Conquer Club

CLASSIC CITIES: Moscow [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CLASSIC CITIES: Moscow [4.6.12] V6-P3

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Version 7.

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: CLASSIC CITIES: Moscow [16.6.12] V7-P4

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Ok, I reran the bonus spreadsheets and a couple of potential issues

The +2 in the 2 region bonus in the SW corner...adding that impassable between Gagarinsky and Ochakovo put the suggested decimal bonus down to 1.5, so 2 is a too high. So, I think you need to either remove that impassable (which messes with the whole 4 corner thing you have going on), or add an extra connection, maybe from Khamovniki to Gagarinsky. Also, if you look, Gagarinski is only attackable from one region, Akademichskiy, which starts as a neutral. That takes that territory out of play from the very beginning.

Additionally, the +2 for the 4 region bonus is also too high as the spreadsheet indicates this should be 1.75. Adding a bridge between Khoroshevo Mnevniki to FIlevskiy Park (which would allow you to make that +3 a +4, since it's 5 regions).

The only other issue I see is that both Khamovniki and Presnensoe border a ton of regions, and both start neutral. I think perhaps inversing the alternation of the neutrals across the inner/outer rings would be very beneficial (except for Zhamoskvorechye and Z.I.).

What do you think cairns?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby tokle on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Looks interesting, but I have a request;
The title; could you write it out properly, in Cyrillic?
Since it's already in Russian, and sort of semi-cyrillic letters, it wouldn't take much to it properly.
To those of us who understand it, it just looks horrible like that.
And to those of us who don't understand it, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway, would it?

I understand the faux-cyrillic you are doing at the bottom, though, but not in the title line.
Major tokle

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:20 pm

tokle wrote:Looks interesting, but I have a request;
Since it's already in Russian, and sort of semi-cyrillic letters, it wouldn't take much to it properly.
And to those of us who don't understand it, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway, would it?

I understand the faux-cyrillic you are doing at the bottom, though, but not in the title line.

You want this...tokle?
москва-Сити
Private cairnswk

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Also, cairns, can you post in the thread or PM me what the continent names should be for the XML? As is, I have no idea, lol.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:Also, cairns, can you post in the thread or PM me what the continent names should be for the XML? As is, I have no idea, lol.

Sure, but when the gameplay is sorted out, as we are still sorting continents and impassables. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby tokle on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:03 pm

cairnswk wrote:

You want this...tokle?
москва-Сити

thanks for taking me seriously.
Major tokle

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:Also, cairns, can you post in the thread or PM me what the continent names should be for the XML? As is, I have no idea, lol.

Sure, but when the gameplay is sorted out, as we are still sorting continents and impassables. :)

Cool, thanks.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:32 pm

tokle wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

You want this...tokle?
москва-Сити

Sorry, but your answer tells me nothing...i cannot read yes or no from that.
If no, please put up what you want.
Private cairnswk

Postby tokle on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:11 pm

cairnswk wrote:
tokle wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

You want this...tokle?
москва-Сити

How about just Mосква?
Major tokle

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 pm

tokle wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
tokle wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

You want this...tokle?
москва-Сити

How about just Mосква?

Deal !
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Those are now on the front page nolefan5311 :)
Private cairnswk

Re: CLASSIC CITIES: Moscow [4.6.12] V6-P3

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Just thought I would pop in and see. Here is a short list for you to look at but I am sure you already know these.
This is the area that I thought was great and needed copying all around.

Yes, and i had already changed that in the Outer Khamovniki territory and asked for feedback a couple of posts back.

Still waiting for a reply from koontz1973 on this one :!
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:31 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:Ok, I reran the bonus spreadsheets and a couple of potential issues

The +2 in the 2 region bonus in the SW corner...adding that impassable between Gagarinsky and Ochakovo put the suggested decimal bonus down to 1.5, so 2 is a too high. So, I think you need to either remove that impassable (which messes with the whole 4 corner thing you have going on), or add an extra connection, maybe from Khamovniki to Gagarinsky. Also, if you look, Gagarinski is only attackable from one region, Akademichskiy, which starts as a neutral. That takes that territory out of play from the very beginning.

tbh...i wouldn't want to try to hold that territory without Akademicheskiy being a +2 since there are 3 borders on it's eastern boundary...even if the inner and outer neutrals are swapped. Having an impassable on its western back adds strength to it.
Since it's also the only 2 tert region on the outer-outer rim, it needs some strength to remain worthy of someone fighting over it.
Additionally, the +2 for the 4 region bonus is also too high as the spreadsheet indicates this should be 1.75. Adding a bridge between Khoroshevo Mnevniki to FIlevskiy Park (which would allow you to make that +3 a +4, since it's 5 regions).

