Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [PostBattle3Scenarios;

Postby TX AG 90 on Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I 2nd DK - Well Done!
Private TX AG 90

The European Infiltration

Postby blitzkreig2 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Since the industrial revolution environmental groups have protested the destruction and exploitation of our worlds natural beauty and resources. For equally as long they have been mostly ignored and regarded as "tree hugging hippies". Some have protested peacefully, some have sought legislative action, others such as Earth First and the Earth Liberation Front have taken a more militant approach.
When the world witnessed the unilateral destruction of the amazon rainforest recruiting for and belief in these organizations swelled dramatically. Support has grown so much due to outrage at the actions of the united nations security council member nations for their actions in Brazilla that goals that had previously only been fantasy and pipe dreams now may well be attainable.
to truly enact change the environmental groups need true power, the power only established governments an wield. The governments and populace of the European nations have always been more supportive of environmental causes. It is In Europe that they hope to attain the power and influence to change the destructive course of the world.
Not wanting to be undone by traitors from within like happened in China, or to be flanked militarily as happened in the amazon basin the Earth Defense Forces (EDF) have developed a multi faceted approach to their goal of attaining power. The peacefully minded groups will build popular support finding support in local, state, and national governments. Their goals are to quickly gain majority influence in European governments and gain support for the movement while working tirelessly to identify and root out traitors. Simultaneously the more militant groups will use any means necessary to eliminate those in power that are opposed to their earth first agenda, particularly in the U.N security council governments of Russia, France, and the U.K. Will the environmental movement gain control of European power and influence? Or will yet another popular peoples movement be exposed and violently crushed?

Faction represented by the alliance: Earth Defense Forces(EDF), supportive governments, and gathered support

Faction represented by the confederation: U.K., Russian, and French Governments, non-supportive governments.

Map: Europe

settings:
Escalating spoils (gathering of support)
Unlimited reinforcements (good transportation networks and social media)
Foggy (secret government infiltration and spy tactics)
Sergeant 1st Class blitzkreig2

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [LASTDay to post scenar

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 pm

The 7 days allotted for writing submissions for Battle/Event Scenario 3 has ended.

blitzkreig2's submission has gone unchallenged. As a result, his well-written and comprehensive storylien has been implemented and will soon be made history in our third battle!

We're now just waiting on the MOH Qualifier games from Battle 2 to finish up; then I'll immediately begin Round 3!
Thanks for your patience :D

Our Next Scenario, by blitzkreig2
show: Battle Scenario

Congratulations to blitzkreig2 for taking the time to write the script for Battle 3! =D> =D> =D>

That makes 2 scripts written for him, and he's now in the lead for the Nostradamus General Achievement Medal!

For now, begin making preparations for turmoil in Europe, all in the name of saving the planet! A true case of ends justifying the means ;)
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle 2/8; Updated 5/

Postby BunnRee on Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

Won game Game 11102052! Very worthy opponents.
PAY ATTENTION! Squirrels and Rabbit Holes happen all the time. So, be on the lookout for unanticipated amazement and joy!
Cook BunnRee

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue May 29, 2012 12:11 am

BunnRee wrote:Won game Game 11102052! Very worthy opponents.

Indeed, it's no easy feat to even make it to the Qualifier game.

Thus we have 1 of the 2 games done. I've when ahead and set up the games for Battle 3 (Europe) so that sending the invites and beginning next round will go as quickly as possible.

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Our third of eight battles is underway!

Over the weekend, you should receive 4 (and only 4) invites.

If by the end of the weekend you have received MORE or LESS than 4 invites please let me know immediately!

And, another congratulations to blitzkreig2 for his contribution in writing the storyline behind our third bloody encounter! =D>

The competition WAS open to ALL contestants; after all the player who has the most scripts approved into the tournament gets a General Achievement medal...

Thank you, and good luck as you take on a new, modern European war, striving to either restore mother nature or protect against radical environmentalism! 8-)

Standings Board (click here)

List of Fronts and Battle Scenarios (click here)

FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [LASTDay to post scenar

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:56 am

WorldCup4James wrote:The 7 days allotted for writing submissions for Battle/Event Scenario 3 has ended.

blitzkreig2's submission has gone unchallenged. As a result, his well-written and comprehensive storylien has been implemented and will soon be made history in our third battle!

We're now just waiting on the MOH Qualifier games from Battle 2 to finish up; then I'll immediately begin Round 3!
Thanks for your patience :D

Our Next Scenario, by blitzkreig2
show: Battle Scenario

Congratulations to blitzkreig2 for taking the time to write the script for Battle 3! =D> =D> =D>

That makes 2 scripts written for him, and he's now in the lead for the Nostradamus General Achievement Medal!

For now, begin making preparations for turmoil in Europe, all in the name of saving the planet! A true case of ends justifying the means ;)

Congratulations Blitzkrieg!

(I'll be back next time, so be sure to sharpen your pencil..:P )
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle 3/8; Updated 6/

Postby coachcarter853 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:39 pm

I will join in if you have a spot. I will do a situation where the last bit of oil in the world is in Antarctica. nuclear to simulate blizzards. Rest is whatever you feel best fits.
Cook coachcarter853

Postby Aussie02 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

I'll reserve if you're still in need of another player:)
Cadet Aussie02

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm

I am aware of some of the players who failed to accept invites. I have contacted them personally and am actively searching for reserves.

I am in search of at least 2 players who can take over for people who have gone off the site for whatever reason. If somehow you can help get players (I've done as much as I can posting in various places), it would be a great help!

Otherwise, please be patient!

Appreciate your commitment to the tournament =D> =D>

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

WorldCup4James wrote:I am aware of some of the players who failed to accept invites. I have contacted them personally and am actively searching for reserves.

I am in search of at least 2 players who can take over for people who have gone off the site for whatever reason. If somehow you can help get players (I've done as much as I can posting in various places), it would be a great help!

Why bother with replacements? You have a training league. Why not just forfeit the games of the deserters, credit their wins to the enemy for this round, and then accelerate the promotion of troops in the training league for next round?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
WorldCup4James wrote:I am aware of some of the players who failed to accept invites. I have contacted them personally and am actively searching for reserves.

Why bother with replacements? You have a training league. Why not just forfeit the games of the deserters, credit their wins to the enemy for this round, and then accelerate the promotion of troops in the training league for next round?

This is true, I was thinking of making some sort of temporary conscription. However, ultimately players will be needed, because in, say, Round 6 or 7, all the players will have been called up.

But perhaps then it would be easier to get recruits. Frankly I don't have choice. Good thinking Duk! =D>

Postby Wizz00 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 am

In please as reserve, don't mind where i get posted
Major Wizz00

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 am

Wizz00 wrote:In please as reserve, don't mind where i get posted

Allrighty, so we welcome 3 new players to the tournament!

coachcarter853 joins in place of Knumbawang, for the remainder of the tournament.

Aussie02 joins in place of eagleblade, for the remainder of the tournament.

Wizz00 joins in place of Linnick, for the remainder of the tournament.

The changes have been made everywhere except on the visual Standings board; that will be done at the next update.

Postby coachcarter853 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I have won that game!
Cook coachcarter853

Postby general cod on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Rebel alliance please
Major general cod

June 30 Update

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:17 pm

June 30 Update

Yes, it is now confirmed that indeed the Alliance has won its first victory of the war, meaning the environmentalists' cause has triumphed!

A full update will follow after our Medal of Honor Qualifiers now commence as usual, featuring the top 2 Alliance players from the 4 winning fronts that the Alliance claimed.

Game 11317544
Game 11317545

Once these games finish, we'll have our summation of Battle 3 and kick off Battle 4!

Thanks!

Post your Battle 4 Scenarios!

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Updated Standings Board
show: Standings

Would you like to choose the Map AND Settings for the next round? Write and Post a Battle Scenario for Our Fourth Battle!

Choosing the map and settings is very influential and, if you choose wisely, can land you a ton of points and a spot in the Playoffs.

Just write a brief paragraph on a possible World War III scenario. Identify 2 key sides, one for the Confederation and one for the Alliance and the map and settings.

Then post it on the tournament page
here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=159969&start=0

It's that simple!

We've now completed three battles, but five key events remain ahead, and each one of you has the opportunity to write history! I will now be accepting any scenario proposals for the next 7 days (until CC Time: 2012-07-18 15:00:00).

Contextual Requirements
To ensure the plot is not disjointed, I advise you make some sort of reference, be it significant or minute, to the events of Europe (the environmental group, Earth Defense Forces, has been placed in power of most of Europe by popular support, after uproars emerged from UN damage to the Amazon rain forest in Battle 2.

You may also make reference to the workers' revolt put down in China (Battle 1).

The events in your scenario do not have to necessarily stem directly from the events in Europe, Brazil, or China, but there should be some link made.

Possible Ideas to help you out:
  • Russia responds after its leaders were murdered by the EDF
  • Domestic unrest after possible failure of solving environmental problems.
  • US response to the radical upheaval in Europe?

Work with these ideas or come up with something new!

Here's an example. If you choose to write a scenario, it should look something like this; scenario, followed by sides and maps and settings:
show: Scenario

...was only 5 sentences long.

Writing history is NOT required of course, but there is a General Achievement Medal (the Nostradamus Award), which will be given to the player who has the most number of scenarios written. Please consider taking part! :o :?

I'm giving all players 7 days (until CC Time: 2012-07-18 15:00:00) so that should give you plenty of time if you have an idea! And it doesn't have to be in depth at all, just something simple so we can get some community involvement in the tournament. ;)

Thanks,
James

Spy vs Spy

Postby blitzkreig2 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:45 pm

The great Russian bear has never been known for its restraint when attacked or provoked. The situation in with Europe will be no different. When the heads of the Russian government were assassinated by EDF operatives Russian nationalists and most notably the KGB were not only shocked and outraged, but their pride was deeply wounded to have allowed such a thing to happen.

With the absence of a clear political leader in Russia the head of the KGB sees no obstacles to enacting swift, definitive retribution. Russian KGB spies have long had a reputation as the most talented and most ruthless in the world. This Is their chance to be recognized and feared once again on the world stage.

The KGB now plans a clandestine operation to detonate a nuclear device in the heart of London. The top operatives of the KGB are assembled to carry out the operation.

The EDF has talented spies of their own, and catches wind of a possible attack, but intelligence about the place and time of the attack is spotty at best. Will the KGB enact their retribution, or will the EDF spies decipher their intelligence to intercept and neutralize the threat in time?

Faction representing the alliance: EDF Spies

Faction representing the confederation: KGB spies

Map: London

SETTINGS:
No spoils (small spy teams)
Fog (secretive spy operation)
Adjacent (small area, operatives mostly on foot)
Last edited by blitzkreig2 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class blitzkreig2

Re: A Chance to Write History:WWIII [PostBattle4ScenariosDay

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:31 pm

BY A VALVE-CONTROL STATION ON THE DRUZHBA PIPELINE, SOMEWHERE SOUTH OF BRYANSK
... two men looked at each other with grim faces.

"So the pussies from the west think that murdering our leaders will make us cave in," said the first.

"They've miscalculated," said the other, a large rugged man in the uniform of a Russian Army general.

"Will there be war?"

The general looked thoughful for a long, long time. "Maybe." he answered, "For now, we will stop selling them our oil."

"They say they don't want our oil. They say they want to live on clean energy."

"Yes, and when they want to go from one place to another they will sprinkle fairy dust on their cars and fly," the general spat in disgust. "They're going to run a society of 400,000,000 people on windmills and water wheels? All the windmills in Europe wouldn't light up the south end of Dusseldorf."

"Yes," said the other with a smirk. "It's interesting that the flow in the pipeline hasn't slowed down since the change."

The general looked towards the pipeline, and the flow control building, and nodded. "Shut it down," he said.

A SIMILAR STATION, ON A SIMILAR PIPE, SOMEWHERE NEAR POSOF, TURKEY
... a man was careful to keep his breathing under control. With precise movements he attached the wires to the detonators, checking and double checking the connections he made. Satisfied with his work, he put his tools back in his pockets.

As he completed the final, irrevicable step and activated the timer, a tiny LCD display began counting down. A look of shock came over his face, and then amusement. After all these years of flawless engineering, he was about to meet his end through a stupid rookie mistake. He had set the timer for 20 seconds instead of 20 minutes.

In his last seconds he thought about his girlfriend Anna, one perfect day last July, when they had gone on a vacation in the capital. He thought about her standing in front of the the Cathedral of the Archangel Micheal, her long hair blowing in the wind.....

EDF CRISIS COUNCIL, IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION NEAR BRUSSELS
... the professor completed his briefing to the Council, "Severe shortages will begin within 15 days. During that time you will still have options. After that your only options will be to go on your knees, either to Moscow or to Washington, and beg for oil."

The Chairman turned to the Foreign Trade Minister. "The Arabs are still friendly?"

"As long as we have cash, the Gulf Arabs will sell us anything we want. But with most of the pipelines blown it means nothing. And with Russian puppets ruling in Cairo, it's not likely we'll get permission to use the Suez."

The Chairman turned to the room. "The motion before us is that we occupy the Suez in order to secure oil shipments from the Persian Gulf." He paused for a minute. "Lest anyone ever claim that they were misinformed: make no mistake. There will be no namby-pamby carnival like in 1956. This will be real war, with real costs and casualties, and if we give it anything less than 100%, we will fail. Debate?"

Debate continued for hours, but the result was inevitable. The vote to seize the Suez Canal was 11-4 in favour.

Faction representing the Alliance: Earth Defense Forces (governing about 75% of Europe) with insignificant token support from various other Alliance nations.
Faction representing the Confederacy: Egypt, with real and tangible support from Russia, and minor support from non-Gulf Arab states.

Map: Middle East

Escalating, as the war rapidly grows
Chained, mobility being crucial
No Fog, as both sides have excellent satellite imagery
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Vote for Battle 4 Scenario

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Please briefly view the possible scenarios for Battle 4, and vote for your favorite.

Below are the entries:

WWIII Battle 4 Scenarios

Entry 1
show: Entry 1

Entry 2
show: Entry 2

Go Vote for Favorite Entry (click here)

Thank you!

*I apologize for not having the poll conveniently at the top of the page; the poll creator at CC has been glitching for me, displaying seven entries rather than two :lol: so I have no other choice :roll:

Voting ends at CC Time: 2012-07-21 17:00:00.

Re: A Chance to Write History:WWIII [Vote for Favorite Scena

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:29 am

Entry 2 has won the vote after three days, and 39 votes.

The results are:

Entry 1: 38% (15 votes)

Entry 2: 62% (24 votes)

As a result, Entry 2, written by Dukasaur, will be the scenario for our fourth battle!

We still have one more game ongoing, and then I'll kick off our campaign in the Middle East! :twisted:

Battle 4 Scenario
show: Battle 4 Scenario

Re: Spy vs Spy

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 am

Well, we're tied 2 and 2 for the Nostradamus, eh?

I must say, although I like mine better, blitzkreig's scenario was excellent also!

=D>
blitzkreig2 wrote:The great Russian bear has never been known for its restraint when attacked or provoked. The situation in with Europe will be no different. When the heads of the Russian government were assassinated by EDF operatives Russian nationalists and most notably the KGB were not only shocked and outraged, but their pride was deeply wounded to have allowed such a thing to happen.

With the absence of a clear political leader in Russia the head of the KGB sees no obstacles to enacting swift, definitive retribution. Russian KGB spies have long had a reputation as the most talented and most ruthless in the world. This Is their chance to be recognized and feared once again on the world stage.

The KGB now plans a clandestine operation to detonate a nuclear device in the heart of London. The top operatives of the KGB are assembled to carry out the operation.

The EDF has talented spies of their own, and catches wind of a possible attack, but intelligence about the place and time of the attack is spotty at best. Will the KGB enact their retribution, or will the EDF spies decipher their intelligence to intercept and neutralize the threat in time?

Faction representing the alliance: EDF Spies

Faction representing the confederation: KGB spies

Map: London

SETTINGS:
No spoils (small spy teams)
Fog (secretive spy operation)
Adjacent (small area, operatives mostly on foot)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Updated 8/7 Battle 4]

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 am

"Seize the Suez"

The fourth global encounter has commenced! Game invites have arrived ;) .

Congratulations to Dukasaur for the winning scenario, as well as blitzkreig2 for putting forth his own battle scenario that only narrowly lost in the vote.

The competition WAS open to ALL contestants; after all the player who has the most scripts approved into the tournament gets a General Achievement medal...

Thanks for staying committed to the tournament, my friends, and good luck as you take on the second round of the infamous Suez Crisis!

Russia has shut down the oil pipelines, and, under great pressure, the EDF, eco-friendly Europe has responded with force to, quite ironically, secure the much-needed commodity of oil. You'll fight for either the EDF, or for Egypt (supported by Russia and non-Gulf Arab states) as defenders of the Suez.
:o :-s 8-[

List of Fronts and Battle Scenarios (click here)

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Updated 8/7 Battle 4]

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:29 pm

I am aware of the absences in 18 of the division games thus far. Even the Reserves leagues are low on players :? I have, of course, posted in the Play-Now section calling for players to join. I have also begun posting invites in Live Chat. If you know of any players who would like to take part in the tournament, it would be a great help to consider inviting them to join. I'm ready to keep this story going, so long as we have enough players on board. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013