Conquer Club

recognize that medal hunters foeing u. defeats to be abuse

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

recognize that medal hunters foeing u. defeats to be abuse

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:17 am

Concise description:Recognize it that medal hunting should not set a reason for foeing a certain player. It is not any comfortable to see ppl who are on medal hunt foeing ppl against whom they have got unique defeats. This site and concuerclub games should not prevent a certain player to join in a game just because of the game creator has unique defeat on him/her.

Specifics/Details:
  • disable or take neccesary action when encountered a player using the option foe for and on medal hunt purposes. Foeing system is not encouraged on this way of use, thus i believe it is an abuse use of the foe option.
  • Since we have got many many players around, and since all ppl are different, in this extend all ppl have different tastes and alikes, game preferences, in game finder section a specific game has a certain number of customers, i mean players who will like to join in that certain type of game. Depitch a player, who is on hunt for a medal, opens many of one certain style games, and in time his foe lists grows up hugely...This mechanism, foeing ppl due to unique defeat achieved, then turns this site and gaming exprience into a toruble for the other guys who are already taken over unique defeats. Not officially but practially it turns out to be a restriction for those ppl preventing them not being able to join in such style games, in return very very disattactiveness for some portion of ppl.
  • This way of bad/abusive use of foe option, also looks similar to the farming case IMO...The difference is in the farming it is points and lack of exprience of new recruits are farmed, in this case it is medals are farmed

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

• I like this way of foeing should be recognized to be an abusive use of foe option and should be recognized to be an abuse by CA room and responsibles.
  • I dont feel like a player can any chance to have a right to foe another one setting the reason of unique defeat over the foed one achieved, thus preventing the one over whom unique defeat achieved join in hunter's games, games huge in number in waiting games lists and picking most of the same setting lovers inside thus making it REAL TOUGH for foed one to join in the same setting games.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Re: recognize that medal hunters foeing u. defeats to be abu

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:20 am

if you don't want to be foed, don't lose.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 pm

People can foe for any reason. I just point and laugh that they still don't have the gold medal. (I'm looking at you Master Fenrir)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jefjef on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:21 pm

I have never foed anyone because of medal hunting. So yes I say - lets make this kind of negative activity a major infraction.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby squishyg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I agree that the foe option is both overused and misused.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby agentcom on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

I don't really care how people use the foe option. And I don't really want mods having to figure out why people are foeing other people. Do you really want to play games with people who have you foed? There are thousands of players and several times that more games on this site.
Colonel agentcom

Postby HardAttack on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 am

agentcom wrote:I don't really care how people use the foe option. And I don't really want mods having to figure out why people are foeing other people. Do you really want to play games with people who have you foed? There are thousands of players and several times that more games on this site.

The answer is simple my friend,
Assume that you are an assassin game type lover. Assume that there is another fellow, trying to get to assassin gold via creating massive number of games in assassin setting. Ppl who dont create but join in games, in the case they will like to join in some assassin games, they will find a place quick in the medal hunter's many games, and since medal hunter foed you, you will not be able to take ur seat in those games.
If you try to make your own assasin games, then you will not find enough numbers of players to fill games or your games gonna get filled in ages since there are many other assasin games created by the fellow who foed you.

This is the abusive side of the matter, on the other hand just like you, i dont care who foes me too. But here, the abuse is irrelevant with you care or you dont care anyone if s/he foes you or not, but the core point here the one who foes you for medal hunt simply cuts your gaming pleasure down in an indirected way.

Feel free to ask me for more detail if this above points i made didnt come enough.

Cheers
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:34 am

feel free to create the games you want to play.

as that other player continues to foe his pool of players becomes smaller and his games fill slower.

as that other player continues to foe the pool of players looking for a game they are not foed in will grow and your games will fill quicker.

it is a win/win for you.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 am

greenoaks wrote:feel free to create the games you want to play.

as that other player continues to foe his pool of players becomes smaller and his games fill slower.

as that other player continues to foe the pool of players looking for a game they are not foed in will grow and your games will fill quicker.

it is a win/win for you.

+1
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:46 am

Sorry but I agree with chap and green here. There is no abuse here.
If players join every game of yours waiting, it becomes difficult to get medals. While I don't foe to hunt medals I understand the difficulty and 100% support players using this feature to accomplish it. Once they have the medal they generally unfoe, so all those games you couldn't join suddenly become available.

The less the admin / hunters have to "police" the site and let the players work it out, the better. If your on someones foe list, message them. Maybe they'll take you off.

If this gets implemented its easy to get around. Instead of reason for for medal hunting, I'll for guy A cuz he never talks guy B for talking to much guy C for typing with spelling errors.....well, you get the idea. It's an easy get around.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 am

Regulating the foe list is a slippery slope. I shouldn't have to defend my reasoning for adding someone to my personal foe list. I'm strongly opposed to this idea.

Of all suggestions, why did this one make the twitter feed?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Catarah on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:I shouldn't have to defend my reasoning for adding someone to my personal foe list.

this, really.

with this rule it'll quickly become impossible to say, because the medal hunters still doing it will make up fake reasons, and it'll quickly become impossible to tell if someone is just foe-happy, or someone is medal-hunting, leading to drama and more drama. on the other hand, the foe-ing is temporarily, and if you create the same games as the guy who is medal hunting, your games will obviously fill up quicker as all the foed people will come to your game.
Captain Catarah

Postby Demonic on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm

I feel that foeing people is based on anger; not strategy. There are rare circumstances where it may be required, but for the most part it is abused by angry little boys
Corporal 1st Class Demonic

Postby Demonic on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:03 pm

We should also hide rank for fair play...

If a low rank player is playing 2 or more stronger players in a game the bigger guys will eliminate the weaker guy first, every time. It is an unspoken rule
Corporal 1st Class Demonic

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Demonic wrote:I feel that foeing people is based on anger; not strategy. There are rare circumstances where it may be required, but for the most part it is abused by angry little boys

Who cares? Would you rather play with angry little boys?

I foe people because they made stupid plays in a game, or because they annoy me. Others are trying to beat as many unique players as possible for medals. In any case, we use the foe list because we don't want to play against those people again. Why should anyone be forced to play against someone they don't want to play, when the option exists to create your own games?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby The Voice on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:52 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:Regulating the foe list is a slippery slope. I shouldn't have to defend my reasoning for adding someone to my personal foe list. I'm strongly opposed to this idea.

Of all suggestions, why did this one make the twitter feed?

I routinely browse this forum because I believe it doesn't get nearly as much love as it should. However, many suggestions are duplicates or versions of previous suggestions. This one stood out to me in its uniqueness. While I've not formed an opinion on the matter one way or the other, I feel it's worthy of a discussion.
Major The Voice

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

OK, so what's the issue here? Player A has Players B-ZZ foed, and is opening up a ton of games on all the same settings, so other games aren't filling up because all the non-foed players are joining Player A's games and none of the other players' games are filling? I could see how that would be annoying. I wouldn't say it's abuse, but if it reduces the enjoyment of a significant number of players, that isn't cool. How many games are we talking here?
Colonel macbone

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:37 pm

HardAttack wrote:
agentcom wrote:I don't really care how people use the foe option. And I don't really want mods having to figure out why people are foeing other people. Do you really want to play games with people who have you foed? There are thousands of players and several times that more games on this site.

The answer is simple my friend,
Assume that you are an assassin game type lover. Assume that there is another fellow, trying to get to assassin gold via creating massive number of games in assassin setting. Ppl who dont create but join in games, in the case they will like to join in some assassin games, they will find a place quick in the medal hunter's many games, and since medal hunter foed you, you will not be able to take ur seat in those games.
If you try to make your own assasin games, then you will not find enough numbers of players to fill games or your games gonna get filled in ages since there are many other assasin games created by the fellow who foed you.

This is the abusive side of the matter, on the other hand just like you, i dont care who foes me too. But here, the abuse is irrelevant with you care or you dont care anyone if s/he foes you or not, but the core point here the one who foes you for medal hunt simply cuts your gaming pleasure down in an indirected way.

Feel free to ask me for more detail if this above points i made didnt come enough.

Cheers

I've never thought of it this way. It started to make me think maybe I was incorrect about something <gasp!> Fortunately, greenoaks was there with the answer demonstrating that I was right all along :D

greenoaks wrote:feel free to create the games you want to play.

it is a win/win for you.

Kidding aside, I think both raise good points. HA, I think that you should consider greenoaks opinion as a sort of silver lining to getting foed by these folks. They're probably waiting for about as long as you are to get their games filled. And now they are drawing from an ever shrinking pool of applicants.

I still believe that foeing should be an entirely personal decision and that there should be no (zero, zip, none) oversight on how foeing is used.
Colonel agentcom

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:28 am

I'm sorry, but this would be near impossible to police, as the player in question would simply just give another reason to the foeing. The foe list is there for using as you wish. Should we punish users for foeing cooks, just because they are cooks?

Rejected.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Archived Suggestions