Is not 1.75 close enough to 2 ?
As for turqouise, there are only three borders vacing assault, so i think that is fine with two of those assaulting territories being neutrals at start.

The only other issue I see is that both Khamovniki and Presnensoe border a ton of regions, and both start neutral. I think perhaps inversing the alternation of the neutrals across the inner/outer rings would be very beneficial (except for Zhamoskvorechye and Z.I.).

What do you think cairns?

Done.
Private cairnswk

Re: CLASSIC CITIES: Moscow [23.6.12] V8-P5

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Version 8
1. title change to Mockba
2. Inner and outer neutrals swapped.

Private cairnswk

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 am

I notice that title Moskva is still not written right.

your "M" does not exist. and your "V" is russian "b".

try this: MockBa

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:44 am

Oneyed wrote:I notice that title Moskva is still not written right.

your "M" does not exist. and your "V" is russian "b".

try this: MockBa

Oneyed

Oneyed...thanks for popping in...
it is actually written as Mockba but in the Kremlin Courier II Bold font. There is an M and a b.
The title has been changed from Moskva to Mockba.
Private cairnswk

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:43 am

cairnswk wrote:it is actually written as Mockba but in the Kremlin Courier II Bold font. There is an M and a b.

just now I am looking at all Kremlin Courier II Bold and I must say it is far of Cyrilic.
cairnswk wrote:The title has been changed from Moskva to Mockba.

Cyrilic has another order as Kremlin, so you have written Moskda. in Cyrilic is order:
A, B, V, G, D... Kremlin has order A, B, C, D, E...

I will not "popping" you more if you say me that you do not care about Cyrilic and you want to write Moskva your way ;)
(but then you can write it in Chinese and say it is Cyrilic)...

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 am

Oneyed wrote:
cairnswk wrote:it is actually written as Mockba but in the Kremlin Courier II Bold font. There is an M and a b.

just now I am looking at all Kremlin Courier II Bold and I must say it is far of Cyrilic.
cairnswk wrote:The title has been changed from Moskva to Mockba.

Cyrilic has another order as Kremlin, so you have written Moskda. in Cyrilic is order:
A, B, V, G, D... Kremlin has order A, B, C, D, E...

I will not "popping" you more if you say me that you do not care about Cyrilic and you want to write Moskva your way ;)
(but then you can write it in Chinese and say it is Cyrilic)...

Oneyed

Oneyed, i am surprised by this response, as I find it threatening to say the least.
Personally i don't bloody care if you don't want to offer anything if you are going to have an arrogant attitude, even if you are correct. Also, since you appear to be educated and writing in English, then please get the English correct.
"far of Cyrilic" should be "far off Cyrilic" or better still "far from Cyrillic" if you really want to be so pedantic. You also forgot the "be" in "i will not "popping" you more...this should be written as "i will not be "popping" you more...
It is not that i an unwilling to change it to want you want, i simply explained to you what i had done.
Now, moving forward, in the next version you will see it will be posted as MockBa :) or better still Моцкба (since that appears to be the correct Russian writing for the name)
And if you are not happy with this response then please do not come back into the thread and post...there are others who can and will fill your shoes.
Private cairnswk

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 am

We will go ahead and get this stickied for the stamp...have to take a look at it later, but it's close enough as is for the sticky.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 am

cairnswk wrote:Oneyed, i am surprised by this response, as I find it threatening to say the least.

what exactly is threatening?
cairnswk wrote:Personally i don't bloody care if you don't want to offer anything if you are going to have an arrogant attitude, even if you are correct.

I offered you my Russian language knowledge. and arrogant attitude has this your last post...
cairnswk wrote:Also, since you appear to be educated and writing in English, then please get the English correct.

I just explain you what is correct in Russian language and where is difference between Cyrilic and Kremlin courier. and my English is poor, so if I will write Australija and any Englishman will tell me this is not correct I will be happy for help. so it is abject from you to show how better is you in English.
cairnswk wrote:It is not that i an unwilling to change it to want you want, i simply explained to you what i had done.
Now, moving forward, in the next version you will see it will be posted as MockBa :) or better still Моцкба (since that appears to be the correct Russian writing for the name)

it seems that maybe your Russian is more poor as my English. "or better still Моцкба" - this in English means Mockba.
cairnswk wrote:And if you are not happy with this response then please do not come back into the thread and post...there are others who can and will fill your shoes.

I learned Russian more as 10 years, so I know about what I speak. so it would be better for you to learn something as kicking off people from "your" thread.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 am

Oneyed wrote:just now I am looking at all Kremlin Courier II Bold and I must say it is far of Cyrilic.

This is true, but a true Cyrilic font would be unreadable to most so the title would be
nonsense. :-s

As far as I can see, the title of this map is written as Mockba which is what you wanted in a way...
Oneyed wrote:try this: MockBa

So as far as I can see, the title is correct but not in a font that is correct for the map. :P But the maps title needs to be able to be read so this font trumps what is correct. :mrgreen: It fits the maps style and is legible. Hats of to you cairnswk. =D>

This is a stupid thing to argue about right now. Graphics are next and it may all change. :roll:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Oneyed wrote:...
I learned Russian more as 10 years, so I know about what I speak. so it would be better for you to learn something as kicking off people from "your" thread.

Oneyed

Oneyed...nobody is kicking you off the thread...i simply stated it that "i don't care if you don't want to offer anything..." and "if you are not happy with this response then please do not come back..." <- that is NOT kicking you off the thread.

but i was most unhapy with the initial statement you posted telling me i don't care about Cyrillic....
"I will not "popping" you more if you say me that you do not care about Cyrilic and you want to write Moskva your way ;)
(but then you can write it in Chinese and say it is Cyrilic)..."
...it is not that i don't care about Cyrillic, it is more important to me to have some consistency on the map and the use of the Kremlin font gave this consistency between title and legend - up to now. There is nothing written anywhere that says I have to write Moskva in Cyrillic, but in actual fact i would prefer to use something that is more identifiable to most players on this site.

koontz1973 wrote:...
This is a stupid thing to argue about right now. Graphics are next and it may all change. :roll:

correct koontz1973
Private cairnswk

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:16 pm

cairnswk wrote:Oneyed...nobody is kicking you off the thread...i simply stated it that "i don't care if you don't want to offer anything..." and "if you are not happy with this response then please do not come back..." <- that is NOT kicking you off the thread.

and what means this: "And if you are not happy with this response then please do not come back into the thread and post."

cairnswk wrote:but i was most unhapy with the initial statement you posted telling me i don't care about Cyrillic....
"I will not "popping" you more if you say me that you do not care about Cyrilic and you want to write Moskva your way ;)
(but then you can write it in Chinese and say it is Cyrilic)..."
...it is not that i don't care about Cyrillic, it is more important to me to have some consistency on the map and the use of the Kremlin font gave this consistency between title and legend - up to now. There is nothing written anywhere that says I have to write Moskva in Cyrillic, but in actual fact i would prefer to use something that is more identifiable to most players on this site.

I understand you and also that you use font which is close to majority of this site. but will you like when anybody will write Australja?
cairnswk wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:...

correct koontz1973

I am drunk now, to be honest totaly drunk,but what is stupid about care to have somethig corect? if I do any mistake in English text, several people will say me this is wrong. and I will be happy for help... so where is problem when I say this is not right in Russian?

fucking Oneyed

EDIT: hm, the man is man becasue he has answers to all questions, or he can say "I´m wrong". you just avoid some notices.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Oneyed ^^^
drunk eh? well, no use arguing with someone who is drunk. ;)
as stated initially it was written as MockBa but using the Kremlin (not Cyrillic)font, so in fact it is correct as it is.
you are welcome to post suggestions anytime. :)
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas