Conquer Club

HP: fight for freedom. Game over. Wizards won.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: HP: fight for freedom. Day 8, a second death. (8/18)

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

If there really was one...they've had 7 nights to recruit...the chances of them lasting this long without any of their recruits being killed in the night or lynched/not being able to figure out who's mafia from who they have and have not recruited seems highly unlikely.

Also @alt: everyone's bad at first.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:13 pm

strike wolf wrote:If there really was one...they've had 7 nights to recruit...the chances of them lasting this long without any of their recruits being killed in the night or lynched/not being able to figure out who's mafia from who they have and have not recruited seems highly unlikely.

Also @alt: everyone's bad at first.

Well, the recruit option may not have started until after Voldemort was killed...but that's more guessing. Let's just get the hammer...we keep talking in circles, and I feel like there is no real analysis being done, because Iron is the focus of our attention right now. So, if he does turn up town, we're not learning anything right now anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby alt1978 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Vote IB

Let's move this along.
Major alt1978

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:18 am

Was planning on flipping it this morning and That should be the final part but in case it wasnt

Vote IB
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:21 am

Off to the big horsey farm in the sky. Think of me the next time you have Mc Donalds.

Good game everyone..and good luck.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby freezie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, IB Lynched. No real need for a vote count there, so here's the scene:

Harry has been long gone, and the wizards finished his job for him. Voldemort has fallen. But the deatheaters were not going to stop there soon.

Hermione wasn't the best at magic battles. She instead sought outside help, the kind of help Harry would have gotten. She knew she'd find answers in the Headmaster's room. She ran back into Hogwart and straight in front of the giant Gargoyle.

-Dumbledore. Said Hermione

An easy password, memorial of the school's greatest headmaster. She had never visited that place, but she found her way easily. And, as she had hoped, Dumbledore's portrait was there. She asked him what they could possibly do against what seems an unending horde of deatheaters.

-Deatheaters are long gone, miss Granger.

-How is that possible? What are we fighting then? She replied

-Think a little. What spell did you always had trouble to cast, that you now must use to save your friends?

Hermione quickly ran back outside. For a few minutes, you could hear the words ''Expecto Patronum!'' once in a while in Hogwart's court. Soon, peace was brought back. Soon enough, Wizards finally defended Hogwart

Iron Butterly---Dementor ( Dementor ) has been lynched.

Wizards have won. All wizards, except Severus snape.

Actions/role coming later. For now, a few words:

The game wasn't as balanced as I though. I obviously misjudged the power of the deatheaters. But, oh well.

I said -some- things I shouldn't have. I agree. And that is my bad. I also did few mistakes, but not as many as people thought so. Chapcrap, I didn't receive a pm from you on night 6.

Wizards/non wizard result--A very straight bad idea. As well as the green pm stuff..was suposed to be an alarm for you guys to be hesitant to claim. Obviously that backfired on me..Had planned a lot more as far as making claims dangerous, but cut a few as it would disrupt the game more than anything....

Tail obviously didn't lie anywhere in the game, and he did have his results check with me. As far as you guys calling him out on that..Blame me instead.

To Iron: Sorry dude. My own game backfired on me. I should have kept it simple instead of going full lore-wise...

Had a lot more to say but I forgot..So..yea.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:22 am

Wow. Didn't see Dementor coming!

Nice work town! Freezie, I truly enjoyed the game. You had some pretty complicated roles in here, so kudos for some original ideas.

I think your PM error caused the players to doubt any/all actions...and Chap's play didn't do anything to instill confidence. It was one error, that got blown out of proportion. (no offense to Chap, but even he has to admit that he deserved to be lynched)

I'm not sure mafia was overpowered...although, if Bleed_Green had stayed active, it would have been much tougher. And having Iron fish out the driver early was huge for us.

I'm gonna go Tails as MVP on this one...although Iron would get my vote were he not third party. He played really well.

Thanks to everyone!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 am

LOL I played my heart out.

I was a serial killer who couldnt serial kill. I needed to know ones role name to kill them. I had no investigative powers. I was bullet proof one shot, which oddly I never had to use.

A big thanks to CHAP for givimg me a heads up on "not a wizard", which is why I choose Firenze. It was a toss up between him and Neville Longbottom. In the early game everyone was so uptight about lore I beleived I not only needed a character to use but an action that would fit the charachter.

Chap also gave me a heads up that I needed to prepare. I though I had been caught visiting. I had no idea I was investigated.

I realized by turn four I had to really watch my actions. My BIGGEST fear was that if I killed someone it would look like a Dementor was in the night scene. Then people would know there were two factions. I could have killed early but held back because I wanted Town to beleive there was only one faction. As I learned later I was blocked turn 1,2 and 4 so I was pissing in the wind.

Now DAZZA. I honestly had Dazza pegged round two. Dont ask me why..I just did. Was I 100%?? No but I figure if I was going to go down I would take him with me and if he is lynched mafia all the better. It was a huge Gambit that worked beyond expectations.

My down fall??Well I didnt have a strong chance to win but if I had a shot I had to get mafia first. i was under the impression/beleif that if we kill Voldamort it would be game over...but if thats the case how do I kill Town?
I have a feeling Mafia petered out at the end as Bleed all but disappeared.

I wonder how the game would have gone if mafia could have killed off a few more and me going to town earlier.

I will also say that luck played a hugeeee part in me living. Between folks messing up, blocks falling my way and people verifying my possibilities helped.

Mafia had it rough this game. 3 mafia in a 18 player game can be a double edge sword.

Oh yes...Ireally thought we had a werewolf at the end...I was hugely hoping that there would be a nightkill and my hopes of winning were dashed when there was not. LOL and when Alt saved me at the end POETIC!!! I told Freezie I want to kill at least one person before I die.

Anyway awesome game everyone...
good job Freezie.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby freezie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, yea. Greyback. That's what you guys get for not verifying with the mod wether he intend to actually write the scene as they truely are.

I revealed no night actions, except the person dieing. greyback? Nope, no one has that role. A cape left there? Well, it was a cape left there..Nothing more than that.

Themeless mafia style.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:34 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL I played my heart out.

I was a serial killer who couldnt serial kill. I needed to know ones role name to kill them. I had no investigative powers. I was bullet proof one shot, which oddly I never had to use.

A big thanks to CHAP for givimg me a heads up on "not a wizard", which is why I choose Firenze. It was a toss up between him and Neville Longbottom. In the early game everyone was so uptight about lore I beleived I not only needed a character to use but an action that would fit the charachter.

Chap also gave me a heads up that I needed to prepare. I though I had been caught visiting. I had no idea I was investigated.

I realized by turn four I had to really watch my actions. My BIGGEST fear was that if I killed someone it would look like a Dementor was in the night scene. Then people would know there were two factions. I could have killed early but held back because I wanted Town to beleive there was only one faction. As I learned later I was blocked turn 1,2 and 4 so I was pissing in the wind.

Now DAZZA. I honestly had Dazza pegged round two. Dont ask me why..I just did. Was I 100%?? No but I figure if I was going to go down I would take him with me and if he is lynched mafia all the better. It was a huge Gambit that worked beyond expectations.

My down fall??Well I didnt have a strong chance to win but if I had a shot I had to get mafia first. i was under the impression/beleif that if we kill Voldamort it would be game over...but if thats the case how do I kill Town?
I have a feeling Mafia petered out at the end as Bleed all but disappeared.

I wonder how the game would have gone if mafia could have killed off a few more and me going to town earlier.

I will also say that luck played a hugeeee part in me living. Between folks messing up, blocks falling my way and people verifying my possibilities helped.

Mafia had it rough this game. 3 mafia in a 18 player game can be a double edge sword.

Oh yes...Ireally thought we had a werewolf at the end...I was hugely hoping that there would be a nightkill and my hopes of winning were dashed when there was not. LOL and when Alt saved me at the end POETIC!!! I told Freezie I want to kill at least one person before I die.

Anyway awesome game everyone...
good job Freezie.

Holy Shnikies!...you didn't know Dazza was mafia? That explains your phony result...well played...and ballsy!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:37 am

Yup forgot to mention that...THAT was my downfall but how could I have known?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby freezie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:39 am

NIGHT ACTIONS

NIght 1 night actions:

-Chapcrap Investigates Iron Butterfly (not a wizard)
-Thehippo8 Roleblock Iron (roleblocked)
-Jonty investigates Leehar (not voldemort)
-Safariguy5 protects Jonty
-Iron butterfly Kills dazza as belaxtrix lestrange (roleblocked+ failed)
-Strike Investigates the hippo (wizard)
-Everywhere protects Jonty
-Tails watch thehippo8 (has been visited by Strike and pancakemix)
-Bleed green kills Safariguy5
-Bleed green guesses Jonty as Harry Potter
-Pancakemix roleblocks thehippo
-Dazza switch jonty and safariguy

Jonty dies to deatheater kills + voldemort's guess.

Night 2 night actions:

Iron Butterfly: Kill Chap as Bellatrix ( Roleblocked )
TheHippo8: Block Iron
Safari: Protect Spiesr
Strike: Investigates Neb ( Wizard )
Everywhere: Protects Iron
Pancake: No actions
Mafia kill: Spies ( protected--safari dies )
Dazza: No action
tail: Watch spartacus ( was visited by nobody )

Night 3 night actions

Everywhere: Protect Neb
Hippo: Roleblock Neb
strike: Investigate spiesr (wizard)
Chapcrap: Tracks Neb (roleblocked)
Iron Butterfly: Investigate Tails as voldemort ( failed )
Pancakemix: Roleblocks Chap
Tails: Watch Chapcrap ( was visited by Pancakemix )

Night 4 night actions:

Strike: Investigates Neb (wizard)
Tail: Watch Iron Butterfly ( was visited by Thehippo and Pancakemix)
Hippo: Block Iron
Pancake: Block Iron
Chap: track Strike wolf ( he visited Neb )
Mafia: Kill hippo
Everywhere: Protect chap
Iron: Kill bleed_green as voldemort (roleblocked)

Night 5 night actions:

Everywhere Protects tails
Strike investigates Alt ( Wizard )
Tails watches McHammer ( was visited by nobody )
Iron guesses everywhere as voldemort ( fails )

Night 6 night actions:

Strike: Investigates Everywhere ( Wizard )
Everywhere: Protects Tail
Iron Butterfly: Tries to kill Any as Mickey Mouse ( Counts as skipping his action )
Tail: Watches Strike wolf ( nobody visited him )

Night 7 night actions:

Iron kills MC as James Potter ( sucess )
Strike investigates DJ ( Wizard )
Eveeywhere Protects Tail
Tails watches Strike ( was visited by nobody )

Postby freezie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 am

ROLES

(Voldemort/dementor had some twinks to them...)

18 Iron Butterfly Dementor
10 Bleed Green Lord Voldemort
6 Pancakemix Bellatrix Lestrange
16 Dazza Stanley Shunpike
14 Leehar Severus Snape
11 Jonty Harry Potter
17 Alt Hermione Granger
1 Nebuchadnezer Ron weasley
8 Everywhere Madam Pomfrey
4 Strike Wolf Kingsley Shacklebolt
13 Mc030405 James Potter
7 TheHippo8 Filius Flitwick
2 Chapcrap McGonagall
12 Spartacus Tonks
3 Tails Lily Potter
5 Safariguys5 Molly Weasley
9 Spiesr Neville longbottom
15 Djfireside Ginny weasley

You are a Dementor ( Dementor )

You used to be one of the guardian of the famed and feared Azkaban prison, but has since been
set free by the Dark Lord Voldemort. Escaping his control, you now roam free for souls to feed on.

You are able to send me, each night, one players role name. If you guess right, you'll steal his soul,
killing them.

You are also ONE TIME bullet proof.

You win if you are the only one alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Lord Voldemort ( Deatheater Lord ) the greatest black mage in history.

You are also the leader of the Deatheaters, the evil black wizards, and is seeking destroy
Harry Potter. In 7 years, he has escaped your grasp by luck and outside help. This time,
you will not let him escape. Attacking the very school of Hogwarth, you intend to end this
here and now.

Each night, you and your fellow Deatheaters ( ) ( ) are able to communicate and send me the name
of one puny wizard you want to see dead. As a ruthless leader, you are not obliged to follow
your cultists oppinion, and you need to send me the name yourself.

As the Deatheater lord, you are able to send messages to other deatheaters at any moment,
they are however unable to answer back until nightime.

Also, each night, you can send me the name of a player who you THINK is Harry Potter.
If you guess right, Harry Potter will finally succomb to your might.

