Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Starting Games, Limiting Joiner's Score

Postby pitrules88 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 am

yes i know, because I play on many chess sites :)

It's called "seeking" a game with a rating limitation. I would like to see it implented on CC.
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:03 am

I am definitely for this. There are some people out there who dislike getting inbox messages on some list, and often, I'll get those invites and not have any interest in the game type, it would be great if you could set up games like this so that you could limit who joins but only to a certain degree, maybe you have to allow for 250 points both way of your score at minimum and then you can raise and lower the margin by 50?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Pretty sure this has been suggested and rejected many times before. It's a great idea, and I would be all for it.

But I think CC admin is adamantly against anything like this ever happening on CC, so good luck with it.
Major tkr4lf

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

tkr4lf wrote:Pretty sure this has been suggested and rejected many times before. It's a great idea, and I would be all for it.

But I think CC admin is adamantly against anything like this ever happening on CC, so good luck with it.

This.

It promotes rank segregation, which CC does not want to see. Personally, I would be in favor of it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ThrushAAX on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Isn't this what the callouts forum is for? Create a bunch of password protected games with the common ranks password and post in the ranks thread.

Personally I would like an option like this too. But the forum has worked well enough for me.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 pm

ThrushAAX wrote:Isn't this what the callouts forum is for? Create a bunch of password protected games with the common ranks password and post in the ranks thread.

Personally I would like an option like this too. But the forum has worked well enough for me.

To that, I would say that not everyone who plays enters the forum area. The vast majority never enter the forums.
Lieutenant chapcrap

ranking blocker

Postby georgizhukov on Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 pm

[We need a way to only allow players of a certain ranking to join your public game if you choose

Concise description:
[list]
Im tired of playing 8 man games with cooks and stripes only to have them suicide on someone or throw the game away after hours of playing. CC needs a option to create a minimum point level to join your public game if you choose. This will allow people to play with good competition instead of a wide mix of players if they choose. Losing 100 points in a 1v1 freestyle because you somehow lost to a guy with 300 points is ridiculous.

Specifics/Details:
[list]
Whether the system be to chose a number and anyone within that number of your ranking in either direction can join or a system of not allowing someone who is more than 1000 points less than you to join your game.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
[list]
Better competition
Less Deadbeats
Less Fighting
Colonel georgizhukov

Re: ranking blocker

Postby maxfaraday on Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 pm

I was understand this was suggested before and always discarded.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby agentcom on Wed May 23, 2012 2:26 pm

this has been suggested before, but I'm not sure that it's been moved to Rejected. There's been quite a bit of conversation about it. I think that it's received a large amount of support relative to people saying that they don't like it. I would be very surprised if it had been moved to Rejected rather than being somewhere in Suggestions or Submitted Suggestions (as usual, I'll leave the actual hunting for it to someone else)
Colonel agentcom

Postby georgizhukov on Fri May 25, 2012 9:04 am

I don't understand the harm of it. Maybe someone can explain. Most multiplayer online games use some system to ensure equal competition.
Colonel georgizhukov

Postby agentcom on Fri May 25, 2012 9:47 am

I don't see the harm in it either. In fact, I believe it received support from those that commented on it in the past. I'm sure it's around here somewhere. I'd suggest going and looking for it. Or maybe someone else will be nice enough to.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 25, 2012 9:58 am

if you want to block certain ranks from playing in the same game as you, create private games.

public games are for the public to join.

you have the ability to choose who joins your games, stop whining you made a public game but didn't like the public that showed up.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby vodean on Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 am

i support it, but think that you cannot have that without the inverse. No bigshot hats should be allowed to join our stripes games if we dont want them to.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Pirlo on Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Inb4 Lack doesn't want segregation!
Captain Pirlo

Player Rank/Score Filter Option in Game Finder

Postby Shadow Assassin on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Concise description:
  • In the Game Finder utility, there should be an option that allows players searching for games to filter off games based on the ranks or score of the players currently waiting.

Specifics/Details:
  • This should be done with drop-down options for searching games, like "Players ranked lower than" and "Players ranked higher than".
  • Alternatively, there could be a fill-in field where people indicate options like "Players scoring lower than" and "players scoring higher than".

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Because of the way point loss is calculated, players may not wish to compete against players ranked much lower than they are. As well, people may not want to play against high-ranked players due to their perceived pwnage.
  • This option gives people searching for games more options, and is easier than sorting through numerous pages of games based on rank or score.
Major Shadow Assassin

Re: Player Rank/Score Filter Option in Game Finder

Postby Shadow Assassin on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:55 pm

has this already been suggested or something? im not really getting any responses....
Major Shadow Assassin

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Shadow Assassin wrote:has this already been suggested or something? im not really getting any responses....

Many times. Unfortunately, there are always some weak-ass excuses that don't hold water about why this would be bad for the site, and then the suggestion is closed.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby darth emperor on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Shadow Assassin wrote:has this already been suggested or something? im not really getting any responses....

Many times. Unfortunately, there are always some weak-ass excuses that don't hold water about why this would be bad for the site, and then the suggestion is closed.

No, what he is proposing is another thing, because it only searches... in point of fact, there was an addon that had that option. That add-on also had the option to filter games based, on how many more players needed a game to start
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 pm

darth emperor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

No, what he is proposing is another thing, because it only searches... in point of fact, there was an addon that had that option. That add-on also had the option to filter games based, on how many more players needed a game to start

Ah, I see what you're saying. I didn't read it closely enough. Good call.

Although I have to wonder that if this were to be implemented, wouldn't they essentially be admitting that the suggestions for such limits when creating games should also be acceptable? I mean, it would seem that the one would naturally and unavoidably point to the other.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby darth emperor on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Woodruff wrote:
darth emperor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying. I didn't read it closely enough. Good call.

Although I have to wonder that if this were to be implemented, wouldn't they essentially be admitting that the suggestions for such limits when creating games should also be acceptable? I mean, it would seem that the one would naturally and unavoidably point to the other.

I get your point, but not, getting this implemented it doesn't make acceptable creating limits in the games.
Because with your idea, you're blocking the game, while this idea, as you are not the one who created the game you are looking for it, and if you don't hurry, ANYONE can join.
Is like when you have few games with the same settings, when this happens people will choice the game based in one (or both) of these two factors:
A- Who are the players waiting aka, wich are their ratings (well there's the possibilty based on medals or crossmap, but rank is faster and we are lazy to check always) some will look high others will look for the low ones
B- How many players needs the game to start

It will make faster, instead to scroll 100 (practically equal) games and the chosing won't change much based on what do players when they join open games
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Don't misunderstand. I like the idea, and I support it heartily. But I fear for the reasons why I don't believe it will be accepted.

And I like that you're explaining the differences, as maybe that will keep it from happening (the rejection, that is).

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Woodruff wrote:Don't misunderstand. I like the idea, and I support it heartily. But I fear for the reasons why I don't believe it will be accepted.

And I like that you're explaining the differences, as maybe that will keep it from happening (the rejection, that is).

Hmmmm, I'm going to leave this out here. I feel it won't be as harsh as a rank segregation if you started a game with limits on rank.

Plus I think it would be hard to find a very wide range of games with no players with "score below x or above y". (I can already feel someone is going to say that made no sense :evil: BUT IT MADE SENSE IN MY HEAD!)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:42 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Don't misunderstand. I like the idea, and I support it heartily. But I fear for the reasons why I don't believe it will be accepted.

Hmmmm, I'm going to leave this out here. I feel it won't be as harsh as a rank segregation if you started a game with limits on rank.

Plus I think it would be hard to find a very wide range of games with no players with "score below x or above y". (I can already feel someone is going to say that made no sense :evil: BUT IT MADE SENSE IN MY HEAD!)

I tend to agree with you. (And it did make sense.)

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:04 am

I like to see game finder options enriched too, for example no way i have got a way to find women dressed in red panties to play games with using game finder.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:29 am

Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions