Conquer Club

Treasures of Galápagos [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Treasures of Galápagos [Quenched] [Poll]

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:35 am

cairnswk wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:I've started a poll as requested by cairnswk --> viewtopic.php?f=127&t=149280

Please cast your vote/ add your thoughts there.

tnb80
the last version of this xml was on p27.

here is the latest with the changes to 7 neutrals on the luggers.

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/_galapagos_190911.xml

Updated!
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:45 am

thenobodies80 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:I've started a poll as requested by cairnswk --> viewtopic.php?f=127&t=149280

Please cast your vote/ add your thoughts there.

tnb80
the last version of this xml was on p27.

here is the latest with the changes to 7 neutrals on the luggers.

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/_galapagos_190911.xml

Updated!

Thanks tnb80
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:57 am

The Pinta Tortoise that was indigenous to the Galapagos, has officially gone extinct.

The last known individual of the subspecies was a male named Lonesome George (Spanish: El Solitario Jorge/George),[5] who died on 24 June 2012. In his last years, he was known as the rarest creature in the world. George served as a potent symbol for conservation efforts in the Galápagos and internationally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinta_Island_tortoise
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:27 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:The Pinta Tortoise that was indigenous to the Galapagos, has officially gone extinct.

The last known individual of the subspecies was a male named Lonesome George (Spanish: El Solitario Jorge/George),[5] who died on 24 June 2012. In his last years, he was known as the rarest creature in the world. George served as a potent symbol for conservation efforts in the Galápagos and internationally.

Thanks a lot Debbie Downer. :(
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:The Pinta Tortoise that was indigenous to the Galapagos, has officially gone extinct.

thank-you swimmerdude99 for that info.
now there's a milestone for you of any species. :roll:
Private cairnswk

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:06 pm

since you posted this 6 more species have died.
we currently lose an estimate of 3 species per hour.

we've been fighting to save the dolphins and the whales for years but in this whole time tens of thousands of other species have gone extinct.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Treasures of Galápagos [Quenched]

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Species of what, insects?

According to this list, only 40 have gone extinct in the last 100 years. 40 certainly is a high number, but you're saying tens of thousand species over the course of a couple decades.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:Species of what, insects?

According to this list, only 40 have gone extinct in the last 100 years. 40 certainly is a high number, but you're saying tens of thousand species over the course of a couple decades.

all living things are split into 5 major kingdoms: animalia, plantae, fungi, protista, and monera.
if something from there dies then it counts as extinct.

sure, most people care more about a dolphin than some weird bug found in the amazonian rain forest or some amoeba found at the bottom of the sea.

obviously the number i've given is just an estimation. we can't say for sure how many species exist let alone how many die per day.
each year we discover 15-20 thousand new species and there's speculation we still have not discovered ~30 million species.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Guys since the extinction of species is an offshoot topic of this thread, can you please take this discussion to the General Discussion thread or elsewhere. One post i can suffer, but not a number of exchanges.
Now...back on topic please.
Private cairnswk

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

cairnswk wrote:Guys since the extinction of species is an offshoot topic of this thread, can you please take this discussion to the General Discussion thread or elsewhere. One post i can suffer, but not a number of exchanges.

Sorry... this wasn't meant to be off topic. I mentioned it due to the nature that it is ON THE MAP. Gooday.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Guys since the extinction of species is an offshoot topic of this thread, can you please take this discussion to the General Discussion thread or elsewhere. One post i can suffer, but not a number of exchanges.

Sorry... this wasn't meant to be off topic. I mentioned it due to the nature that it is ON THE MAP. Gooday.

no harm done on your part swimmerdude. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 am

cairnswk wrote:no harm done on your part swimmerdude. :)

That depends if he was the one that stepped on Lonesome George or not. :mrgreen:

Sorry cairns, could not resist, O:)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:18 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:no harm done on your part swimmerdude. :)

That depends if he was the one that stepped on Lonesome George or not. :mrgreen:

Sorry cairns, could not resist, O:)

you devil...but since you went off-topic....can i ask that you reply to the graphics issue in Moscow that i have been waiting for you to address for some time...last page. Thanks.
Now back on topic. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby eddie2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 am

ok so now that it is down to 7 i look at this as unfair for 1 lugger to be at this.. lugger florena

this is because in trench if you go first or 2nd and have reef 7 you can go sf5 (3) lugger florena.(7) all others you either have a 1 4 7 or a 2 3 7 so either sf5 should be increased or that 1 lugger. what do you guys think.
Major eddie2

Postby cairnswk on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 am

eddie2 wrote:ok so now that it is down to 7 i look at this as unfair for 1 lugger to be at this.. lugger florena

this is because in trench if you go first or 2nd and have reef 7 you can go sf5 (3) lugger florena.(7) all others you either have a 1 4 7 or a 2 3 7 so either sf5 should be increased or that 1 lugger. what do you guys think.

i think eddie2, that no matter what is put in there, someone is bound to think something is unfair at some stage, sorry to be cynical but, been aroound now for some time and yeh ;)
Private cairnswk

Postby eddie2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 pm

look at aor maps you have 2 areas top left bottom right where reasource pair are easier to get so have more neutrals... jamaica is the same top right start point... it just evens the map out and 2 troups need to be added somewhere for this 1... i think sf5 would be easier to do... rather than the lugger...
Major eddie2

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 pm

I agree with cairns on this point. Having all maps being exactly symmetrical isn't any good. Each Reef has various options on how to start. It's just like King's Court or Feudal War. Each starting point is a little different and has different opportunities. I see no problem here.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gilligan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 am

Playing a game here and just thought of something.

Since losing conditions were introduced after this map, it might bring some confusion. It says that you must hold a fresh water source to survive.

Granted, you don't start with a fresh water source so you'd never actually get to play, but I thought it was worth noting.
Captain Gilligan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:29 am

revert luggers to neutral 10 so the gameplay isnt completely 1 dimensional
Cook iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to The Atlas