, whatever you wanna call it) than some dice bitching in a couple of games. For us it took the fun out of this challenge before it even began, independent of the final score (that might still be very very close by the way).

And thus I really felt offended to be lectured on good sportsmanship by someone, who in my opinion had himself performed poorly in that regard. That however does not excuse me getting nasty about it.

So again: I apologise. Not for my opinion, by which I stand, but for my choice of words & unnecesseraly furthering hostility here.
Field Marshal ahunda

Re: [CC3] Immortal Assassins vs. Headless Horsemen [16-13]

Postby Keefie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 am

Ahunda, I'm at a loss to understand exactly what you are apologising for.

You accuse HH and myself of:

Choosing the low road
Taking a cheap shot
Disrespecting IA and the clan scene in general
Poor sportsmanship
Inappropriate conduct

These are pretty serious accusations to make just because you didn't like our map selection :lol:

All because I pointed out in an earlier post that two of his clan mates had soured the experience for us. I did actually say " While Ahunda and the majority of his clan have played and acted like gentlemen", so it's a damn shame he's ruining it now.

However, I too will apologise, but not for defending myself and the Headless Horsemen from the complete garbage that you're throwing at us. So I guess my apology is just about as empty as yours.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby allinpoker1980 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:52 am

Look I dont see what all the fuss is about? Map picking is a strategy even if it means picking the simplest maps to beat a clan that has outstacked ours in terms of recrutiting higher ranks. If you want to talk about disrespecting the clan scene I could argue that trying to stack your clan so deep that you outrank other clans is a direspect to sportsmanship. Or that your idea of picking maps you know but others dont is unsportsmanlike. I have not weighted in on this yet and really didnt want to get involved because quite frankly, drama over a board game is more than a little silly. And as for a Hatfields Mccoy situation, by this point, I say bring it!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class allinpoker1980

Postby fishydance on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 pm

allinpoker1980 wrote:Look I dont see what all the fuss is about? Map picking is a strategy even if it means picking the simplest maps to beat a clan that has outstacked ours in terms of recrutiting higher ranks. If you want to talk about disrespecting the clan scene I could argue that trying to stack your clan so deep that you outrank other clans is a direspect to sportsmanship. Or that your idea of picking maps you know but others dont is unsportsmanlike. I have not weighted in on this yet and really didnt want to get involved because quite frankly, drama over a board game is more than a little silly. And as for a Hatfields Mccoy situation, by this point, I say bring it!!!!

As a player who was with the clan when it was initially started, I can assure you that the clan began with solid, experienced players from the get go. Since then we have not recruited any differently than other clans have. How that has anything to do with the current debate on this thread is beyond me.
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby allinpoker1980 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm

It has as much to do with this debate as our choice of maps. Its all asinine over a game in which we exercised our right to pick our own maps. Those points are not meant to really complain about those aspects of your clan, but to point our what we could be saying about your sportsmanship if we were so inclined. So, in short, learn from your own comments on fair play and sportsmanship and quit being a bunch of whiney rude a-holes. Its a game, have fun!

Postby fishydance on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 pm

allinpoker1980 wrote:It has as much to do with this debate as our choice of maps. Its all asinine over a game in which we exercised our right to pick our own maps. Those points are not meant to really complain about those aspects of your clan, but to point our what we could be saying about your sportsmanship if we were so inclined. So, in short, learn from your own comments on fair play and sportsmanship and quit being a bunch of whiney rude a-holes. Its a game, have fun!

Not sure why you feel the need to call me whiney or an a-hole, when I've said nothing derogatory about any of you. However, I agree that it's a game and we should have fun. Let's end this chatter and play on!
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby allinpoker1980 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 pm

HOnestly thats not directed at you. My comment is in regards to game chat from some of your teammates who instead of being good sports decide to take a rude derogatory tone.

Postby fishydance on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:39 pm

allinpoker1980 wrote:HOnestly thats not directed at you. My comment is in regards to game chat from some of your teammates who instead of being good sports decide to take a rude derogatory tone.

Thanks for the clarification. As I said, let's play on. Looks like it may be a close finish in the end!
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby allinpoker1980 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 pm

well said, gl!

Postby Keefie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Fishydance, you are a class act =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Master Fenrir on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Keefie wrote:Ahunda, I'm at a loss to understand exactly what you are apologising for.

You accuse HH and myself of:

Choosing the low road
Taking a cheap shot
Disrespecting IA and the clan scene in general
Poor sportsmanship
Inappropriate conduct

These are pretty serious accusations to make just because you didn't like our map selection :lol:

All because I pointed out in an earlier post that two of his clan mates had soured the experience for us. I did actually say " While Ahunda and the majority of his clan have played and acted like gentlemen", so it's a damn shame he's ruining it now.

However, I too will apologise, but not for defending myself and the Headless Horsemen from the complete garbage that you're throwing at us. So I guess my apology is just about as empty as yours.

I don't get how you don't get it.

If you buy into the CC clan scene, then you understand the strides that have been taken to make wars as fair and as skill-based as possible. Think about it: no speed, no freestyle, no nukes, no beta, unlimited restrictions, and the 12 hour fog rule. All of those rules seek to eliminate or reduce the luck factor as best as possible so that the outcome of a war reflects clan skill and team strategy as often as possible. This is known.

What you did goes against what everybody else has sought to do. You have tried to MAXIMIZE the luck factor. It's not that nobody understands. You're facing a much higher ranked/skilled clan and doing your best to increase the odds of a victory by decreasing skill-based outcomes. We get it. But then what? Then you win, but everybody knows why and how. Nothing changes except you go up the ladder and IA slides down because you intentionally luck-fucked them. That's what I think ahunda and others aren't appreciating.

Suppose you won this, then what? Then you do the same against AFOS/TNC? Then after that you do it against the Monkeys? I know that we're here to have fun and all that jazz, but you HAD to expect that people would get pissed about playing Doodle quads, right?

I just don't really understand why you seem so surprised that a couple of gamechats ended up less than friendly. You said, "All because I pointed out in an earlier post that two of his clan mates had soured the experience for us." That's kind of a weird thing to say when your map choice could have conceivably soured the experience for every IA player. That's like signing up for a chess tournament but forcing your opponent to play rock-paper-scissors and wondering why they get pissed.

I don't really care and I don't want to debate you on anything I said, I'm just not understanding this "what are they all so mad about?" attitude that you seem to be adopting. Either you're naive, or stupid, or just not really taking responsibility for your approach to this war. Man up, boss.
General Master Fenrir

Postby tec805 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 am

Keefie wrote:Yes I did finally snap and call one of IA's players a 'fuckwit' and referred to him as 'numbnuts' in response to his continuous idiotic comments and bad sportsmanship.

Uh-oh... comments like that against IA members can cost you a clan medal... if you won... :-$
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby Keefie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:29 am

Master Fenrir, I appreciate your comments but cannot disagree with them more.

If this had been a regular war I doubt very much that I would have employed the tactics that I did. Seeing as this is a knockout competition I really don't see any issue with a team trying to maximise their chances of winning and thus advancement to the next round. You and I both know that this was our only chance of achieving that.

You say that the clan world has worked hard to reduce the 'luck' factor from clan wars. Mmmmm, I must say that maybe it's the top clans who have lobbied the hardest to achieve this in order that they remain at the top. HH have done nothing wrong. We have played by the rules of the competition, so any objection to the tactics we have employed is just sour grapes. It is the right of every clan to negociate the terms of a clan war, including the exclusion of certain maps. IA chose not to do this, so every map out there was available to us.

All the best
Keefie
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby freakns on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:32 am

are you serious?! :o
im the first one pointed out on this thread that i hope HH lose every single of their home map due to the ridiculous map selection, but it is within their rights to do so! and you are talking about IA showing class?!
Game 11048142
true class act that beersurfer. if he made that comment against me or anyone else from my clan... well, you can imagine how i would react... and then in same time you and yellow posting gg comments. im guessing when you won, suddenly game become good. as one of the oldest and most respected clans you should be the one showing class... and calling ppl idiots just because of their map selection is everything but class. you guys should be ashamed of yourself, not HH.

@Keefie, you guys have winning on their home maps and act respectful while doing so. you guys have made a name for yourself in this clan war, no matter what IA is saying. i dont like your map selection, i said it more then once but its within your rights, so i dont see a problem here. as i said, id always take 50/50 chance on away maps and then take care on my home maps. and as far as i can see, its 7-5 IA on their home maps, the ones that... i dunno... requires incredible amount of skill? well, i guess they were lucky you guys chose skillles maps, otherwise they might lost thios war...
Brigadier freakns

Postby Keefie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:47 am

I wasn't going to name anyone but since the main culprit has just been outed by Freakns then here's another comment from yesterday.

Game 11152614

Great response from Snuden though =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snuden on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:15 am

My comment was meant in jest against the childish language directed at us and NOT against his teammates who have, as far as I am concerned, been really good sports throughout.
Major snuden

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges