Conquer Club

jefjef sucks at risk

Old information and materials.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: jefjef sucks at risk

Postby codeblue1018 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Dibbun,

Why would he accept such a ridiculous challenge? What does the best of seven, 1vs1's mean as far as skill mate? It means nothing accept luck no? He loses one game and wins the other 6, he'd prolly still lose points overall. Not worth it on two fronts; points or skill. Set up team games, perhaps he may just accept, then again, maybe not. I know I wouldn't accept a meaningless challenge. Rank up mate; that also may change things. Seeing as tho you're this good, that shouldn't be a problem.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:Dibbun,

Why would he accept such a ridiculous challenge? What does the best of seven, 1vs1's mean as far as skill mate? It means nothing accept luck no? He loses one game and wins the other 6, he'd prolly still lose points overall. Not worth it on two fronts; points or skill. Set up team games, perhaps he may just accept, then again, maybe not. I know I wouldn't accept a meaningless challenge. Rank up mate; that also may change things. Seeing as tho you're this good, that shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby grifftron on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 pm

You know what, i agree with everything Dibun said here... you have now become part of the jefjef fan club... wear it proud

Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 pm

How can you agree with Dibbun? would you accept this?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby lynch5762 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:32 pm

I don't know.... I am kind of intrigued by this

I know that there is a huge rank difference and that 1 vs 1 can be bullshit.... Maybe different terms? I am intrigued by the fact that Dibbun is a chess player and of course I have no love loss for jetjeff... :lol: :lol:

That being said.... I would never back down from any challenge myself, but I will point out that the terms would have to be agreed upon.
Captain lynch5762

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:06 am

Dibbun wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:What would a series of 1vs1 games prove? Who has the better dice? In my experience the weaker player in these things always makes the challenge 1vs1...in the hope that luck will see them through. The sad thing is though dibbun that even if you won all 7 it wouldn't really change anyone's perception of your relative abilities.

Challenge him to a series of trips or quads games, demand sunny and then you have an interesting challenge.

In my experience there are people who complain about luck and people who understand that risk is inherent in the game we play.

I would have no problem congratulating jefjef if he were victorious, and concede to him that his statement about me not knowing what I was talking about in that other thread due to my rank as being accurate. This whole thread started because jefjef doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut in situations which do not concern him.

QoH beat me 4-3 in a best of 7, and I was happy to congratulate him, though the bitching in the thread about "luck" irritated me. To be honest, one reason I left this site for so long and focused exclusively on chess is because of that "luck" bullshit and my extreme boredom about hearing about it over and over and over. It's just an excuse.

It goes without saying, of course, that if your clan was by my side in trips or quads on any map with any settings against any opponents we would be victorious.

Edit: an example of the shit I was tired of explaining over and over: viewtopic.php?f=445&t=153571&start=15#p3364938

As has been said your best bet is to form a trips team, create some games and then see if he will play. I don't think you can deny that there is more stratey involved in trips compared to 1vs1, therefore it is a better challenge.

Look at it in this way: if you challenged me to 7 1vs1 games (for whatever reason) I would refuse and I doubt a soul would be surprised. However, if you challenged me to some trips sunny games on maps I like and I balked then I suspect some would maybe think me frit.

You may disagree on this but the consensus is that 1vs1 in general is too luck-based. So to make an attractive challenge it will have to be trips.

I notice you keep avoiding this point. Do you not know how to play trips (no shame in that) or do you lack the people to play with (again no shame in that either)? I am sure you would have your challenge if you made these games team based. So why not?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
Dibbun wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:What would a series of 1vs1 games prove? Who has the better dice? In my experience the weaker player in these things always makes the challenge 1vs1...in the hope that luck will see them through. The sad thing is though dibbun that even if you won all 7 it wouldn't really change anyone's perception of your relative abilities.

Challenge him to a series of trips or quads games, demand sunny and then you have an interesting challenge.

In my experience there are people who complain about luck and people who understand that risk is inherent in the game we play.

I would have no problem congratulating jefjef if he were victorious, and concede to him that his statement about me not knowing what I was talking about in that other thread due to my rank as being accurate. This whole thread started because jefjef doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut in situations which do not concern him.

