Europa [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby natty dread on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:19 pm

thinner borders
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 pm

natty dread wrote:thinner borders

Yeah, that' would be a given ;-)

Redrawn borders... but should I keep a similarish feel?
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7049
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby natty dread on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Well I think you should just figure out what you want to do and then figure out how to make it happen...

The current look of the map works ok, but if you're going to redo the graphics anyway there's no point in constraining your design to the current style. There's also lots of elements on the current map that look blurry (borders, mountains, the ocean texture to mention a few), and an overall sharper style would probably serve the map better, especially considering there's several very small territories.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7049
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 pm

MrBenn wrote:I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

I was just about to ask to see what you had.
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:28 am

MrBenn wrote:Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

By far the most urgent change is to fix the error in the bonus structure. Currently the legend says that you get +4 for holding the "transcontinental" bonus (russia+turkey) and another +1 if you also hold kaliningrad. But in actual fact it doesn't pay out the +4 unless you have kaliningrad also, so the extra +1 is really meaningless. It's just a +5 bonus for the whole enchilada.

Either the bonus structure should be changed or the legend should be changed.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

By far the most urgent change is to fix the error in the bonus structure. Currently the legend says that you get +4 for holding the "transcontinental" bonus (russia+turkey) and another +1 if you also hold kaliningrad. But in actual fact it doesn't pay out the +4 unless you have kaliningrad also, so the extra +1 is really meaningless. It's just a +5 bonus for the whole enchilada.

Either the bonus structure should be changed or the legend should be changed.

No - that's you misreading it.

Image
You get +1 for uniting the Motherland (Kaliningrad is actually part of Russia).

The Transcontinental region is all the brown areas, and holding the lot gives you the +4; the two bonuses combine for a total of +5.

I've got a great idea.... Why don't we add a note to the map highlighting this fact:
Image
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7049
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 am

MrBenn wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

By far the most urgent change is to fix the error in the bonus structure. Currently the legend says that you get +4 for holding the "transcontinental" bonus (russia+turkey) and another +1 if you also hold kaliningrad. But in actual fact it doesn't pay out the +4 unless you have kaliningrad also, so the extra +1 is really meaningless. It's just a +5 bonus for the whole enchilada.

Either the bonus structure should be changed or the legend should be changed.

No - that's you misreading it.

Image
You get +1 for uniting the Motherland (Kaliningrad is actually part of Russia).

The Transcontinental region is all the brown areas, and holding the lot gives you the +4; the two bonuses combine for a total of +5.

Ah, ok. I did know that Kaliningrad was politically part of Russia, but I assumed the brown bonus was not originally intended to include it (because it's Prussian land and not part of traditional or historical Russia).

I've got a great idea.... Why don't we add a note to the map highlighting this fact:
Image

Image link didn't work first time I saw it, but now it seems to work. And yes, good idea.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby SirLindsley on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

I was unable to attack from San Marino to France or Slovenia. First time I used the map. IsnKt this a legal attack? Game# 11775906
Major SirLindsley
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 am

SirLindsley wrote:I was unable to attack from San Marino to France or Slovenia. First time I used the map. IsnKt this a legal attack? Game# 11775906


No, San Marino is "trapped" by Italy. Italy is the only region that can attack or be attacked by San Marino.
Image
User avatar
Major nolefan5311
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Florida
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (13) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (4)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby KMAN_101 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:59 pm

I think this map has a glitch!?
Why can't you attack smr from vat, on this map? "Europa (New Europe)"

Current game mode played:
Game Type
Standard
Initial Troops
Automatic
Play Order
Sequential
Spoils
No Spoils
Reinforcements
Unlimited
Special Gameplay
Fog
Round Limit
None
Round Length
24 Hours
User avatar
Private KMAN_101
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:41 pm
Medals: 4
Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby Gilligan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 pm

KMAN_101 wrote:I think this map has a glitch!?
Why can't you attack smr from vat, on this map? "Europa (New Europe)"

Current game mode played:
Game Type
Standard
Initial Troops
Automatic
Play Order
Sequential
Spoils
No Spoils
Reinforcements
Unlimited
Special Gameplay
Fog
Round Limit
None
Round Length
24 Hours


SMR and VAT are completely encompasses by Italy.
Image
User avatar
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Previous

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login