Conquer Club

RANCHING/FARMING

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

RANCHING/FARMING

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:19 am

to be in violation of the ranching/farming rules, does one have to invite and actually play a "?" ? or does simply inviting them to play a game constitute a violation of the rules... say, if the NR was invited, but declined to play....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Re: RANCHING/FARMING

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:14 pm

rhp 1 wrote:to be in violation of the ranching/farming rules, does one have to invite and actually play a "?" ? or does simply inviting them to play a game constitute a violation of the rules... say, if the NR was invited, but declined to play....

I would think a ? (i.e. farming) and a regular player (i.e. ranching) would be different scenarios. For the ? to be invited, I think comes close to the rule, although if it's just one or two I doubt it's a problem (I think it takes consistency, though maybe I'm mistaken on that). For a regular player, I think it would probably have to be something along the lines of the GLG scenario.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby sirgermaine on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:16 pm

I don't think it is so much that one specific instance of something is going to be a problem. If I invite someone to CC, and play a few games with them so they know how the site works, that's not farming or ranching, even if they are NR's. If you hoard points by inviting totally random strangers to games all the time, that certainly would be the gross abuse that this is categorized under.
Major sirgermaine

Postby eddie2 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 pm

2 different scenarios for this rhp1

farming
limiting your games to new recruits only or setting up games only new recruits will solely join.

this will not get a busted unless you have a large amount of games via them and it shows you are targeting new recruits.

ranching
using bob, map rank, game search to find players who have never played certain maps and settings (thus making them like new recruits for the game) and inviting them to games or getting them to create games and invite you.

this is the same as above you will not get busted if you are found to be playing loads of games and not limiting your games mainly to these....
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 pm

eddie2 wrote:2 different scenarios for this rhp1

farming
limiting your games to new recruits only or setting up games only new recruits will solely join.

this will not get a busted unless you have a large amount of games via them and it shows you are targeting new recruits.

ranching
using bob, map rank, game search to find players who have never played certain maps and settings (thus making them like new recruits for the game) and inviting them to games or getting them to create games and invite you.

this is the same as above you will not get busted if you are found to be playing loads of games and not limiting your games mainly to these....

I was just curious... I don't invite people to my games but I've seen other players who play NRs and then ask them to join another... just wonderin...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby eddie2 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 pm

wasnt saying you where. but if you can prove a certain player is doing this regularly then you would have a case. you would need to keep walls posts and pm's or game chat to prove this though.
Lieutenant eddie2

Return to Conquer Club Discussion