QoH beat me 4-3 in a best of 7, and I was happy to congratulate him, though the bitching in the thread about "luck" irritated me. To be honest, one reason I left this site for so long and focused exclusively on chess is because of that "luck" bullshit and my extreme boredom about hearing about it over and over and over. It's just an excuse.

It goes without saying, of course, that if your clan was by my side in trips or quads on any map with any settings against any opponents we would be victorious.

Edit: an example of the shit I was tired of explaining over and over: viewtopic.php?f=445&t=153571&start=15#p3364938

As has been said your best bet is to form a trips team, create some games and then see if he will play. I don't think you can deny that there is more stratey involved in trips compared to 1vs1, therefore it is a better challenge.

Look at it in this way: if you challenged me to 7 1vs1 games (for whatever reason) I would refuse and I doubt a soul would be surprised. However, if you challenged me to some trips sunny games on maps I like and I balked then I suspect some would maybe think me frit.

You may disagree on this but the consensus is that 1vs1 in general is too luck-based. So to make an attractive challenge it will have to be trips.

I notice you keep avoiding this point. Do you not know how to play trips (no shame in that) or do you lack the people to play with (again no shame in that either)? I am sure you would have your challenge if you made these games team based. So why not?

I lack people to play with. I don't have regular double/trips/quad partners because I've never sought them out. I recently had a nice doubles game with GeneralRisk and would play with him again, but that was one game.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:46 am

Jefjef may suck at risk, but as it says on the bottom, conquer club is not associated with risk.. So even though he sucks at risk, he sure as hell is better than a "major" at conquer club :lol: also.. You talk a lot of shit for a dude wearing 3 stripes and a diamond...
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Jefjef may suck at risk, but as it says on the bottom, conquer club is not associated with risk.. So even though he sucks at risk, he sure as hell is better than a "major" at conquer club :lol: also.. You talk a lot of shit for a dude wearing 3 stripes and a diamond...

NoS, maybee we should challenge Dibbun to a few Speed Freestyle games...
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby grifftron on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:20 am

best part is he said he quit the site for a year, now hes back...

he joined in 2011.

And for the record, I would accept a 7 game challenge... who cares about rank? pathetic.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Jefjef may suck at risk, but as it says on the bottom, conquer club is not associated with risk.. So even though he sucks at risk, he sure as hell is better than a "major" at conquer club :lol: also.. You talk a lot of shit for a dude wearing 3 stripes and a diamond...

I'm not one to call people out. I just shut up and if I am ever challenged, ill show up ;) lol. I also like to team with the underdog if the guwho everyone thinks is gonna win wants team games. idk I like stickin up for people who are publicly bashed.. Probably cos I know what its like. Not fun.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby codeblue1018 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 am

grifftron wrote:You know what, i agree with everything Dibun said here... you have now become part of the jefjef fan club... wear it proud

Huh? Lol. Jefjef fan club? It could have been you that he challenged Griff and I would have said the same thing. So, let me ask this yet again; what would a 7 game challenge of 1v1's prove? That a player is better; which is the sole reason for this challenge? Not even close; I'd expect you to understand this. Why in the world would jef agree to this absurd challenge? Come up with a lucid answer aside from playing for pride and perhaps I can be swayed, although, I don't think you can make a case for this challenge.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby grifftron on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 am

We all know it wont come down to who is the "best", especially not in the 7 games... maybe a 100 game challenge would be more accurate of course...

BUT what happened to challenging just to challenge... this guy has beef with babies momma and he just wants to challenge to get this heat off his breasts. I seen a challenge just for the sake of challenging in lynch vs jd.. it was a fun read and fun challenge for both... I am sure a more negative reason for challenging would make for a better read and challenge... but it doesn't have to be about who's best does it? Cant we just challenge just to challenge?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby codeblue1018 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 am

grifftron wrote:We all know it wont come down to who is the "best", especially not in the 7 games... maybe a 100 game challenge would be more accurate of course...

BUT what happened to challenging just to challenge... this guy has beef with babies momma and he just wants to challenge to get this heat off his breasts. I seen a challenge just for the sake of challenging in lynch vs jd.. it was a fun read and fun challenge for both... I am sure a more negative reason for challenging would make for a better read and challenge... but it doesn't have to be about who's best does it? Cant we just challenge just to challenge?

I would agree with everything you said here, however, this thread isn't about having a challenge for fun. The title explains all and the purpose of this challenge is to ascertain who the better player is. You and I both agree that a 7 games series of 1v1's won't determine the better player; the poster obviously does. This is all I was attempting to convey. A "good" read for us may not be the case for others. As I mentioned, I wouldn't partake in this either unless it was how you suggested, "for fun".
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 am

grifftron wrote:BUT what happened to challenging just to challenge... this guy has beef with babies momma and he just wants to challenge to get this heat off his breasts.

That made me laugh.

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby smegal69 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:58 am

codeblue1018 wrote:
grifftron wrote:You know what, i agree with everything Dibun said here... you have now become part of the jefjef fan club... wear it proud

Huh? Lol. Jefjef fan club? It could have been you that he challenged Griff and I would have said the same thing. So, let me ask this yet again; what would a 7 game challenge of 1v1's prove? That a player is better; which is the sole reason for this challenge? Not even close; I'd expect you to understand this. Why in the world would jef agree to this absurd challenge? Come up with a lucid answer aside from playing for pride and perhaps I can be swayed, although, I don't think you can make a case for this challenge.

what it matter what the games settings are, we know jefjef will run away from this one just like he did the one below

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=445&t=171791

1 Vs 1 or team games you got to have balls to accept a challenge

Come up with a lucid answer aside from playing for pride and perhaps I can be swayed

he could have stepped up and got rid of me (after all he told me how much better his is)....... i know that will sway you codeblue

p.s no animals testicles were used in the making of this Post, so all members of PETA and Mods step back =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 am

smegal69 wrote:Step up JefJef and be a man...... instead of running of and telling Mods you have a troll infestation like your crab one.

Truth.

Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:

LOL I want to hear you talk more about challenges especially when you bitched and moaned during our dubs game when me and Pixar absolutely melted your ass. BAWWWWWWWWWWWW the dice BAWWWWWWWWWWW hahahaha you need to change your diapers noob because the ones you have on are quite wet!

Game 11296722

Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 am

Dibbun wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

LOL I want to hear you talk more about challenges especially when you bitched and moaned during our dubs game when me and Pixar absolutely melted your ass. BAWWWWWWWWWWWW the dice BAWWWWWWWWWWW hahahaha you need to change your diapers noob because the ones you have on are quite wet!

Game 11296722

1) Game is over when you have God dice and reduce my partner to 5 regions and 17 troops in Round 1

2) The game was sequential, I am talking about freestyle. Need some glasses?

3) Be careful who you call a noob kid. You are still acting like you're 12. It's hilarious! :D
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

This game was sequential, so it lacks value? Please tell me you're complaining about turn order in addition to the dice. That would just make my day.

Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 am

Dibbun wrote:This game was sequential, so it lacks value? Please tell me you're complaining about turn order in addition to the dice. That would just make my day.

Stop beating around the bush... You called me and my partner a noob, you had better watch out. Take on me and a few of my clanmates in some Dubs, Quads, and Trips, then you will be the noob.

Then you foe me like a coward and say that you are better than me off of one game.

Wow, you are 12! :D
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:35 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Dibbun wrote:This game was sequential, so it lacks value? Please tell me you're complaining about turn order in addition to the dice. That would just make my day.

You called me and my partner a noob, you had better watch out.

I'll be on the lookout, bra.

Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Let's go dibs, best of 7..you choose any map and any settings.

That's right you choose 1 v 1 for all seven. come on beat me. Then you can boast..challenge has been declared !!

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Let's go dibs, best of 7..you choose any map and any settings.

That's right you choose 1 v 1 for all seven. come on beat me. Then you can boast..challenge has been declared !!

Lol you can't be serious. Go look up my point differential on Luxembourg.

Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Then let's do it.. Lux it is!!
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

PreviousNext

Return to Callouts Archives