Conquer Club

CERN: LHC

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CERN: LHC

Postby Larkin2 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi there,

This is my first time posting on this forum, the first map that I want to develop, and the idea is still on a very early stage, so please bear with me :-). The idea that I have is to make a map based on the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) at CERN. The image would be something like http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... TCC9j1v8Nm There are two rings (red and blue in the image), and they intersect at four points (the experiments: ALICE, ATLAS, CMS and LHCb). The two rings are only one way (like in 'Circus Maximus'), one clockwise and the other anti clockwise. This way, you have to get to the experiments to be able to change rings. As an add-on, I was thinking that we could add also a territory that could be attacked only from each experiment representing some of the research that can be done there: ALICE can one way attack 'Plasma', LHCb 'Anti-matter', and both CMS and ATLAS can attack 'Higgs'.
These 'research' territories are the ones that give the bonuses.

I know that this is quite geeky, so before going further I wanted to know if I'm the only geek around, or if there would be interest in such a map :-)

Name:CERN: LHC
Larkin2 (and any other volunteers would be welcomed)
Number of territories: 27x2 for the rings + 4 for experiments + 3 research
Special Features: The two rings are one way. The experiments can one way attack the research. Research areas can't attack anything. They just provide bonuses
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: This is quite different from most of the other maps...

Map Image: Not ready yet

Cheers,

Larkin
Colonel Larkin2

Re: CERN: LHC

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 pm

You are not the only geek, but a science experiment, really. :roll: But I do like the idea of another CM style map. But here is a similar idea that really would get me salivating, car wars. You have the basic principle already but set it on a motorway/freeway around a city. How many times have we all be stuck in traffic just waiting for the prat in front to get moving.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 am

I think this could be interesting, and would like to see a draft. Would there by an copyright issues?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Larkin2 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:41 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure that there won't be copyright issues. At the end of the day, this is publicity for CERN ;-). At the same time, I will contact the CERN outreach group to confirm it.
Colonel Larkin2

Postby carlpgoodrich on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 pm

GO PHYSICS!!!! I love this idea!
Lieutenant carlpgoodrich

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas