Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Chigga on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:19 pm

I would like to see a map based on Avatar (The Last Airbender and the new Legend of Korra)
here's an example Image
I feel like its a nice idea. problem is, I don't know how to make any maps (especially not for RISK). if anyone is looking for a map to make or wants to teach me how to make a map for RISK, this idea could be put into work.
Private Chigga

Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: Avatar Map

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:33 pm

I think copyrights are a big problem...
Anyway, this topic should be moved into the foundry.
Can someone move it into map ideas? --> viewforum.php?f=63
thanks! ;)
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:38 pm

And an Alleyoop over to thenobodies!
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Chigga on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:I think copyrights are a big problem...
Anyway, this topic should be moved into the foundry.
Can someone move it into map ideas? --> viewforum.php?f=63
thanks! ;)

oh I see
sorry for posting in the wrong forum

TheForgivenOne wrote:And an Alleyoop over to thenobodies!

can you explain what that means? O_o
Private Chigga

General Achievement (1)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Chigga wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:And an Alleyoop over to thenobodies!

can you explain what that means? O_o

Just he moved the thread and "passed the ball to me". ;)
If you need info or help in the earlier stage of a map development ask to koontz1973 or to me. :)

For now, since it seems you are new face that want to discover the great and fantastic world of maps on CC, I can suggest you to browse a bit the foundry, look what the other guys do (and how they do maps).
Finally, if you have a bit of time, read this guide viewtopic.php?f=649&t=150681, it can help you to understand how we create maps here!

oh, btw welcome to the foundry! :)

nobodies
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:22 pm

The aesthetic of the map I like---perhaps someone should employ their own version of such graphics? :D

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 am

I like the map, but look at all that wasted space around it. ;)
Chigga, if you fancy having a go doing it yourself and I hope you do, send me a PM, and we can see where to go from there.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby Kingcgh12 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 pm

I like the look of the map, seems like it would be fun! :)
Cook Kingcgh12

Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby barrack on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 pm

So I happened to find a map designed by a redditor. Perhaps this is a good starting point?

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbende ... ls_inside/

I actually came here to post the idea and use it as a starting point. I'm trying to get a hold of the creator to his permission to use his artwork as a starting point, and maybe to make some changes to like adding more impassible boundaries.
Private 1st Class barrack

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby x-raider on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Looks good... Image
Image Direct URL: http://i.imgur.com/pjLM1.jpg
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby barrack on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Sweet. Once I get permission from the artist, I'll move forward with a proper submission. Until then, I hope this thread gets some more love.
Private 1st Class barrack

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas