Conquer Club

Infection: The Flood are here (2/9) INFECTION WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Infection: Day 5: Last man standing (3/9)

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:41 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:so looks like Mil is a unlynchable townie... Vote QoH
hes gonna vote for me, so its up to you Mil... lol

I realise that but I was hoping you'd have a little more to say.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 am

militant wrote:

there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.

Who have you blocked, if anyone, on the previous nights?

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:11 am

OK. This is very interesting. I don't even know what to do from here. I need to look at this some more, and I"ll reply to everything that's been said so far.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 am

militant wrote:I don't get this. I would draw the opposite conclusion form the information you've presented. When I posted on day two to suggest we random lynch for more information, that would be of disadvantage to me if I were mafia. And then when I posted again I claimed a character from the game (as far as I can tell from the website that was quoted) and my power, which has now been proven, but you wouldn't of known that. And then I lynched a serial killer. Anyway, I struggle to see how you'd consider me more suspicious than a player who has done nothing and has tried to attract no attention to himself at all, and has made it to the last day. If I were mafia, I'd probably have lurked like CMS has done, because in my experience, it works.

I like also how the same offence can be indicative of two different alignments. You say I hurt the town by not being active, which I did (sorry again) but didn't CMS's inactivity has the same effect? How is it that you allow CMS the excuse of disinterest but don't consider the same thing for me? No offence Jak.

I don't really know how to respond to this... yes you've done a lot more than CMS, but as to you ynching the serial killer, I've seen people do a lot more to get the townies to trust them. But, you're town, so this is all behind us now.

militant wrote:
QoH wrote:I can back up whatever I've been saying with this information: I am a townie, Jacob Shepherd Spartan 202, and I have a few powers (killing, saving, tracking, watching). I can say that I tracked JG when there was a huge conspiracy around him, and found out that he was telling the truth when he said he had been watching people from the first night scene. He had visited CMS before he died, and CMS came up clean. Last night, I too watched CMS, who was visited by DiM who wanted more information on him. CMS, again, came up clean. While their various powers might have been different, DiM and JG both had a look at CMS and he came up clean in their eyes. If it was only one person who had visited CMS, I might have thought differently about this entire situation. But 2 green lights is hard to ignore.

How do you know that CMS was clean on the night that JG tracked him? How does the fact that DiM visited CMS constitute a green light? I take it you are a JOAT then? Am I right in thinking that you still have your last two powers intact? I searched on google on could find no mention of a player with the name you provided. Avery Johnson smokes cigars though. Isn't it strange that on the two nights that each of the fore-mentioned players visited CMS, they died?

I never even thought of it like that Militant. I was going off of what they were saying, and the way I interpreted the information I was reading through... I am a JOAT (I have 2 powers left, saving and killing), and names clearly don't matter too much, since there are other townies who don't match up. You're right though, CMS is more suspicious than I thought at first. I don't see how I missed the connection between DiM's and JG's death and their visits to CMS.

militant wrote:Okay, your vote is suspicious in the extreme because at the beginning of your post you said you were going to re-read, and yet by the end you'd voted me and encouraged an unconfirmed player (and one whom you've been very lenient on) to lynch me before I've even had a chance to speak. That isn't to mention my likely and now proven claim. How come you changed your mind in the time it took you to write your post?

I had started writing the post, and I had to leave the house, so I saved it as a draft. Instead of starting a new post, I read through some things and revised the draft to where it was. The first part of the post was from the earlier version before I read through the thread.

militant wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:Vote Mil

Seriously? That couldn't have been quicker if you tried. You didn't even type my full name.

Bandwagon much? I was wrong with my "logic" and it looked like CMS didn't even read all of it, if all he put were those 2 words. Kind of supports your theory he might be mafia, especially when coupled with the deaths of DiM and JG, as you pointed out.

Well now we're at a disagreement. :lol:

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.

No reasoning? I mean, you obviously don't need any. You obviously will say you're town (you said you're a roleblocker) and Militant is unlynchable. But, I'm a JoAT, so I'm obviously going to vote for you since I don't believe you.

However, there is much more evidence against you than there is for me. I've only worked with DiM (or so it feels like I've only been talking with him) about trying to find Mafia. I don't know what more you want me to have done to prove my innocence.

Therefor...

unvote vote CMS

Up to you now Mil.
Major QoH

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

militant wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.

DiM Nights 1-3, and you N4

the reason why i blocked DiM N1-3 is because there wasnt a kill N1, and i blocked him, so i was thinking that if i blocked him and there wasnt a kill, i was on a good lead.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

the reason why i blocked DiM N1-3 is because there wasnt a kill N1, and i blocked him, so i was thinking that if i blocked him and there wasnt a kill, i was on a good lead.

And yet you kept blocking him even after there were kills?
Major QoH

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:26 pm

QoH wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

he turned up ??? right? so obviously i did something right.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
QoH wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

he turned up ??? right? so obviously i did something right.

No, DiM was a townie... and he was killed. You kept blocking him, maybe from something useful.
Major QoH

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:12 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Crazy ~ QoH (L1)
QoH ~ CMS (L1)
Militant ~

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Deadline in about 6 hours.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 pm

MILITANT! GET IN HERE!
Major QoH

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks for the reminder QoH. I said I'd be back and here I am. Both roleblocker and JOAT make sense for such an admittedly unbalanced game. However I'm more likely to think CMS is lying and am guessing he is some sort of paranoid gun owner role. The fact that he has lurked while apparently being active in other games make me suspicious, coupled with the fact that he tried to quick lynch me now. I'm suspicious of QoH too because it was foolish to explain away CMS and allow him to quick lynch me. However I think CMS is the scummier.

Vote crazymilkshake5.

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:56 pm

gg mafia
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Crazy ~ QoH, Militant (LYNCH)
QoH ~ CMS (L1)
Militant ~

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Scene coming in about an hour or so ;)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Captain’s log
Frigate Halliday September 25th 2552

We found infection pods everywhere. We knew we couldn’t kill Sergeant Johnson, he’s the most known person aboard this ship and highly respected. Instead we were faced to either kill off the Spartan 202 or Holland. Knowing we’d need the Spartan if things got rough we raised our guns to Elizabeth. She begged for us not to kill her and pleaded that she stay alive. We did not believe her because the pod was burst, and the parasite was inside one of us. I took the .45 magnum myself and shot Holland’s brains all over the floor…

Elizabeth Holland (Crazymilkshake5) Town Roleblocker has been lynched.

… a little later we found out that the Spartan HAD been indeed infected. However with only so few of us left we were easily overpowered. Right now I’m hiding in my office with the last of the crew, Johnson is with us, we’re going to try and hold the line here, God help us all…
-
-
-
-
It.. Was easy.. Overpowering these humans. They did not stand a chance once they began fighting with one another. My minions spread as we’ve taken over the entire ship. The other aliens, the blue tall ones, the little orange and red ones with tanks on their backs… the huge ones with those metal plates on their arms. Weakened and easily taken over. There’s two humans left and I think I will save them for snacks…

Avery Johnson (Militant) Town Unlynchable has been ENDGAMED

Flood Parasite (QoH) Flood has WON
~Pancakemix
~Iron Butterfly
And
~DiM
Have also WON.

Night Actions and roles coming shortly.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:42 pm

ROLES

Vodean:

You are James Wiedfield, town VT

You have no power except your vote at day time.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated

Go confirm in thread

Iron Butterfly

You are Jessica Green town VT

You have no power except your vote at day time.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated

Go confirm in thread

Militant:

You are Sergeant Avery Johnson, Town Unlynchable. You are known among all your men, they fear and respect you, and each one of them would die for you before they ever harmed you.

You CANNOT be lynched in the day phase.

You win when all threats to town are gone.

Go confirm in thread.

Jgordon1111:

You are Commander Keyes. Daughter of Captain Keyes. You’ve been assigned to the Frigate Halliday for his mission to an unknown planet. You are the town Tracker. Keeping an eye on your men is important, so you do so vigorously. You MUST track someone each night. The results will be sent to you the following mourning.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Go confirm in thread.

Crazymilkshake5:

You are Elizabeth Holland, Town Roleblocker

Each night you may block one person, preventing them from using their Night Action

Go confirm in thread

QoH:

You are Jacob Shepherd Sprartan 202, Town JoAT
Through the Spartan III program you have learned to hone your skills as a combatant.

Each night you may Track/Watch/Kill/Save one person using only ONE of those four actions. You only have one use of each, so use them wisely.

Go confirm in thread

SPECIAL ROLES

Soundman:

You are Mark Steward, town flood survivor.

“They… They just took him man. They turned him inside out.. It was horrible.. HORRIBLE!”
“They’re here! They’re here I tell you!”
“They’re coming to get me.. Oh god!!!”
In EACH of your posts. You must use each quote at least once a day and cannot use more than 1 in a post to satisfy this requirement.

You know there is flood out there and you cannot be touched by them. In fact.. There are MANY flood out there. However, your role prevents you from saying so. The most you can do is say one of the above 3 quotes. Any other mention of the flood and you will be mod killed. Your role prevents you from speaking about the flood properly so you cannot mention them at all. If you are forced to claim you can only claim your name and that you are a survivor. Any more than that will result in a mod kill.

You win when the flood are eliminated.

Go confirm in thread.

(If targeted by flood at night)

You are Mark Steward, 3rd party Serial Killer and Survivor

After being targeted by the flood once more and surviving you are desperate to survive. You whip out your pistol and are ready to shoot anyone and anything if they get too close.

Each night you MUST target someone to kill. You win if you survive until endgame.

DiM:

You are Anthony Alexander, Town Experimenter

You do not know what you are looking for but each night you will target someone. If they are what you are looking for something will happen. If they are not nothing will happen.

Go confirm in thread.

Who was originally Scientist but got changed to Experimenter when he brought forth that Scientist was already taken. He had a VERY special role in that he didn't know some of his actions (Literally he'd have to had tested everything) and that almost every situation was unique.

~Targets a VT, nothing happens
~Targets Soundman as town, Soundman is cured of everything and he will not become 3rd party
~Targets Soundman as 3rd party, DiM dies.
~Targets JOAT, JOAT gets an extra ability: Busdrive
~Targets any other PR, nothing happens
~Targets Infected (if not infected that night), becomes 3rd party survivor
~Targets person being infected, kills infection
~Targets a dead person, learns how they died/what roles they were (for ??? people)
~Targets a person as they die from another reason, steals their power role and loses experimentation ability if they have a power role.

Some of those are really messed up I know, but I was hoping the name would give away that he can experiment some things ;)

Pancakemix:

You are INFECTED Parasite form

In the night phase you choose someone to infect. Your role will be passed down to them as you die. You MUST infect someone at night. As the game goes on the ‘infected’ player will receive whatever information the person before them had.

Each infected player gets to use whatever ability they had the night they infect someone. The person who gets infected will be the person who receives any information the player before them had + the action made by the last infected.

You win if the infection kills off the town.

Go confirm in thread.

Night actions coming soon (and you'll see why some things turned out the way they did XDD)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 pm

NIGHT ACTIONS

Night One:
PCM infects Soundman (learns that soundman is Uninfectable Flood Survivor)
JG visits QoH (QoH went no where)
QoH doesn't send in a night action
CMS blocks DiM
DiM experiments on Vodean (Blocked by CMS)

Night Two:
PCM infects Iron B (Passes down info on Soundman)
JG tracks Iron B (Iron B went no where)
CMS blocks DiM
Soundman kills Vodean
DiM experiments on JG (Blocked by CMS)

Night Three:
Iron B infects DiM (Passes down info on Soundman)
JG tracks CMS (CMS went no where)
QoH tracks JG (JG visits CMS)
CMS doesn't send in a night action
Soundman kills JG
DiM experiments on JG (Steals his tracker ability)

Night Four:
QoH Watches CMS (DiM visits CMS)
CMS blocks Militant
DiM infects QoH and tracks CMS (Passes QoH info on Soundman and that CMS visited Militant)

Doesn't it feel nice to be done guys? ;) I think I SERIOUSLY overpowered town and they still lost o.e I forget who, I think DiM or IB mentioned D2 about what PCM was or exactly how the set up was going, and no one said anything about it since... Like with the roles I gave you and the knowledge one of them presented.. wow.. XD
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Infection: The Flood are here (2/9) INFECTION WINS!

Postby vodean on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:07 pm

thanks sound, way to kill me off early.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm

It was DiM who said that there could have been an infection going around...
Major QoH

Postby soundman on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 pm

vodean wrote:thanks sound, way to kill me off early.

You're welcome. :D I didn't believe a VT claim in this game. Though everyone would have a PR.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby vodean on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

soundman wrote:
vodean wrote:thanks sound, way to kill me off early.

You're welcome. :D I didn't believe a VT claim in this game. Though everyone would have a PR.

i dont remember saying thanks :evil:
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: Infection: Day 2: Lone Grunt (9/9)

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 pm

we won, we won =D>

now it's bragging time: :lol:

first i had this whole thing spot on:
DiM wrote:2. what if there isn't even a mafia? what if each night infection spreads and we have to find a solution to stopping it? let's say we have an alien life form that sucks life out of people. one of us started as an infected, at N1 he chooses a target for the alien to move. once the alien moves the initial host dies and the new host has to pick the next target and so on. basically in this scenario we'd have to anticipate who's the current infected and kill him thus killing the alien. (btw if this isn't what's going on here it might be a good idea for a new game :P )

second, i knew something was fishy about soundman using those quotes:

DiM wrote:[...] i realised soundman has these weird quotes in all his posts so i thought maybe his role says he's an alien and he must include weird quotes in all posts and i thought i was onto something [...]

sadly nobody kinda took them seriously and i didn't push it any further.

i have to say this whole game was fricking amazing, at least for me. i was in the dark from the start, not knowing what my power is and how it can affect the game. then i was blocked for the first 2 nights and just when i started using my power i was infected.
this infection came in a very weird moment and the circumstances were kinda messed up because i had written a lot about who might be what and how i suspect this and that and now all of a sudden i wasn't town aligned. plus i had an uninfectable guy (soundman) on my lap so the only way to get rid of him was by lynch and i had to do it that same day before i die at night.
i had previously pointed fingers at militand and crazy plus the day started with me being voted but somehow i managed to get soundman lynched after writing a long theory explaining how militant and crazy actually look legit :P
i think the whole secret was writing long posts that nobody reads but they assume true since nobody would bother writing that much bull :lol:
anyway with soundman lynched i had 3 options to infect (qoh, militant, crazy). jak asked me why i didn't go for the unlynchable townie (militant) and the reason i didn't do that was that i was afraid he'd slip away from the game again or not really pay attention to what's going on, plus i really wasn't 100% convinced by his claim. it seemed too overpowered for such a short game. plus militant and crazy were the obvious lynching targets at that point after all i had written.
crazy was out of my plans because i was afraid he was gonna get lynched.
so i had qoh, who i had already painted town, plus he was active and clearly struggling to help town so he was pretty safe from lynch. so i infected him hoping he'll get crazy killed and militant infected at night.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I got worried when sound flipped bulletproof. I felt like I was gonna get lynched on Day 2 for some reason. Making him an SK helped us out in the long run, I think.

This was a cool idea, jak. Even though my role forced an early exit, it was still interesting to observe in the know.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:56 pm

pancakemix wrote:I got worried when sound flipped bulletproof. I felt like I was gonna get lynched on Day 2 for some reason. Making him an SK helped us out in the long run, I think.

This was a cool idea, jak. Even though my role forced an early exit, it was still interesting to observe in the know.

Aye, the test seems to work out perfectly. Mafia is in danger with only ONE mafia, but at an advantage of leaving a cold trail when they die ;)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 pm

While the game was interesting it was also frustrating. The 24 hr day night cycle on a holiday weekend really hurt Town. In fact Town was at a severe disadvantage due to the nature of the infection.

I really felt I was on to a good lead on gordon but I guess that played right into mafia hands. I was second man infected and by then gordon and i were emeshed and paranoid of each other.

Good job on the endgame guys.

Good job jak. I think the game would be better served if Town had longer cycles as 3 nnolynch in a row hurt town.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives