Conquer Club

conquer club instant messanger

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

conquer club instant messanger

Postby nonuggets on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 am

do it...like fb style
Sergeant 1st Class nonuggets

Re: conquer club instant messanger

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Can you please be more specific? Are you asking for a tool/addon or a site feature?
Private blakebowling

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:10 pm

I think he means either or... Both would be good if you ask me.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby darth emperor on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:37 am

what's the difference between this and a private conversation in live chat?
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 pm

darth emperor wrote:what's the difference between this and a private conversation in live chat?

+1?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby agentcom on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Maybe he wants it to pop up at the bottom of the screen like facebook or gchat? I like how we're filling in the details here.

This seems like it would be better implemented as a site feature than an add-on. Wouldn't this be fairly difficult to make as an add-on?
Colonel agentcom

Postby darth emperor on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:11 am

Then in this case, it would be better to merge (somehow) the live chat in the bottom of the screen, I guess there are two ways:

1-Merge all the chat to the bottom. I guess this could be done by an add-on, and with this people would use more live chat (or atleast I would,) the downside is that when, there's too much activity it would be annoying and that being at the bottom, the lines you could see are few.

2- Make a command in the chat (for example /bottom or /merge) that puts the current room at the bottom, while leaving the other chatroom in the pop-up (or in another window, depending on your option). This one I doubt very much that an add-on could do it, as it seems more difficult to code it, because is something reffered to the chat which uses a different server than the CC page, and you would have to synchronize both servers.

Postby blakebowling on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am

darth emperor wrote:Then in this case, it would be better to merge (somehow) the live chat in the bottom of the screen, I guess there are two ways:

1-Merge all the chat to the bottom. I guess this could be done by an add-on, and with this people would use more live chat (or atleast I would,) the downside is that when, there's too much activity it would be annoying and that being at the bottom, the lines you could see are few.

2- Make a command in the chat (for example /bottom or /merge) that puts the current room at the bottom, while leaving the other chatroom in the pop-up (or in another window, depending on your option). This one I doubt very much that an add-on could do it, as it seems more difficult to code it, because is something reffered to the chat which uses a different server than the CC page, and you would have to synchronize both servers.

What are you talking about?

I'd honestly like to see chat more integrated with the site, rather than a separated link as it is now. I'm not sure if putting it at the bottom as facebook has done is the best option, but I'm all up for changes.
Private blakebowling

Postby darth emperor on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am

blakebowling wrote:What are you talking about?

I'd honestly like to see chat more integrated with the site, rather than a separated link as it is now. I'm not sure if putting it at the bottom as facebook has done is the best option, but I'm all up for changes.

:lol: :lol: I'm not even sure, it was a "creative" idea, to put the live chat in a corner of the CC page you are visiting, instead of a pop-up. But as I'm not sure how it would work the code, I have to make "creative" ideas. ;)

Return to Tools Suggestions