Rename "Submitted Suggestions" to "Graveyard of Ideas"

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Rename "Submitted Suggestions" to "Graveyard of Ideas"

Postby natty dread on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Concise description:
  • As explained in the subject line of this post

Specifics/Details:
  • The "Submitted Suggestions" forum is named misleadingly. Many people are led to believe the suggestions on said forum actually influence something.
  • Additionally and/or alternatively, the Suggestions forum itself could be renamed to "Morgue of Ideas". A consistent naming scheme would be preferable, as it creates a more coherent user experience.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This change would more closely reflect the current role of said forums. More clarity is better, and lets users know what to expect more accurately. This will improve the usability of the site.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: Rename "Submitted Suggestions" to "Graveyard of Ideas"

Postby Dibbun on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Most of the ideas are stupid. Just sayin'
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby zimmah on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Dibbun wrote:Most of my ideas are stupid. Just sayin'

self-awareness is a good thing.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby MeDeFe on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:53 pm

I like this suggestion. Not in the failbook kind of way where you just click a button, but I genuinely like it.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:44 am

Well, then I suppose you won't mind if we move yours to the true graveyard? REJECTED

Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from. Things appear to move slowly around here. It's a common complaint if you've read as many suggestions threads as I (and lots of other folks here) have. That said, this space is not for general opinion and commentary, which I'm pretty sure your OP was.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 am

agentcom wrote:Well, then I suppose you won't mind if we move yours to the true graveyard? REJECTED

Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from. Things appear to move slowly around here. It's a common complaint if you've read as many suggestions threads as I (and lots of other folks here) have. That said, this space is not for general opinion and commentary, which I'm pretty sure your OP was.

I don't believe it was. I believe there is an actual USEFULNESS to this suggestion. Perhaps if lackadaisical were to see the title of "Submitted Suggestions had been changed in such a fashion, he might become less lackadaisical about his creation here. I request this be brought back out of the REJECTED pile for further discussion.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Woodruff wrote:
agentcom wrote:Well, then I suppose you won't mind if we move yours to the true graveyard? REJECTED

I don't believe it was. I believe there is an actual USEFULNESS to this suggestion. Perhaps if lackadaisical were to see the title of "Submitted Suggestions had been changed in such a fashion, he might become less lackadaisical about his creation here. I request this be brought back out of the REJECTED pile for further discussion.

Oh good grief.

Things have actually been picking up the past 6 months or so with lack having updates. Just because it wasn't your favorite suggestion doesn't mean that it wasn't good.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Oh good grief.

Things have actually been picking up the past 6 months or so with lack having updates. Just because it wasn't your favorite suggestion doesn't mean that it wasn't good.

I spent quite a bit of time recently going through old suggestions. I was surprised how many suggestions have been implemented and how much this site has changed in the last 6 years or so. It's not a perfect system, nor is it as responsive as some (including me) would like. But things are happening. And suggestions will continue to get implemented. All for $25 per year (or free for some), a price which I believe has only gone up $5 in 6 years. If you would like to help further change the site, feel free to volunteer as a moderator, develop some add-ons that may be integrated into the site at a later date, run some tourneys, contribute to suggestions and other forum discussions, etc.

I'm not sure there's much added benefit in changing the name. I'm pretty sure there's enough recognition of how slow things are perceived to move with the ubiquitous "Good suggestion. Maybe your grandchildren will see it happen" post that is in almost every thread that gains any traction around here.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions