Conquer Club

Dice Stats Manipulation

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Dice Stats Manipulation

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Dibbun wrote:I would love it if everyone would shut the f*ck up about the dice. I'm glad chess doesn't deal with dice because those players are a lot more though not completely accepting of losses being their own damn fault.

Damn I wish that they would come up with a more appropriate name for this game we play based on the risk that is inherent in attacking and defending...

And go tell the English that they had lucky dice at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, after all they were greatly outnumbered by the French...

=D> :lol:
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

rhp 1 wrote:the only thing I will say about the dice stats (the reason i'm not a big fan of them) is that most people simply look at the % +/- and make conclusions based on that... in other words, they see -20% attacking and think they've had horrible dice... the % says nothing about what actually took place in any particular battle... you could be rolling all 2's which gives you a poor % but if your opponents rolling 1's you're still winning the battles... all and all, dice stats are worthless... take the game less seriously and just play

a couple weeks ago I looked at mine and it said -70% attack and -45% defend.... it was right in the middle of me winning about 15 games in a row...

That is why the page for 'Battle Outcomes' is also helpful to look at.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:the only thing I will say about the dice stats (the reason i'm not a big fan of them) is that most people simply look at the % +/- and make conclusions based on that... in other words, they see -20% attacking and think they've had horrible dice... the % says nothing about what actually took place in any particular battle... you could be rolling all 2's which gives you a poor % but if your opponents rolling 1's you're still winning the battles... all and all, dice stats are worthless... take the game less seriously and just play

a couple weeks ago I looked at mine and it said -70% attack and -45% defend.... it was right in the middle of me winning about 15 games in a row...

That is why the page for 'Battle Outcomes' is also helpful to look at.

--Andy

of course andy... tbh... I smacked myself upside the head when I looked at the stat page in the first place... who gives a shit... conspiracy theorists and nerds in their parents basement? find a hobby.. or better yet, a girlfriend... ask someone if you don't know what a girlfriend is....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:16 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Agent 86 wrote:f*ck you monkey, you have no idea..get some coding behind you before you play the smart arse..gone from this site for good.

And Lack, poor coding..so many errors,

bye bye..yeah and don't let the door hit me on the way back..truly this site sucks

Is there any proof you would accept that the dice aren't manipulated or 'poorly coded' whatever that means? What do you have in mind?

--Andy

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. WE NEED A RECOUNT! The dice were not fair!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby chang50 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:16 am

Agent 86 wrote:f*ck you monkey, you have no idea..get some coding behind you before you play the smart arse..gone from this site for good.

And Lack, poor coding..so many errors,

bye bye..yeah and don't let the door hit me on the way back..truly this site sucks

If only you would go quietly..
Captain chang50

Postby spiesr on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:14 pm

donkeymile wrote:I've always suspected the dice stats were bullshit - found it odd how almost everyone was sitting around 0%.

Starting watching more closely and noticed thigns not adding up. Then tonight my opponent hits a neutral and then 3 of mine that had 2 troops apiece on them - stats show 1 win 5 losses on 3v2 .... pure bullshit.

thats my rant - and I stick to it ... not the first time I have seen discrepencies either.
Are you sure that you were looking at the "Overall dice rolls" section and not mistakenly the "Recent dice rolls section"?
Captain spiesr

Postby donkeymile on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:20 pm

I was looking at the 'recent battle outcomes' more or less real time as they happened. I started doing that a while ago and have noticed that odd things happen sometimes - odd as in that what it shows doesn't match what actually happened.

Sometimes a player can be playing other games so I've been careful to rule that out too.
Captain donkeymile

Postby GoranZ on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:09 pm

@donkeymile If you think that there is a bug, can u document it? Screen shots before, in between and after battles from dice stats and BOB screen shots from the part of the game when those battles occurred. If u find anomaly post them into this thread and u will most likely get logical explanation from someone.

I'm observing dice stats feature regularly(only battle outcomes) from very beginning of the implementation and I haven't found any bugs so far... Personally I doubt that I will find bugs regardless of how much I look.
The code for the dice stats is soo simple so the chance for a bug in there is 0%(lack takes top X rows and summarizes them).

P.S. I already found a bug in the game and reported it(it was fixed few hours after my report) + I work as software developer in RL so u can consider my post as valuable.

BTW you can freely complain about the representation of the Dice Stats, that is not quite perfect and could use some improvements.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby donkeymile on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Just happened AGAIN - pure bullshit manipulation

12v7 ended 1v6 and the dice stats showed that I was 8 wins 4 losses - sry no screenshots.

So sick of this bullshit - I see it so consistently its no wonder all the dice odds stats look to be around 0% .. how convenient.
Captain donkeymile

Postby Dibbun on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am

donkeymile wrote:Just happened AGAIN - pure bullshit manipulation

12v7 ended 1v6 and the dice stats showed that I was 8 wins 4 losses - sry no screenshots.

So sick of this bullshit - I see it so consistently its no wonder all the dice odds stats look to be around 0% .. how convenient.

So that means after 2 or 3 vs 7 or 6 you suicided down to 1v6...

Quit blaming the dice :lol:
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby donkeymile on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 am

I absolutely did suicide - it was trench and he had 2 bonus - the 12 v7 was merely the end of a bad game.

And I wasn't blaming the dice for the loss btw - was only complaining that what happened wasn't accurately reflected in the stats .

Ultimately in this game the better players are going to rise above bad dice more often than not - I don't blame the dice so much - I just hate when they ruin a good game.
Captain donkeymile

Postby nicestash on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:28 am

donkeymile wrote:I absolutely did suicide - it was trench and he had 2 bonus - the 12 v7 was merely the end of a bad game.

And I wasn't blaming the dice for the loss btw - was only complaining that what happened wasn't accurately reflected in the stats .

Ultimately in this game the better players are going to rise above bad dice more often than not - I don't blame the dice so much - I just hate when they ruin a good game.

I have a solution... Let's get RID of the dice! :D
Major nicestash

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion