Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Player Rank/Score Filter Option in Game Finder

Postby agentcom on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 pm

While I am also generally in favor of the option to create games with point restrictions, I agree with the OP and apparently TFO that this is quite a bit different. This just appears to save users time in doing something that they are allowed to do anyway.

darth emperor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Shadow Assassin wrote:has this already been suggested or something? im not really getting any responses....

Many times. Unfortunately, there are always some weak-ass excuses that don't hold water about why this would be bad for the site, and then the suggestion is closed.

No, what he is proposing is another thing, because it only searches... in point of fact, there was an addon that had that option. That add-on also had the option to filter games based, on how many more players needed a game to start

Never heard of that add-on. What is/was it? You use "was." Is it gone?
Colonel agentcom

Postby darth emperor on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:02 am

agentcom wrote:Never heard of that add-on. What is/was it? You use "was." Is it gone?

It was gone long long ago, (2009) you can still use it, but after long time, is a very bad performance for the maps and the code and few things more
link

chipv wrote:Reposting

DECOMMISIONED

I'm not getting support from the Foundry to keep on top of this so I won't be making any further updates.

It will still be available for use but won't reflect any new maps.

Now locking this thread.

It seems that they didn't like the idea... :roll: altough I liked it (but knew of it very late)
Last edited by darth emperor on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:22 am

its search option, and you can not segregate low -high ranks.
So this could be implemented, in some time period, maybe for 3-4 years?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:00 pm

qwert wrote:its search option, and you can not segregate low -high ranks.

3-4 years - what's your rush?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:
qwert wrote:its search option, and you can not segregate low -high ranks.

3-4 years - what's your rush?

silly me #-o
Sometime im dont have patiente to waith 5-6 years,and demand that thing go faster :-$
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Make games require minimum or maximum points/rank [REJEC

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 am

Topics MERGED

There will be much more to come ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 am

agentcom wrote:Topics MERGED

There will be much more to come ...

Um...I'm confused. Why was this merged out of the blue? The last post-date tells me It's a rather old thread.

Is this just a tease, because this really should be implemented in some fashion.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 am

I am in the process of stickying a couple of threads that are the more common rejected suggestions. I wanted to find the oldest one that I could find, and sure enough, there was a version of this suggestion from way back in 2006. I doubt I'll work all the way back from there, but I will be putting some of the more recent ones in here.

Personally, I'm not against the idea of this suggestion in some form. But as it stands now, it appears that there's no chance of it being implemented after 6 years of being rejected.
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Several suggestions MERGED and the introductory post has been added to significantly.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Can we get it out of the REJECTED area then, please?

Postby agentcom on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:Can we get it out of the REJECTED area then, please?

Please read the introductory post.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 am

agentcom wrote:

I have. So there is no chance, based on the mass of C&A cases that this would actually relieve, for this to be accepted as a suggestion in some form? The idea that it will create rank segregation or somehow leave people with few too games or opponents to choose from (if done properly) has been thoroughly debunked.

This would be a tremendous boon to the C&A mods.

Postby agentcom on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:
agentcom wrote:

I have. So there is no chance, based on the mass of C&A cases that this would actually relieve, for this to be accepted as a suggestion in some form? The idea that it will create rank segregation or somehow leave people with few too games or opponents to choose from (if done properly) has been thoroughly debunked.

This would be a tremendous boon to the C&A mods.

It is my understanding that lack has been against this idea from the start. You can see (in the edited OP) that he was against it 6 years ago, and I have no reason to believe that he has changed his mind. I believe that while I was merging these that I read through all 39 pages of this topic. I do not recall the "idea that it will create rank segregation or somehow leave people with too few games" being "thoroughly debunked." I'm not really sure how it could be debunked ... I'm not sure how you would even test that. I recognize that the proposition can't be proven either, but I don't think you can call it debunked.

As far as C&A cases go, the only ones that I see this helping are the ones where someone says "I can't control who joins my games." That's not an insignificant amount of cases, but the high profile farming cases of late have not been about this. Also, what if someone sets up games that only allow cooks through cadets to join? You'd have a whole new type of C&A case. If you implement the suggestion, so that can't be done, then you have to figure out where to draw the line. What if a high ranking officer sets up games with complicated settings, but only opens them for the levels right below officer? Would that be considered abuse?

The basic suggestion suffers from potential for abuse and potential for rank segregation. More complicated versions suffer from their own complexity and the potential for unintended consequences and new forms of abuse.

This suggestion is in rejected because in 6 years there is no indication that the owner of the website wants to do this, but also because his underlying concerns arguably have some validity. Unless there is some sort of sea change, that's where it's going to stay.

Personally, I've come out in favor of this idea. I don't really care too much about it (as in there are numerous other things I'd rather see coded in). But I understand the counterarguments, and I understand that the powers that be don't want this. As a moderator I'm basically just filing this in its appropriate place. So unless I'm told to do otherwise, this is where it will stay.
Colonel agentcom

Games with minimum score players

Postby CaptainMoo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Concise description:
    Games with minimum score players

Specifics/Details:
    Forums exist, made by members to allow players with scores of 1800+ 2000+ 2500+ etc to create games amongst similar ranked players so CC should take note of this and provide the option which is clearly wanted by the players

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • I dont think this will be exclusion but will benefit the site. Players can play similar skilled players and progress to the next "tier" if good enough. Its quite frustrating when you do start to climb up the ranks, make a game and loads of lower ranked players join, especially when they just give up, suicide into a particular player, ruin the game for all. With this option implemented it will allow players to play similar levels easier and improve the whole experience. also as it will be an option players can still have a fully open match if they wish and are not points foucsed, just enjoy the game. I think this is a no brainer and is clearly something a lot of users want hence the popular forums for it. With it made as an opyion too it prevents abuse as well and keeps the CC community happier all round
http://www.moo-directory.com
Is your website listed yet?
Free, Reciprocal and Strong One Way Links.
Part of the http://www.cozy-digital.co.uk Group
Sergeant CaptainMoo

Re: Games with minimum score players

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Congratulations. You're the first person to have ever thought of this!

Oh wait ...

MERGED and REJECTED
Colonel agentcom

Postby CaptainMoo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:13 pm

sorry did search, must have missed it

though - " What if a high ranking officer sets up games with complicated settings, but only opens them for the levels right below officer? Would that be considered abuse? "

This is not what i suggested. I was suggsting that if i have a rank of say 1800 then because i have attained that level then i can make a 1800 + only game. thus eliminating the possible abuse / farming above...My point was i dont want low levels joining my games as quite often their stupid play ruins it for the rest and this is why the their is a forum area dedicated to these type s of organised games.......also the objection quoted there already exists as thats what lots of top ranked players prey on
http://www.moo-directory.com
Is your website listed yet?
Free, Reciprocal and Strong One Way Links.
Part of the http://www.cozy-digital.co.uk Group
Sergeant CaptainMoo

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:24 pm

CaptainMoo wrote:sorry did search, must have missed it

though - " What if a high ranking officer sets up games with complicated settings, but only opens them for the levels right below officer? Would that be considered abuse? "

This is not what i suggested. I was suggsting that if i have a rank of say 1800 then because i have attained that level then i can make a 1800 + only game. thus eliminating the possible abuse / farming above...My point was i dont want low levels joining my games as quite often their stupid play ruins it for the rest and this is why the their is a forum area dedicated to these type s of organised games.......also the objection quoted there already exists as thats what lots of top ranked players prey on

That is one sentence of a 39 page topic. Officer only, Officer mess, enlisted only, etc. game options are also lumped in here along with the ones that are based on points like 1800+. Ranks are based on points, so it's just another way of saying the same thing.
Colonel agentcom

Postby donkeymile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 pm

It's ridiculous that this suggestion isn't being taken seriously - and where's Lack with a reason why this wouldn't benefit the site?

That's all I have - just shaking my head at this.
Captain donkeymile

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:38 pm

donkeymile wrote:It's ridiculous that this suggestion isn't being taken seriously - and where's Lack with a reason why this wouldn't benefit the site?

That's all I have - just shaking my head at this.

You wouldn't have an excuse if you were caught farming...

But, you know, suggestions forum is becoming like the foundry before the strike
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Foe ALL below 500 Points

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Hello everybody, its me again.

Now here is my Suggestion, and i m serious on that one.

Is there a way that i can foe all below 500 with one button click?
Tried to do this manual, but i gave up at Player Nr.: 13567 and the batterys of my mouse are empty.

I seriously think that players who are below 500 should play among themselves ( or with themselves ).

And certainly somebody below 500 will be somebody's Bit* ch to destroy a game, and beeing a bad sport in many other ways.

And get rid of players who havent logged in for the last 5 Years, they might be dead by now and definitely not looking for a Premium.

bye for now

AslanTheKing
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Re: Foe ALL below 500 Points

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:And certainly somebody below 500 will be somebody's Bit* ch to destroy a game, and beeing a bad sport in many other ways.

How can you say that? I feel like this is discriminatory. I am sure there are some people that are below 500 and are pleasant to play with.

AslanTheKing wrote:And get rid of players who havent logged in for the last 5 Years, they might be dead by now and definitely not looking for a Premium.

People die after 5 years???? :shock: The reason for never deleting accounts is because of the multi-rule. If they come back after 5-10 years, they cannot make a brand new account. They must play the old one they created.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:And certainly somebody below 500 will be somebody's Bit* ch to destroy a game, and beeing a bad sport in many other ways.

How can you say that? I feel like this is discriminatory. I am sure there are some people that are below 500 and are pleasant to play with.

AslanTheKing wrote:And get rid of players who havent logged in for the last 5 Years, they might be dead by now and definitely not looking for a Premium.

People die after 5 years???? :shock: The reason for never deleting accounts is because of the multi-rule. If they come back after 5-10 years, they cannot make a brand new account. They must play the old one they created.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:

After 5 Years i have changed my Internetprovider about 5 times, ever thought about that?

New Internet is a new Eye P Adress, u didnt know that?
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Besides u can have an account at work, at your girlfriend, at your second girlfriend, at your third girlfriend, at your 4th girlfriend, at your 5th girlfriend
at your girlfriend, at your second girlfriend, at your third girlfriend, at your 4th girlfriend, at your 5th girlfriend
at your girlfriend, at your second girlfriend, at your third girlfriend, at your 4th girlfriend, at your 155th girlfriend
and then u ran out of money ;)
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 pm

and u can hack into your neighbors hotlan, if u live in new york, thats 200 neighbors? wow
that means if u play 24 hour games- plenty time to be Mr. A, Mr. B, Mr. C....
ups i shouldnt have told u that, can't delete this post anymore, too late
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions