Conquer Club

The Ultra Mod (3/4)

Old information and materials.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Ultra Mod (3/4)

Postby andyf23 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:31 pm

This is a callout to all moderators. I will shortly be setting up a tournament called The Ultra Mod.

I require 4 moderators for this tournament to mentor players to victory. Each moderator will begin with 16 players each. These 16 players will contest the tournament not only for their own glory but also yours.

Once I have 4 moderators prepared to accept the challange I can set the thread up on the tournament page and this one can be deleted.

Players will choose which of the 4 mods to represent in the competition. So you will begin with a team of 16 players each you don't have a choice in which 16 players you have they will choose you when they enter the tournament. Once each moderator has a team of 16 we are ready to begin.

Before your team goes head to head with the other teams you will need to reduce your team to only 4 players. This will be your first decision as mentor and also Round 1 & 2 of the tournament. You will want to know your team is ready for anything the other mods will throw at them. So to clarify Round 1 is whatever you as mentor choose to test your team, As TO I will set all the games up you just need to tell me how you want it to play out. After Round 1 each mod will have 8 players left in their team and can test the remaining 8 again however they like in Round 2 to leave 4 players each.

That leaves 16 players left in the tournament and each moderator having a team of 4. At this point the four moderators will play a game against each other on a map and settings already agreed upon among yourselves. The winner of this game chooses the map and settings for Round 3 of the tournament proper. By now you will know your teams strenghts and weaknesses so you will pick to suit your team. Each mod then selects a team member to play that game. The first player in that game eliminated is out of the comp.

That would leave 15 players in the competition and 1 mod with 3 players while the rest still has 4. After every round the mods go head to head and every time the winner chooses the map and settings for the next round of the competition.

The tournament runs like this until the end. Until 1 player is crowned tournament winner and 1 moderator gets the (unofficial) title of The Ultra Mod.

If this is successful I will continue to make the tournaments giving the chance for The Ultra Mod to defend their title against different moderators in the future.

If mods have any questions or if I havn't covered something here let me know.

And again just to clarify this thread is a callout for moderators only and not for player to join the tournament a new thread will be made in the create and join tournament forum once I have four moderators on board
Last edited by andyf23 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class andyf23

Re: The Ultra Mod

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Yes I would love to be involved.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Sure thing, thanks for the offer!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 pm

I am definitely in!

Just to clarify - our teams won't go against each other until Round 3, right?
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby andyf23 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:I am definitely in!

Just to clarify - our teams won't go against each other until Round 3, right?

Yes that's right, you will have 2 rounds to get your team from 16 down to 4 and find out any strenghts and weakness of your players before they go up against the other mods

Postby macbone on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Sounds like an interesting tournament!

So the tournament continues until only one team has players left, or there's only one player remaining?

Who gets credit for the tournament win? The mod only, or the chosen four, or whoever's remaining on the winning team, or the winning mod's entire starting roster?

I'll probably sit this one out, but I might play in future tourneys. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby andyf23 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm

macbone wrote:Sounds like an interesting tournament!

So the tournament continues until only one team has players left, or there's only one player remaining?

Who gets credit for the tournament win? The mod only, or the chosen four, or whoever's remaining on the winning team, or the winning mod's entire starting roster?

I'll probably sit this one out, but I might play in future tourneys. =)

Only one player can get the credit for winning the tourney, If for example 3 mods have no players left and the other still has 3 then the mod with players remaining is 'The Ultra Mod' as they have defeated the fellow mods but he would still then need to put his players against eachother for to see which of them is the tournament winner

Re: The Ultra Mod (3/4)

Postby Sundog308 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Won't be in on this one, but it sounds like an awesome idea. Good luck!
Lieutenant Sundog308

Postby jricart on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 pm

So the setup of games is Teams?

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 am

Sounds awesome! Let me know if you need another :)

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby andyf23 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:42 am

jricart wrote:So the setup of games is Teams?

JRT

The set up is however you as a mentor you think will benifit your team. That's the whole point of Round 1 & 2. You choose the game type for your team of 16 to get it down to 4, you can test them however you like (team, assasin, 1v1, multiplayer) whatever you need to know about your players you need to find out in these rounds.

Then when you are down to 4 players in your team you will player a game against your fellow 3 moderators with the winner of that game choosing the game type for Round 3. You could decided to choose a quad game and put all your team in or choose a 4 player game and pick settings to suit the player you are going to use, you should know what suits your team by this point after Round 1 & 2.

Postby andyf23 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:46 am

We now have 4 mods ready for the challange to see who will be the first Ultra Mod

1. Evil Semp
2. thehippo8
3. sempaispellcheck
4. rdsrds2120

Who is the greastest? We are about to find out.

Postby Genoke on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:09 am

andyf23 wrote:I require 4 moderators for this tournament to mentor players to victory. Each moderator will begin with 16 players each. These 16 players will contest the tournament not only for their own glory but also yours.

Players will choose which of the 4 mods to represent in the competition. So you will begin with a team of 16 players each you don't have a choice in which 16 players you have they will choose you when they enter the tournament. Once each moderator has a team of 16 we are ready to begin.

So far i like the idea

andyf23 wrote:Before your team goes head to head with the other teams you will need to reduce your team to only 4 players. This will be your first decision as mentor and also Round 1 & 2 of the tournament. You will want to know your team is ready for anything the other mods will throw at them. So to clarify Round 1 is whatever you as mentor choose to test your team, As TO I will set all the games up you just need to tell me how you want it to play out. After Round 1 each mod will have 8 players left in their team and can test the remaining 8 again however they like in Round 2 to leave 4 players each.

This i don't like much, but i have another suggestion...

When 4 mods have their 16 players, don't let them kill eachother in the same team but keep them all instead. the mods could set up games and decide which player should participate. Check your best player for that certain map and settings because...if your team loses....the mod loses his players. The winners can stay. You could set up 1v1 (carefull) or 4v4 (risky) or in between offcourse.
The mod who lost his whole team is out!
The last mod with a team (could be 1 player though) is the super mod. And all the players who stayed alive earns a medal

Does this idea sounds well?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:22 am

So far on team hippo, you can add Emmdizzle, Edgron and Egel. Waiting for the rest of the team to either PM me or show up here. Anyone else want in on team hippo just post here!

EDIT ... please add Ironwood, b00060, jleaux, Kingm, hmsps, geots, Googilibear, Leapfrog, joeaggie98, keef12, Keefie, ponygal and Vintenderto the hippo team, thanks. Team now full!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Return to Callouts Archives