Conquer Club

King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Genaraln7 on Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

dwilhelmi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
dwilhelmi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

(which is the way we commonly refer to killer-neutral regions here on CC)

What he describes isn't a killer neutral. He was describing a tert that can only bombard and not attack. Now, all of us who played KC1 would understand that you can't attack, but it doesn't say that in the legend. He's right, it should be there somewhere. Perhaps add: 'Trebuchets can only bombard'

Actually, it does say that already, in the upper right corner:
"Archers, Catapults and Trebuchets can only bombard unless stated otherwise."

Oh, there it is!!

Nevermind then, it's on there.

I wonder - does it just not stand out enough? Could it somehow be emphasized more?

No i dont agree you have more maps with alot of information and new players to the map must take there time to read it all before starting there first turn. If players are to lazy to do so they should not join such games its there own fault!
Maby CC could ad a tag to each map marking the dificalty of the map for new players to warn them...
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
Lieutenant Genaraln7

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 am

mc05025 wrote:Even if I have played only one game I do not like it at all that the knights +EVERY castle does not give a bonus. It makes the castles pretty useless. The +2 of the castle is very little in a map that a player can have 30 troops due at an 8 player game. In addition the penalty of having the counselors+castle or the King+castle making the castles not worthy

The cumulative effect of Castle + 2 Knights happens in KC1, but it's something that I don't specially like.
On KC2 I didn't want to create exponential bonus like that one, especially one that involves castles (and knights, which are both part of the objectives). Also, bonus remain far more controlled this way without adding a feature that would necessarily override the negative effect of the King. Speaking of that, I do agree that the Negative effect of owning the King + Castles should be raised.

PS- There's no negative effect of owning Counselors+Castles.....
Major Kabanellas

Postby Vondue on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Nice map!

The House of Ecthelion seems at a starting disadvantage. It has access to fewer resources+villages compared to the other houses. It would be ok if village V07 had a road, but there isn't so there's no road bonus. I would consider connecting V07 to a road -- it appears to be the only non-roaded village, which makes House of E seem doubly unfair. Well House of Ingwe also has V14 without any roads, but that house also has 2 mines so it's ahead of the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Vondue

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Lol ... The House of Doriath has two Knights but the Knight on the right acts like an archer. Is it supposed to be an archer? That would make more sense to me!!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby amundsentb on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 am

Some of the hex names are bolder than others. Like C6 compared to N50. This may well be intentional but I just wanted to mention it.

I really like the way the map is. It looks amazing.
Colonel amundsentb

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Ok, with the knights/castles issue: The bonus either needs changed or the description.

It says a castle is +1 with every 2 knights. It needs to actually be every two or be re-worded.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:47 am

amundsentb wrote:Some of the hex names are bolder than others. Like C6 compared to N50. This may well be intentional but I just wanted to mention it.

I really like the way the map is. It looks amazing.

Thanks!! :)
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:48 am

chapcrap wrote:Ok, with the knights/castles issue: The bonus either needs changed or the description.

It says a castle is +1 with every 2 knights. It needs to actually be every two or be re-worded.

I could add a simple phrase like:

'not cumulative'
Major Kabanellas

Postby grunion on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am

This has quickly become my favorite map (I have been here since 2007.) Bravo! Can't wait for Kings Court III.

Playing the bottom right corner is tricky. Big gamble whether to go for early double catapults, as there's not a ton of income nearby.
Sergeant 1st Class grunion

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:05 am

Kabanellas wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Ok, with the knights/castles issue: The bonus either needs changed or the description.

I could add a simple phrase like:

'not cumulative'

Well, I'm not even sure how it really works, so I'm not sure the best way to rephrase it, but the word 'every' needs taken out if the bonus structure isn't going to change.

Can you explain how the bonus works?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Kabanellas on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:43 am

You get 1 army for every 2 Knights and 1 Castle, effect is not cumulative with other Castles
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 am

Kabanellas wrote:You get 1 army for every 2 Knights and 1 Castle, effect is not cumulative with other Castles

So, you need 2 castles and 4 knights to get the bonus again? Or will 2 castles and 2 knight give another bonus?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Kabanellas on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:05 am

it will only work for 1 castle, no matter the number of castles you have. That's why it's not a cumulative effect
Major Kabanellas

Postby dwilhelmi on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:44 pm

So it's more like "you get +1 for every two knights, as long as you control at least one castle"?

If so, the following key changes I think would make it more understandable:
1. Remove the Knights bonus from under the Castle key
2. Add a new line under Knights, something like "+1 for every two if you have a Castle"
3. Swap the sections about Village and Trebuchet due to space restrictions
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:52 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:So it's more like "you get +1 for every two knights, as long as you control at least one castle"?

If so, the following key changes I think would make it more understandable:
1. Remove the Knights bonus from under the Castle key
2. Add a new line under Knights, something like "+1 for every two if you have a Castle"
3. Swap the sections about Village and Trebuchet due to space restrictions

makes sense, I'll do it :)
Major Kabanellas

Postby amundsentb on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 am

I like how you have named areas on the map, for example the blue mines. Could you name more areas? The areas around the ports should be possible to name and you also have the space, with the water being featureless. I would say, the more names, the better, provided they don't clutter the map. Just a suggestion, don't know if it would be an improvement
Colonel amundsentb

Postby loutil on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

Great map and my new favorite. One point, however, is that it is difficult to connect the Noble family members to their respective castles. The symbols are nice but they leave you guessing? Is there someway to make the connection visual?
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:18 am

Thank you guys!

amundsentb wrote:I like how you have named areas on the map, for example the blue mines. Could you name more areas? The areas around the ports should be possible to name and you also have the space, with the water being featureless. I would say, the more names, the better, provided they don't clutter the map. Just a suggestion, don't know if it would be an improvement

Well, as for the names of possible locations.... I could (and will) try to add some more names on the next update :)

loutil wrote:Great map and my new favorite. One point, however, is that it is difficult to connect the Noble family members to their respective castles. The symbols are nice but they leave you guessing? Is there someway to make the connection visual?

I'm not seeing any better option honestly..... I guess that most people have their own way of doing it mentally. All castles are in sequence starting from HA to HJ clockwise direction, being that the nobles are placed from A to J from left to right. BOB might be very useful too :)
Major Kabanellas

Postby loutil on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

Kabanellas wrote:Thank you guys!

amundsentb wrote:I like how you have named areas on the map, for example the blue mines. Could you name more areas? The areas around the ports should be possible to name and you also have the space, with the water being featureless. I would say, the more names, the better, provided they don't clutter the map. Just a suggestion, don't know if it would be an improvement

Well, as for the names of possible locations.... I could (and will) try to add some more names on the next update :)

loutil wrote:Great map and my new favorite. One point, however, is that it is difficult to connect the Noble family members to their respective castles. The symbols are nice but they leave you guessing? Is there someway to make the connection visual?

I'm not seeing any better option honestly..... I guess that most people have their own way of doing it mentally. All castles are in sequence starting from HA to HJ clockwise direction, being that the nobles are placed from A to J from left to right. BOB might be very useful too :)

Actually, you cleared it up for me :). Did not realize the A - J. Thanks.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Deepfryer on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Love the map! I think the A17 Archer might be mis-labelled as S17.
Colonel Deepfryer

Postby Kabanellas on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:34 am

thanks and yes, that was already noticed. Will be corrected on the next update :)
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:32 pm

This has been a problem for me as well. I can usually figure it out after a little bit, but perhaps the nobles could actually be labeled.

And I don't think having to rely on BOB to figure out connections is a good solution at all. The majority of players on the site have no idea what BOB is.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby EdwinG on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:53 pm

The map states that for every 2 knights a castle gets an extra 1 troop. If I have 2 castles and 2 knights shouldn't I get an extra 2 troops? I didn't get it in game 11300448 (Round 10), I got only 1 extra troop. If I have 2 castles and 4 knights, will my extra be 4 troops?
High score: 3052 (January 2015) High Position: #75/3850 (March 2024)
Brigadier EdwinG

Postby dwilhelmi on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:51 pm

EdwinG wrote:The map states that for every 2 knights a castle gets an extra 1 troop. If I have 2 castles and 2 knights shouldn't I get an extra 2 troops? I didn't get it in game 11300448 (Round 10), I got only 1 extra troop. If I have 2 castles and 4 knights, will my extra be 4 troops?

No, the bonus is actually +1 for every two knights, as long as you hold at least one castle. The confusion over this bonus has already been noted, and I believe the wording for this bonus will be updated with the next update.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby hambone on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:48 pm

I think I see an issue with one of the trebuchet (an XML bug, perhaps?). T4 can bombard T3, but T3 cannot bombard T4. Since the both have a range of 6, shouldn't they both be able to bombard each other?

Sorry if this was already posted. I read back through the last to-do list, but not any further.
Sergeant 1st Class hambone

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas