Conquer Club

Mitt Romney Scandals

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 pm

In 2008, the Romneys sold a horse named Super Hit for $125,000. The horse was subsequently found to be lame and unable to perform dressage. Dr. Steven Soule, veterinarian for the U.S. Equestrian Team, was consulted. He found that Super Hit, at the time he was sold, had been drugged with a staggering amount of painkillers - more than he had ever seen given to a horse in 38-years of practice.

Super Hit's new owners sued Ann Romney, her trainers and her vet. The case was settled out of court last September. The Romney campaign called the case "frivolous," but refused to allow the LA Times to interview the Romneys, their trainers, or their vet. The LA Times also reports that Romney's lawyers have sought to keep the case out of the public eye by trying to get the attorney of Super Hit's new owners to sign a confidentiality agreement.

The Romneys continue their relationship with the same trainers under whom Super Hit was given a staggering amount of painkillers so that he could be forced to continue performing.

Sources:
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/22 ... 20120522/2
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/ann-r ... high-horse

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:36 pm

This is the best you could come up with?
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Romney Taxes People for being Legally Blind and/or Mentally Handicapped:

When Mitt Romney was Massachusetts governor in 2003 and faced with a $3 billion state budget deficit, he didn't want to raise taxes since that would prevent him in the future from claiming he hadn't raised taxes.

So he proposed new or increased fees, including a $10 licensing fee on the blind so a sight-impaired person could receive a state certificate of blindness.

http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/13207

ā€œIt now costs to be blind in Massachusetts. The stateā€™s approximately 35,000 blind and legally blind residents must now pay $10 annually for a certificate of blindness and $15 every four years for a blind identification card. Without the formerly-free documents, blind people cannot take advantage of tax abatements, affordable housing programs, health care services, transportation discounts and other benefits. ā€¦ The fees originated in February, in Gov. Mitt Romneyā€™s budget proposal for fiscal 2004.ā€ (Shaun Sutner, ā€œAdvocates Fight Fees For The Blind,ā€ Telegram & Gazette, 8/5/03)

ā€œThe committee will also accept most of the fee recommendations made by Romney, Rogers said, but would not endorse ā€¦ a new fee for some mentally retarded citizensā€¦ā€ (Jennifer Peter, ā€œHouse Leaders Agree With Romneyā€™s Plan To Eliminate Urban Park Agency,ā€ The Associated Press, 4/16/03)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/20 ... privilege/

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Night Strike wrote:This is the best you could come up with?

There's somewhere around 20 at Being Liberal. And there are a ton of Gaffs like when he joked about his father closing an AM factory in Michigan. His taxation on the Blind and Mentally Challenged is beautiful though, no? Solid proof that he is no Ronald Reagan.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Special report: Romney's steel skeleton in the Bain closet

It was a gamble. The old mill, renamed GS Technologies, needed expensive updating, and demand for its products was susceptible to cycles in the mining industry and commodities markets.

Less than a decade later, the mill was padlocked and some 750 people lost their jobs. Workers were denied the severance pay and health insurance they'd been promised, and their pension benefits were cut by as much as $400 a month.

What's more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company's underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:57 am

Dissecting a brainless attack on Mitt Romney.

Major Phatscotty

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 pm

And then look what Bain did to Batman!
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:

And then look what Bain did to Batman!

WHY HOW DARE BAIN!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Night Strike wrote:This is the best you could come up with?

In the horse world, this is a pretty serious offense.

My concern for a president is not that he drugged the horse, per se... (I would tend to suspect he bought into the horse and hired people who did stupid things or advised him incorrectly), it is that he is not being forthright and honest about a legal matter. If it were truly frivolous, it should not have standing in the court.. yet it seems it does. Ergo, its likely not as frivolous as he wishes to claim.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Mitt Romney used to impersonate police officers for fun
http://www.examiner.com/article/mitt-ro ... rs-for-fun

A former classmate of Mitt Romney has spilled the beans about the GOP presidential hopeful's collegiate past of impersonating a police officer. He is said to have pulled people over under false authority, and even went so far as to issue tickets.

lololololol

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Have we done the homophobia yet?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DangerBoy on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Crap! We just lost the anti painkiller overdosage of horses vote. Might as well call off the election.
PLAYER57832 wrote:I hope we all become liberal drones.
Sergeant 1st Class DangerBoy

Postby patches70 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Romney scandals, LMAO. Compared to Obama, Mitt Romney is a God damned Boy Scout.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Romney's family values are going to be a huge plus.

Plus, he's not a Marxist
Major Phatscotty

Postby kentington on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
In 2008, the Romneys sold a horse named Super Hit for $125,000. The horse was subsequently found to be lame and unable to perform dressage. Dr. Steven Soule, veterinarian for the U.S. Equestrian Team, was consulted. He found that Super Hit, at the time he was sold, had been drugged with a staggering amount of painkillers - more than he had ever seen given to a horse in 38-years of practice.

Super Hit's new owners sued Ann Romney, her trainers and her vet. The case was settled out of court last September. The Romney campaign called the case "frivolous," but refused to allow the LA Times to interview the Romneys, their trainers, or their vet. The LA Times also reports that Romney's lawyers have sought to keep the case out of the public eye by trying to get the attorney of Super Hit's new owners to sign a confidentiality agreement.

The Romneys continue their relationship with the same trainers under whom Super Hit was given a staggering amount of painkillers so that he could be forced to continue performing.

Sources:
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/22 ... 20120522/2
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/ann-r ... high-horse

Doesn't this solidify everyone's vote for him?
I mean this is proof that he knows how to make money. Now we can sell our drugged horses to China and eliminate our huge debt.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am

patches70 wrote:Romney scandals, LMAO. Compared to Obama, Mitt Romney is a God damned Boy Scout.

If it's true, the impersonating a police officer deal is pretty serious. I recognize he was a dumb college student at the time, but I can't think of anything that's come up with Obama that I could compare to that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby patches70 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 am

Woodruff wrote:
patches70 wrote:Romney scandals, LMAO. Compared to Obama, Mitt Romney is a God damned Boy Scout.

If it's true, the impersonating a police officer deal is pretty serious. I recognize he was a dumb college student at the time, but I can't think of anything that's come up with Obama that I could compare to that.

Like snorting cocaine, smoking dope and inhaling (inhaling was the point!). You know, if Obama had been caught by the police in possession of drugs, using drugs and probably at some point selling or distributing drugs, do you think he would have ever been able to eventually become President?

Consider that, some poor kid gets busted with a little sack of reefer and then later on a drug possession conviction on his record causes all sorts of problems later in terms of jobs, security clearances and all that other stuff. Yet, this president (and others before him) who prosecute this "war on drugs" which punishes people in ways many might not realize, laugh about their past drug induce exploits. Hypocrisy.

Then of course, there is the protection Obama is giving his crony Eric Holder who sold guns to murderous drug dealers that have resulted not only in the death of a US border patrol agent, but many deaths of Mexican citizens. The same Eric Holder who was found in contempt of Congress and caught several times lying to Congress and not a thing done. Who was the sports guy they wanted to toss in jail for lying to Congress about steroid use? They go balls to the wall against him but don't do a damn thing about Holder? If Obama had any integrity at all he'd have forced Holder to resign long ago.

Can't think of anything Obama has done that is comparable to Romney, try thinking a little harder.....
Private patches70

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:59 am

patches70 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Like snorting cocaine, smoking dope and inhaling (inhaling was the point!).

Truthfully? I don't see that as being as serious as impersonating a police officer.

patches70 wrote:You know, if Obama had been caught by the police in possession of drugs, using drugs and probably at some point selling or distributing drugs, do you think he would have ever been able to eventually become President?

Selling/distributing would certainly be a different situation. But not possessing or using (in my personal opinion). Granted, if you weren't aware, I'm of the opinion that the War on Drugs is an abject failure and that all drugs should be decriminalized (with laws still in place regarding use and such for safety reasons).

patches70 wrote:Can't think of anything Obama has done that is comparable to Romney, try thinking a little harder.....

Honestly, no. Nothing you mentioned matches impersonating a police officer in my view. I consider that a very serious thing. And you'll remember that I'm no fan of Obama.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby patches70 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:15 am

Woodruff wrote:

Selling/distributing would certainly be a different situation. But not possessing or using (in my personal opinion). Granted, if you weren't aware, I'm of the opinion that the War on Drugs is an abject failure and that all drugs should be decriminalized (with laws still in place regarding use and such for safety reasons).

Get a grip man, if an 18 year old gets convicted with a simple possession of marijuana, he ain't getting a job later at the FBI. If he goes into the military, that single conviction will make him ineligible to get into the medical field, the nuke field or intelligence among other military fields. He won't be able to get most Federal jobs available. He'll find it a tough time to get into any field of education or working with children. My God, that single stupid possession charge closes so many doors.

As to distributing, Obama was a regular weed smoker, by his own admission. He rode around with a whole crew (he had a name for them, it escapes me at this time) and they'd smoke weed and party on the beach. If you have a sack of weed, and you just give your buddy a bud, don't even charge him any money, that's distribution in the eyes of the law. All fucking weed smokers distribute weed.

Had Obama been caught at any point while partying it up on the beach, no way no how he'd ever become a President in 2008.

And I see you failed to "justify" Obama's handling of his buddy, Eric "contemptible" Holder. People died, man. Lots of people. And Obama is protecting the guy who was in ultimate charge of that whole debacle.

And Romney allegedly pulling a prank is more serious to you? LMAO.
So, what were the circumstances of this supposed impersonation? Was Romney a stripper and showed up to a bridal shower dressed as a cop? Did he twirl around his nightstick? Was it a fraternity prank? Jesus, Obamaphiles (or are you just a Romney/Republican hater?) have no end to their blindness of Obama's ineptitude, partisanship, blind ideology and criminality.

Well, no matter what, in your eyes Romney is the true scumbag and Obama is the "lesser of two evils" at best. Something Romney did 40 years ago or whatever is important, but what Barry did back in the day is "no big deal". LMAO. What a tool. PUt a disclaimer on your sig, "Woodruff is a partisan tool". Quit lying to yourself.
Private patches70

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 am

patches70 wrote:So, what were the circumstances of this supposed impersonation? Was Romney a stripper and showed up to a bridal shower dressed as a cop? Did he twirl around his nightstick? Was it a fraternity prank? Jesus, Obamaphiles (or are you just a Romney/Republican hater?) have no end to their blindness of Obama's ineptitude, partisanship, blind ideology and criminality.

Well, no matter what, in your eyes Romney is the true scumbag and Obama is the "lesser of two evils" at best. Something Romney did 40 years ago or whatever is important, but what Barry did back in the day is "no big deal". LMAO. What a tool. PUt a disclaimer on your sig, "Woodruff is a partisan tool". Quit lying to yourself.

You're better than this. Seriously. Get back to me when you'd like to have a discussion. I'd hate to have to think of you like I do Phatscotty.
Last edited by Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:23 am

saxi, can you make an image that makes fun of everyone in this thread for being in love with the two big parties?

Seriously, you guys are funny. "OBAMA SUCKS." "NO ROMNEY SUCKS"

I hope you all realize that you can vote for other people. You think there's going to be any god damn change with either of these idiots?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Army of GOD wrote:saxi, can you make an image that makes fun of everyone in this thread for being in love with the two big parties?

Seriously, you guys are funny. "OBAMA SUCKS." "NO ROMNEY SUCKS"

I hope you all realize that you can vote for other people. You think there's going to be any god damn change with either of these idiots?

I'm generally aware that I can vote for other people dude. It is kind of funny that threads critcising Romney devolve on the conservative side not into defences of Romney, but attacks on Obama. Obama critical threads tend to devolve into partisan bickering too, of course, but they don't devolve symmetrically.

It's almost as if the more conservative posters have no opinion on who they elect as long as its not Obama.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,