You win when you outnumber the wizards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Bellatrix Lestrange ( Deatheater Roleblocker )

Mastering the Cruciatus spell, you are able to pin down any wizard you want and force them to talk
or simply stay there in huge pain. You are a ruthless, heartless witch who doesn't take orders from anyone
but the Dark Lord himself.

Each night, you and your follow Deatheaters ( ) ( ) are able to communicate with each others
and send me the name of someone you want to see dead. Voldemort will have to send the kill.
He also have the power to send you messages at any moment in the day, you are however unable to
answer until nightime

You can also send me the name of the player you wan to roleblock.

You win when deatheater outnumber the wizards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Stanley Shunpike ( Deatheater Busdriver )

You are the conductor of the famed Knight bus, and generally on the good side...You have
been, however, under the imperius curse ever since and been doing work for the deatheaters.
Your master, Lord Voldemort, is about to wage war against Hogwarts, and you are instructed
to enter the fray yourself...

Each night, you and your follow Deatheaters ( ) ( ) are able to communicate with each others
and send me the name of someone you want to see dead. Voldemort will have to send the kill.
He also have the power to send you messages at any moment in the day, you are however unable to
answer until nightime.

Also, each night, you may send me the name of 2 players, and every night actions made against one
will be made against the other instead.

You win when deatheaters outnumber the wizards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Severus Snape ( Wizard Hunter )

You always had a fond for dark magic, soon recruited to the deatheaters in your youth,
you still were in love with Lily, who had no respect for such magic. Still, you kept thinking
you could have both, until Lily went out with James Potter. You know, somewhere, that he is
around, once more...Until then, you keep following Albus' wishes and fight against the dark lord.
However, your motive are still strictly selfish.

Your goal is to have James Potter ( ) lynched or killed before you or Lily dies. If lily
is killed before James, you become a simply wizard against the deatheaters.

You win when James Potter finds eternal peace OR when all threats against wizards
have been eliminated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Harry Potter ( Wizard Hero )

Designed The Chosen One by Lord voldermort at a young age, you have been fighting
dark forces since your very first year at Hogwarts. Aided by Hermione and Ron,
you managed to destroy all horcruxes, and you prepare to wage war against
Voldemort once and for all..

Each night, you are able to communicate with your friends ( ) ( ).

As the wizard hero, you are unlynchable by other wizards ( Meaning, if you are voted to be
lynched, and the hammer comes by a wizard player, you will not be lynched. ) This will
not work if you are hammered by Hermione or Ron.

Also, each night, you can PM me the name of a player you think is Lord Voldemort. If you guess
right, you will finally end his reign...

You win when all threats to wizards have been eliminated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Hermione Granger ( Wizard Mason )

One of the 2 most loyal friend of Harry Potter, you followed ( and helped..a lot) him on his
journey to seek and destroy the Horcruxes. Having finally reach your goal, you step on the last
part of the journey against the Dark Lord.

Each night, you are able to communicate with your friends ( ) ( )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Ron Weasley ( Wizard Mason )

One of the 2 most loyal friends of Harry Potter, you followed him on his quest to seek and
destroy the horcruxes. Your boiling temperament often led to small fights between you and
Harry, however, your strong friendship always brough peace between you both.

Each Night, you are able to communicate with your friends ( ) ( )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Madam Pomfrey ( Wizard Doctor )

Long lasting nurse of the Hogwarts school, you fear the very outcome of the final battle
against the Dark Lord, however, you are no coward and will fight if needed...But mostly
heal the many wounded that are to come..

Each night, you are able to send me the name of the player you want protected
from death on that night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Kingsley Shacklebolt ( Wizard auror )

You were always one of the most effective in the Auror department at the Minister for
Magic, and also a member of the Order of the pheonix. It is no wonder that Dumbledore
trusted you. Hearing the nearing war at Hogwarts, you rush bravely into the fight against
Voldemort himself.

Each night, you can send me the name of a player to investigate, just like a cop would.
Your result will come with a guilty/innocent status, and the name of that player..

Also, as an auror, you are impervious to the Imperius curse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are James Potter ( Wizard Doublevoter )

Father of the most popular Harry Potter, you died to the hands of Voldemort after your friend
Peter betrayed you and Lily. Shadowy events brought you back to the living world, somehow,
and right in the middle of the fight against your very own killer. This time, however, you are
prepared...

As a double voter, you can pm me at any time to place a second vote on someone, without
anyone knowing it was you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Professor Filius Flitwick ( Wizard Roleblocker )

You are the Charms professor at the Hogwarts school, aswell as the head of the Ravenclaw
house. Your very last major feat has been to set a huge barrier over Hogwart, in preparation
of the upcoming fight..You are however not out of ressources.

As a roleblocker, you can pm me each night with the name of someone you want his role
blocked for the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Professor Minerva McGonagall ( Wizard Headmistress )

Meow. You are the head of the Gryffindor house aswell as the new head of the Howarts
school since Snape's sudden escape. A versatile wizard, you ecxel in Transfiguration
magic, yourself beeing a cat Animagus. Will your power help Harry in his head fight
with the Dark lord, we will see...

As the headmistress of the school, you have several punishing spells for rebels wizards.
You can either, at nightime:

-Roleblock somebody
-Investigate somebody
-Protect somebody
-Track somebody, allowing you to know if that player visited someone, and who.

All of theses are 1 uses. Just pm me the name of the player, and what action you will do
if you so choose to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Nymphadora Tonks ( Wizard Commuter )

Wife of the werewolf Remus Lupin, you were born with the ability to change your apearance
at will. You are the cousin of the annoying kid Drago Malfoy, and nephew of Bellatrix Lestrange.
However, you entered the Aurors department and will not hold back on your aunt or any
other deatheaters.

As a commuter ( and animorphagus ) you can change your appearance and escape any
possible night actions sent towards you. You however cannot commute on 2 nights
in a row. Just send me a pm saying if you choose to commute on that night or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Lily Potter ( Wizard Watcher )

Mother of the Chosen One, Harry Potter, and wife of James Potter, you have been betrayed
by Pewter when your son was barely 1 year old. Sielding him with your own life, you granted
Harry a powerful protection against Voldemort, which has however faded today. You, however,
have been brought back by mysterious events to shield your son once again against your
murderer.

Each night, you may pm me the name of a player. If that player is visited by anybody on that night,
mystic powers shall tell you the name(s) of that(these) person(s).

You win when all threats against wizards have been eliminated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Molly Weasley ( Wizard Bodyguard )

Wife of Arthur Weasley, and mother of numerous childs, you are a kind person who, even
if you're not rich, will do whatever is needed to help out your surrounding. Member of the
Order of the pheonix, you press on to Hogwarts, where the terrible Lord Voldermort
is about to initiate an attack on the school, where your daughter Ginny is.

Each night, you may send me a message with the name of a person you want to protect.
If that person has been sucessfully protected that night, you die instead of that person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are Neville Longbottom ( Wizard Fumbler )

Son of 2 great arurors tortured by Belatrix Lestrange and a good friend of Harry Potter, you
possess great courage and march head on to the front of the battle about to rage against Hogwarts.

You have no special night actions. However.......

You are Ginny Weasley ( Wizard Future Auror )

Daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley, and Harry Potter's girlfriend, you fear for his very life when
Lord Voldemort announces his intention to destroy Hogwarts brick by brick to seek him.
Even though your mother won't let you fight, you leaves your safety haven and prepares to fight
to save your loved one.

You have no special night actions for now. As an auror in Devenir, you might be promoted.
If that ever happen, you shall be told.

Postby SPARTACUS1974 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:08 am

ok i know i lied about my role when i took over from leehar but at l1 i had to make up a role that town would keep me alive for 1 or 2 nights so i could try to frame mc05. when i gave my fake night action result it nearly worked mc was at l2 lol but then when you turned on me i had to save him thats why i dropped the hints about lilly .

thanks for the game i really enjoyed this .
Sergeant SPARTACUS1974

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Congrats town.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby mc05025 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:49 pm

nice game! thanks freezie
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Hooray!
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby Djfireside on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 am

Just because I was curious the whole game, Was there acutally a possibility of me getting a NA and how :)
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby freezie on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 am

Djfireside wrote:Just because I was curious the whole game, Was there acutally a possibility of me getting a NA and how :)

You were a deputy. I really thought mafia had OP powers XD........ :evil:

Re: HP: fight for freedom. Game over. Wizards won.

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Nice win guys. Man, that green PM shade really screwed me, but at least I managed to protect someone instead of dying by lynch.
Captain safariguy5

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives