Conquer Club

Mrs Semper [closed] BG

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Mrs Semper [closed] BG

Postby smegal69 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 am

Accused: Mrs Semper

Mrs Semper

The accused are suspected of:

Other: dead beating games

Game number(s):

Game 11340973

Comments: read her feed back, and see that she makes a habit out of dead beating as soon as she looks like losing
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Re: Mrs Semper

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

She (?) also seems to mostly play 1v1 speed games, where deadbeating isn't such a huge issue. Also worth noting is that a lot of the rating tags left saying "deadbeat" might not be considered deadbeating by all- i.e., she was still eliminated conventionally.

A warning might be in order, but I don't see this as as serious an issue in the types of games she plays.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Mrs Semper

Postby smegal69 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:00 am

Symmetry wrote:She (?) also seems to mostly play 1v1 speed games, where deadbeating isn't such a huge issue. Also worth noting is that a lot of the rating tags left saying "deadbeat" might not be considered deadbeating by all- i.e., she was still eliminated conventionally.

A warning might be in order, but I don't see this as as serious an issue in the types of games she plays.

+100 % from me
Lieutenant smegal69

Re: Mrs Semper [pending] BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 am

thank you for bringing this to our attention. if you have any more info or any details pertinent to the case please feel free to add them. in the meantime we'll take a look at the situation and analyse it and we'll provide you with an answer as quick as possible.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:38 am

BGtheBrain wrote:thank you for bringing this to our attention. if you have any more info or any details pertinent to the case please feel free to add them. in the meantime we'll take a look at the situation and analyse it and we'll provide you with an answer as quick as possible.

simple check another players account (no names mentioned) if that player has missed then closed if that player hasnt in the time period then it is. and no not multis.
Major eddie2

Postby hmsps on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:50 am

until you get some sort of way of ending games earlier this will happen. I play a lot of das schloss trench 20 round limit. Usually the game is over in 5/6 rounds sometimes earlier
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby agentcom on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 pm

hmsps wrote:until you get some sort of way of ending games earlier this will happen. I play a lot of das schloss trench 20 round limit. Usually the game is over in 5/6 rounds sometimes earlier

Apparently that doesn't matter. I asked about this in another report: Is it still considered intentional deadbeating (in the sense of a rules violation) to do so to shorten the game? The answer I was given by a mod was yes.

If someone wanted to, they could go back through my speed games and report me for this as I have admitted I was doing just that in the game chat. (I really hope no one takes me up on this.) As I'm sure you could go through a lot of speed games (especially Das Schl.) and find the same.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm

eddie2 wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:thank you for bringing this to our attention. if you have any more info or any details pertinent to the case please feel free to add them. in the meantime we'll take a look at the situation and analyse it and we'll provide you with an answer as quick as possible.

simple check another players account (no names mentioned) if that player has missed then closed if that player hasnt in the time period then it is. and no not multis.

You can mention names if you want. No I haven't missed any turns. No multis.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby smegal69 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 pm

hmsps wrote:until you get some sort of way of ending games earlier this will happen. I play a lot of das schloss trench 20 round limit. Usually the game is over in 5/6 rounds sometimes earlier

i think there should be a button like "tip the board over" when you hit it, is asks the other player/team if they accept the other teams surrender if they choose yes .... game over, everyone happy

but until then it's nice to play your turns out or at least tell the other guy "GG, i quit" rather than just walking away and foeing the person
Lieutenant smegal69

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 am

I havent found any other games where the accused deadbeat, except the initial reported game. If there are no more examples, Ill go ahead and mark this noted for the future and close it out.
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: Mrs Semper [closed] BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 am

Im marking this closed for lack of evidence.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby sprucey on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 pm

I've been moved to search her name in the forum to complain. She deadbeat the speed game with me after just one turn making some comment "in joy your last game against me". If she loses I suspect this is what she does. A rating less than 4 is rare. No one should have to play against her, she should be booted.
Corporal sprucey

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Game 11971397 is the one being referred to.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Closed C&A Reports