Conquer Club

Holding Rank

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Holding Rank

Postby shasha16 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Just had my first demotion last week, from sergeant back down to corporal first class. Just got my sergeant stripes back, the issues is keeping them this time. At what level does it become difficult to hold onto your rank.
Sergeant shasha16

Re: Holding Rank

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:08 pm

That depends on how good you are and what type of games you play.

I usually stay around a major, but last week I was below. And I've been above 2900 before as well.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby SaviorShot on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm

I stay at major but from time to time spike up to colonel like I am now but usually in a week or 2 I will drop back down to major. If I play a lot of speed it will drop even faster. I held sgt rank for a my 1st year on CC. Not because I was noob or anything it was just getting use to all the settings there are and maps.
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby SaviorShot on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Best way to hold ur rank is to not play people that are under ur rank so when u lose it's not a lot but when u win it is a lot.
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 am

Find a map you are extremely good at, find out specific settings that you feel comfortable with, then put them out in the public. You won't win all of them, but most of them. For me, it is 8 man Assassin Middle Ages games.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby eddie2 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Find a map you are extremely good at, find out specific settings that you feel comfortable with, then put them out in the public. You won't win all of them, but most of them. For me, it is 8 man Assassin Middle Ages games.

terminator with higher ranks is also good make sure you get 1 kill against 1 of the higher ranks then whoever kills you it guarantees you will come out of the game plus on points.
Major eddie2

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:24 am

Here's some great advice: stop caring about your rank

Play different settings on different maps against different players. Yes you will lose, and lose often, but you will become a well-rounded player. I can't imagine avoiding playing a superior chess player in a rated game just because I was worried about losing points - I would not be exposed to a better player and their better playing style.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Catarah on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 am

what dibbun said. you should either just play for fun, and you'll probably get better over time anyway, or you should focus on only one gametype, but never take risks in joining other games, as that'll ruin your score.

i know which one i'd rather pick...
Captain Catarah

Postby pitrules88 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

I'd say when you get to Field Marshal it will be hard to hold your rank unless you stop playing or are very selective of the games you join.
Brigadier pitrules88

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 pm

2000 points is a baseline with the better players on here... you need to find a map/settings you're strong on so if you go on a bad streak you can recharge... I'd say all and all holding brig or higher is the toughest unless you have a map/settings that you dominate on and play almost exclusively (boring and takes a lot of discipline)... if you play a wide variety of maps, # players, settings, 1900+ is good...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Crazyirishman on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:38 pm

rhp 1 wrote:2000 points is a baseline with the better players on here... you need to find a map/settings you're strong on so if you go on a bad streak you can recharge... I'd say all and all holding brig or higher is the toughest unless you have a map/settings that you dominate on and play almost exclusively (boring and takes a lot of discipline)... if you play a wide variety of maps, # players, settings, 1900+ is good...

I agree with a lot of this, whenever I hit a rough patch I just start playing more team games and/ or random 4 man flat rate games and I'll usually pop up a couple hundred points within a few weeks. Though there are a select few that can play a wide variety of maps/ settings and hold at least brig, but they tend to stay completely away form crapshoot settings.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby skychaser on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 am

Best way of holding ranks is joining a strong team then feed on cooks in team games.
It's not fun though.

What I do is only play 8 players free for all games and I'm ok with it. Bad thing about 8 players is that it can need a little bit of luck.
Good thing is it can give you more than 100 points per victory.
Also it needs a little bit of skill and momentum for victory.
Colonel skychaser

Postby codierose on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:19 pm

go to live chat invite as many newbies noobs etc as you can you never know you could make it to conquerer sooner than you think :D
personally i like just playing for medals you will find as you pick up the medals your rank will improve have fun. CC will love you and hate you
all hail randombullshit.org
Major codierose

Postby Agent 86 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:23 am

codierose wrote:go to live chat invite as many newbies noobs etc as you can you never know you could make it to conquerer sooner than you think :D
personally i like just playing for medals you will find as you pick up the medals your rank will improve have fun. CC will love you and hate you

So funny and where is the fun of beating noobs. But with the randombullshit.org you will not rise to to the top unless you manipulate your games.

Boring CC..fix the set up you have..

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby QoH on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
codierose wrote:go to live chat invite as many newbies noobs etc as you can you never know you could make it to conquerer sooner than you think :D

So funny and where is the fun of beating noobs. But with the randombullshit.org you will not rise to to the top unless you manipulate your games.

Boring CC..fix the set up you have..

I can stay at a solid captain to major rank playing random, nuclear trench games 1v1. It's really no fun to specialize in 1 map or setting. PLaying for medals and lpaying clan games are what make this site fun.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:32 pm

When I stick to team games I easily stay above 2500 but when I start playing 1v1s or any type of standard games with lower ranks no matter how many I win (unless its like 50%) I can't stay up because when lower ranks win they take like 40 points.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Kiron on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 pm

it's fairly hard...i can't even play so many games unless they are beta maps or specialized maps that I know inside out
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby chang50 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:26 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:When I stick to team games I easily stay above 2500 but when I start playing 1v1s or any type of standard games with lower ranks no matter how many I win (unless its like 50%) I can't stay up because when lower ranks win they take like 40 points.

It's very hard for players who like 1v1 to rise beyond Major,a few have done but they are exceptionally good.When I manage to claw my way up to 2000 points,I find I have to win 2.5 games for every loss just to hold rank.
Captain chang50

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 am

2.5 would have been nice....
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Does this mean the OP is actually a wosre player and gets a leg up by his teammates? Or is he just worse in singles....
I think you should make the pointtransfer about the highest ranked in the team.. effectively making teamgames into single games, instead of effective pointfarming,.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:22 pm

chang50 wrote:When I manage to claw my way up to 2000 points,I find I have to win 2.5 games for every loss just to hold rank.

I find this to be unbelievable. You have to win 71% of your games to break even? Maybe as a Brig or higher. Not as a major.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chang50 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:14 am

chapcrap wrote:
chang50 wrote:When I manage to claw my way up to 2000 points,I find I have to win 2.5 games for every loss just to hold rank.

I find this to be unbelievable. You have to win 71% of your games to break even? Maybe as a Brig or higher. Not as a major.

Maybe a small exaggeration,but it certainly feels that way when a succession of cooks and cadets join my games as can happen.Btw I'm not whinging,I choose to play 1v1,starting games,so I accept the downside.
Captain chang50

Postby pmchugh on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 pm

chapcrap wrote:

He would be playing ranks of slightly above 1200 on average, which isn't too unrealistic if you are starting public games.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby agentcom on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:37 pm

I thought for sure I'd hold on to my hat the last time I got it based on the games I was involved in. Alas, no luck. What chap said earlier is exactly right. It will depend on what types of games you're playing. For example, I consider myself a fairly solid player who likes to mix up maps and settings. I join a fair share of tournaments and also have multiple groups of people that I like to play with whether it's dubs, trips or quads. I have a couple go to maps that I know I'll gain points on, but I don't like to have too many games of the same type going on at a time. I don't think that I'm in danger of losing these swords anytime soon, but I know that it's going to be awhile before I'll hold on to a hat for any extended period of time. So for my style of play, I'd say it gets "hard" for me to hold on to my rank at colonel. If I played exclusively 1 v 1 games on my strongest maps, it would probably start getting hard much higher than that.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chang50 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 pm

agentcom wrote:I thought for sure I'd hold on to my hat the last time I got it based on the games I was involved in. Alas, no luck. What chap said earlier is exactly right. It will depend on what types of games you're playing. For example, I consider myself a fairly solid player who likes to mix up maps and settings. I join a fair share of tournaments and also have multiple groups of people that I like to play with whether it's dubs, trips or quads. I have a couple go to maps that I know I'll gain points on, but I don't like to have too many games of the same type going on at a time. I don't think that I'm in danger of losing these swords anytime soon, but I know that it's going to be awhile before I'll hold on to a hat for any extended period of time. So for my style of play, I'd say it gets "hard" for me to hold on to my rank at colonel. If I played exclusively 1 v 1 games on my strongest maps, it would probably start getting hard much higher than that.

Are you sure about the final part of your post,I think a Major playing 1v1 is equivalent to at least a Colonel playing multiple games,would take a lot of proving either way.
Captain chang50

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion