Defend America [26 Mar 2014] Large v14a pg.8

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Defend America v3 [28 Jun 12] pg.1

Postby Campin_Killer on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 am

You really like blow, nuking, or generally breaking apart America, don't you? :P

It's definately something I'd play though, looks intresting.
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:Can you clarify what it means in the legend under Fighters?
"Attack Range of 1
Bombard range of 2
Can atack or bombard any region"
That last line seems inconsistent with the first two lines? I don't understand that...

Cool map :D

Reworded. It now reads "Can attack or bombard any unit"

Campin_Killer wrote:You really like blow, nuking, or generally breaking apart America, don't you? :P

It's definately something I'd play though, looks intresting.

Nah!!! Hope you come back soon to keep up with the updates!! :D

Changes made:
1 - Reworded as above
2 - Added in examples of attack/bombard ranges

Click image to enlarge.
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Do we really need the examples?
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:07 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Do we really need the examples?

Well you know how people are, so I want to make sure as much as possible that there is no mistaken what attacks/bombards what. If need be I can remove the examples later.
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:56 am

Euro - Russian Pact. Soviet sounds so 80s Rocky/Rambo.
All of the text that is for the fronts is almost unreadable and even hard to notice. Not really needed is it?
Are we getting a symbol for the infantry?
Black lines as impassable? And with the impassables, are they based on anything in particular?
An idea for you, how about giving each wave its own unique win condition but leave out the US troops from this. They just have to survive. :P
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 am

In 2154 after a century of US hostility, some of the nations decided to end the hostilities and made a co-ordinated attack. Taken by surprise, it was all the US could do to fight back. Your orders: Defend the country against overwhelming numbers!

This is the premise for the new map brought to you by isaiah40. After Fractured America and China, will this map sit nicely with the others we have? Would you like to see this game in the future and if so, do you see anything that might need changing?
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 am

koontz1973 wrote:Euro - Russian Pact. Soviet sounds so 80s Rocky/Rambo.

Nah Soviet, this is the future so who knows.
All of the text that is for the fronts is almost unreadable and even hard to notice. Not really needed is it?

It is needed as a name for the invasion waves. I'm working on the text.
Are we getting a symbol for the infantry?

No, as everything is top down, it would just be a circle pretty much
Black lines as impassable? And with the impassables, are they based on anything in particular?

Yes they are. Not really, just a line that really gives each player a change in the first couple of rounds.
An idea for you, how about giving each wave its own unique win condition but leave out the US troops from this. They just have to survive. :P

It possibly can be done, but then I would have to change the name of the map and call it "Attack America"
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 am

isaiah40 wrote:It possibly can be done, but then I would have to change the name of the map and call it "Attack America"

It could be possible with 6 players or less, you all attack America. A name change might be appropriate. O:)
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:45 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:It possibly can be done, but then I would have to change the name of the map and call it "Attack America"

It could be possible with 6 players or less, you all attack America. A name change might be appropriate. O:)

I wonder if more or less people would play "Defend America" vs "Attack America."

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby puppydog85 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:02 am

There used to be a board game that was close to this concept. Except each group had a laser tower in one territory that could recharge and nuke a region every so many turns.

So there is my great contribution to this map. Use it as you see fit. When do I get my map achievement medal?

Seriously, though, I like the concept.
Major puppydog85

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

I wonder if more or less people would play "Defend America" vs "Attack America."

--Andy

Any way we can find this out. Maybe a poll or something?
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

--Andy

Any way we can find this out. Maybe a poll or something?

My post was more of an idle rumination than a real interest in a poll. But I am still curious.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:33 am

Going to sticky this now isaiah40 and send you on your way in a couple of days.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:30 am

Nice map ;)!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Defend America v5 [31 Jul 12] pg.2

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 am

Reworded some of the instructions a bit to try and make it a little clearer.
Click image to enlarge.
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to Map Foundry