Conquer Club

[Rules] Limit total number of missed turns allowed

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: limit for no-consecutive missing turns

Postby agentcom on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't think that we need to do this. Players that miss a ton of turns within a game face the simple punishment of losing the game (as long as everyone else plays well and there aren't crazy dice). The exception to this occurs in really long games, where missed turns don't matter so much. But even in these games, it's hard to justify kicking a player out after 3 missed turns in a 90 round game.

Chap's idea of having a ratio makes more sense, but I hardly think it should be as low as 3/100.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby A.D. on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm not speaking of just 3 turns. In game 11108509 we're on round 94: blue has missed 12 of them.
Colonel A.D.

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 pm

A.D. wrote:I'm not speaking of just 3 turns. In game 11108509 we're on round 94: blue has missed 12 of them.

Well, yes...

Perhaps it should be 3 consecutive or a percentage with limits.

Maybe 10% and it take effect once the game has hit 50 rounds or something like that...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby A.D. on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:04 pm

sounds good to me :)
Colonel A.D.

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 pm

What would really make sense is say X% (10% let's say) or 3, whichever is greater. So if you're going with 10%, after 30 rounds it will use the percentage.
Private blakebowling

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

blakebowling wrote:What would really make sense is say X% (10% let's say) or 3, whichever is greater. So if you're going with 10%, after 30 rounds it will use the percentage.

I don't think 3/30 is enough. Maybe 4 or 5, but other than that, I like it. Well like it better than what's been said so far. But I don't mind the current system either. What kinds of games are people joining that missed turns really bother them?
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:22 pm

agentcom wrote:
blakebowling wrote:What would really make sense is say X% (10% let's say) or 3, whichever is greater. So if you're going with 10%, after 30 rounds it will use the percentage.

I don't think 3/30 is enough. Maybe 4 or 5, but other than that, I like it. Well like it better than what's been said so far. But I don't mind the current system either. What kinds of games are people joining that missed turns really bother them?

I'm fine with blake's proposal.

The thing is, I don't think this would effect that many games, but I have experienced a couple of people doing this in my games and it does get irritating.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby PapaGeek on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 pm

I think it should be something like 3 of the last 5 turns. If you miss two turn, you have to take the next 3 – or else, but once you do take 3,4 or 5, turns in a row, you can be lax again!

As far as casual players, missing multiple games hurts them more than anyone else. Many of us play 25 or 30 games because it takes so many days sometimes until your next move. I’ve been in many 8 player games were the average was a move every 3 or 4 days. When a new player can only be in 4 games, waiting that long between move is a major hurt and a reason they give up on us.
Major PapaGeek

Postby A.D. on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:55 am

you know I get aware something isn't working well enough playing game 11108509

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11108509

The game has just finished: 121 rounds, blue player miss 28 of them. Nobody can think this is acceptable. I hope we achieve common ground in the formula, but a deadbeat limit must be implemented in any case.

I agree to the proposed 10% missing round with minimum
Colonel A.D.

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:29 pm

A.D. wrote:you know I get aware something isn't working well enough playing game 11108509

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11108509

The game has just finished: 121 rounds, blue player miss 28 of them. Nobody can think this is acceptable. I hope we achieve common ground in the formula, but a deadbeat limit must be implemented in any case.

I agree to the proposed 10% missing round with minimum

That's ridiculous. That's almost a month of dead time for that game.

Of all the potential changes to make stricter limits on missed turns, I like this one the most. I don't think it would affect a lot of games, but 28 missed turns in a 121 round game does strike me as excessive. I would support something like a rule that you get kicked out for (a) 3 consecutive or (b) 10% of turns after the 40th or 50th round.

EDIT: FYI, looking at the above cited game, it looks like under such a system blue would have been kicked out after his 5th missed turn in round 50, if I counted right. If you have to miss more than 10%, then it would have been after his 6th miss in Round 59. Either way, it would have saved 20+ missed turns. Fortunately for you guys this was freestyle, so the missed turns didn't actually leave a whole day of dead time.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby nudge on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 am

It seems missed turns is a very common thread in the suggestion Forum. :roll:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=176064

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=175703

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=175250

Surely its about time the mods do something about. :!:

Perhaps the easiest option is to add a selection in the "Start A Game" page that allows the game creator to pick whether he wants to allow players to miss turns or not. This will appease the so called "Casual Game" players claim and will also appease the rest of us who are feed up with people missing turns.

Perhaps the mods could send out a poll to all in CC and get a real opinion on what we who pay to play want. =D>
Private 1st Class nudge

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:10 pm

This totally drags out games and I hate it as well. Why does it have to be 3 consecutive anyway? Just make it 3 period so everyone can get on with the game. The game wasn't designed to be played with turns missed anyway.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby waltero on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 am

I say first missed turn is OK second missed turn results in a loss of four hours. You then have 20 hours to do a turn. And keep losing four hours every time a player misses a turn.
And once you are down to seven missed turns (0 hours) you are Kicked from the game.

Probably to complicated to implement something like this
Cook waltero

Postby darth emperor on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 am

Funkyterrance wrote:This totally drags out games and I hate it as well. Why does it have to be 3 consecutive anyway? Just make it 3 period so everyone can get on with the game. The game wasn't designed to be played with turns missed anyway.

You know how easy is to miss 3 non consecutive turns in a game?? Maybe for 10 rounds I would agree with you, but 100 rounds(plus if is it 8 players) missing 3 turns would be quite easy

waltero wrote:I say first missed turn is OK second missed turn results in a loss of four hours. You then have 20 hours to do a turn. And keep losing four hours every time a player misses a turn.
And once you are down to seven missed turns (0 hours) you are Kicked from the game.

Probably to complicated to implement something like this

And if everytime you get less hours, it will be easier to miss a turn, this would encourage to miss a turn
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby waltero on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Quote:
And if everytime you get less hours, it will be easier to miss a turn, this would encourage to miss a turn.

Maybe so...but will not drag out the game as much. And rid deadbeats from game a bit faster.
I am sure there are those that use this (missing a turn) as a strategy. This might curb that Idea...or be more useful to them?

Really doesn't bother me much. Just throwing it out there. Might be somebody draw a better idea playing off this one.
Cook waltero

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

How about every time you miss a turn, a die is rolled. If it's a six, you are booted from the game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:34 pm

yeah I like the 10% or the 5 turns rule. lose for making people waste their time long enough, period.

and and speaking of which, sometimes in trench games decided games take so long to finish that it encourages an agreed deadbeating. in those cases maybe waltero's suggestion about lesser time for each missed turn wouldn t be to bad..
Major betiko

Postby waltero on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Why not use a persons Attendance. If a persons attendance falls below a certain percent...there profile and rating take a hit.

paste re nob above there name and they can only challenge players with ratings no higher than private!
Or just demote them.
Cook waltero

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:22 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:How about every time you miss a turn, a die is rolled. If it's a six, you are booted from the game.

Bumped.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Arama86n on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:11 am

I support this change in whatever form it is implemented. A few points though;
I think 10 missed turns should be a limit period, at least for games of under 100rounds. I mean common, 90% turns taken? 5 would be even better.

One argument against this is the "foe and move on" rhetoric. But for people playing certain types of public games people missing turns is a daily occurrence, and just because it doesn't affect some of you doesn't mean it should be looked at.

At least you CAN foe mods now, which is needed. I was hugely supportive of this type of suggestion before when it wasn't so. I was in a game with MeDeFe or whatever she is called, and she missed 10 turns or so, was getting really annoying.

In closing I'll be supportive of this change no matter who harsh the final result is; if it is decided that 3 missed turns period and your expelled for the game, so be it. If I miss three turns my opponents shouldn't have to put up with me any more. Personally though, I'd say 5 is a good number. I'm sure I've missed 3 turns in long flat-rate games before, but 5? ...
Major Arama86n

Postby Goober on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm

I would love for it to be something along the lines of 3 non-consecutive missed turns in any match before say the 15th round gets you kicked, and after that some sort of limit like adding one for every 10 rounds. I know its just a game and I enjoy every game I play, even those that have poor players that cost you time or the game or whatever but we shouldn't cater to bad players.
Lieutenant Goober

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm in favor for 5 for the first 10-50 rounds and a 10% after that. (rounding up of course). In other words i like the suggestion.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

My only question is how did blue get so many troops????
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby A.D. on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 pm

in that game red and me only save reinforcements for the final battle and wait for blue to miss 3 consecutive rounds... but he only lose 1-2 consecutive for more than 50 rounds, and he take his deferred reinforcements too. So we three just save and wait :P
Colonel A.D.

Postby A.D. on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:16 pm

it was like the good, the bad and the ugly! all 3 waiting to see who dare to make the first move XDDDDDDDD
Colonel A.D.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions