Conquer Club

Live Chat User Appreciation Awards - July 2012

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Live Chat User Appreciation Awards - July 2012

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:24 am

Live Chat User Appreciation Awards

As many of you know Live Chat is a highly varied place. Events happen as quickly as in real life and the variety is endless. From people chatting about themselves to arranging casual and real-time games to getting help about different areas of Conquer Club we get it all. It is a lot for the Chat Mods to handle and we have always noted those members who make a great contribution to Live Chat and especially those who embrace all aspects of Live Chat. In many ways our regulars make time in Live Chat feel like a family occasion and are always willing to welcome in new members of the family.

As a result the Chatters have come together to collectively reward those that make live chat such a great place and those that regularly help those players (new and experienced) that come in asking for help/advice.

The following users are hereby awarded 3 months premium and a general contribution medal for their efforts:

Congratulations to the following users who are also awarded a general contribution medal:
Our Awardees are decided upon based on feedback from members of live chat and consultation with all members of the Live Chat Moderation Team. We intend to have awards on a regular basis and are looking at approximately every 4 months (3 times a year). For future live chat user appreciation events please feel free to give us your nominations.

Our Chatters 2k11 Tournament has finally finished so congratulations to our Winner cryinlion who was able to defeat our defending champion Pixar. cryinlion now has bragging rights until the the next tournament and also gets 12 months premium, Pixar will receive 6 months premium and the 2 defeated semifinalists Leehar and Alexlau will receive 3 months premium each. Swifte earns a general contribution medal for making a great contribution to live chat while the tournament was running. Congratulations all for your performance in the tournament.

Captain trinicardinal

Re: Live Chat User Appreciation Awards - July 2012

Postby loes on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

congrats =D>
Major loes

Postby Ace Rimmer on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I nominate Phatscotty for the next round of awards. He always makes it interesting, even if it's not in a good way. Ditto for Dibbun.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 pm

I NOMINATE LOES
Captain Pirlo

Postby Campin_Killer on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 pm

I second the Dibbun nomination
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby cryinlion on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 pm

woot i get bragging writes and a year of premium!
give me premium or perish
Sergeant 1st Class cryinlion

Postby vodean on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:I nominate Phatscotty for the next round of awards. He always makes it interesting, even if it's not in a good way. Ditto for Dibbun.

im not sure about Dibbun.. he does make it interesting... but more negatively than positively sometimes.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 am

I've made a note of the nominations made so far (both here and in live chat) and will continue to do so as we move on. Just so you are aware - the normal process is that the nominations are listed and the Chat Mods collectively vote on the users... normally the winners are clear because of votes from multiple mods. This process makes sure that as wide a cross section of the users as possible actually gets a chance at the medal. That way if you are on at nights you don't miss out on it just because I'm on mostly during the day etc. Often we see certain users get multiple votes from mods and even multiple nominations from mods/other users which is normally not a surprise because if you make such a great contribution it is recognised by many.

If anyone gives additional evidence that supports a particular nomination it also strengthens the possibility of the award being given to that person. In other words, once its clear that the person consistently makes a positive contribution, the possibility is higher. Since these will be awarded roughly every 4 months if you didn't get one in March or this month it doesn't mean that you won't get one later one...but it does mean that if you got one in March that's probably why you didn't get one this time....lol don't expect to get it too frequently and especially so for the premium awards :mrgreen: .
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 am

I want to know who was crazy enough to nominate and vote for me.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:I want to know who was crazy enough to nominate and vote for me.

You just want to know if Arcee was involved in it... lol
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Leehar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 am

I'm allowed to share my 3 months elsewhere right?
Pity there's no GA for 3rd place winner, thats the only prize (other than chatting) I was looking for ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 am

Leehar wrote:I'm allowed to share my 3 months elsewhere right?
Pity there's no GA for 3rd place winner, thats the only prize (other than chatting) I was looking for ;)

lol... better luck next time.... talk to me privately about the premium.
Captain trinicardinal

Postby JaneAusten on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Congrats to all our award winners!! xoxox

See all ya'll in live chat!
Corporal 1st Class JaneAusten

Postby betiko on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:42 pm

hey guys sorry but what is it about the live chat? i never see anything interesting going on, unlike the forums. are you guys just trying to drive traffic on the live chat with those awards because so little people use it appart from a close knitt intra cc community?
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:06 pm

it's a good place to cyber with people! :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby Dibbun on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am

vodean wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:I nominate Phatscotty for the next round of awards. He always makes it interesting, even if it's not in a good way. Ditto for Dibbun.

im not sure about Dibbun.. he does make it interesting... but more negatively than positively sometimes.

You're profoundly immature and vulgar.. a little child, really. Not much more to say, just glad I've had you on /ignore for the last couple weeks.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 am

betiko wrote:hey guys sorry but what is it about the live chat? i never see anything interesting going on, unlike the forums. are you guys just trying to drive traffic on the live chat with those awards because so little people use it appart from a close knitt intra cc community?

You're right that a small percentage of CC members use it and I also agree that it would be nice to see more people in Live Chat just as it would be nice to see more players on the site. The awards are not done, however, to "just drive traffic" to live chat - they are done in appreciation of the contributions made by the relevant users.

In relation to your comment about "never see anything interesting going on" well I cannot deny that it is dead at some times and I have no doubt that you have found times that are not interesting to you. I have a few comments to make to that.

a) The majority of times that I have been in Live Chat in the last few months it has been busier than before and definitely not boring.
b) We are planning to have regular events inside of live chat so that it is even more interesting. Partnering with Entertainment for the Live Chat Trivia is one example of that. We should be having at least 1 event a month inside of live chat from now on... sometimes more.
c) Tell me what you would find interesting and I'll tell you if it is already happening, being planned to happen or can happen.

Keep in mind that Live Chat is indeed Live and therefore depends on people being on at the time that you are there. Your timing may have brought you in at times where people were not really on. The Forum is very different in nature so comparing it with live chat is like comparing apples with flowers. Why not start a conversation with whoever happens to be on? As I said before many of the regulars are happy to welcome new members to the family. That being said what can you do to liven it up some more? We welcome your input and would love to see you there more often.
Captain trinicardinal

Postby VioIet on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:39 am

Pirlo wrote:it's a good place to cyber with people! :lol:

Yep, as Pirlo is our resident expert on that, he would know all about it.

However, there are times when LC is a fun and appropriate place for all. I hope these awards will encourage more people to come to LC, as I love to see new faces there.

I think the awards for Ace Rimmer an D Major are very well deserved. They always make LC fun and pleasant. Congrats guys!
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:07 am

Congrats to all the winners. See ya there. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:14 am

trinicardinal wrote:
betiko wrote:hey guys sorry but what is it about the live chat? i never see anything interesting going on, unlike the forums. are you guys just trying to drive traffic on the live chat with those awards because so little people use it appart from a close knitt intra cc community?

You're right that a small percentage of CC members use it and I also agree that it would be nice to see more people in Live Chat just as it would be nice to see more players on the site. The awards are not done, however, to "just drive traffic" to live chat - they are done in appreciation of the contributions made by the relevant users.

In relation to your comment about "never see anything interesting going on" well I cannot deny that it is dead at some times and I have no doubt that you have found times that are not interesting to you. I have a few comments to make to that.

a) The majority of times that I have been in Live Chat in the last few months it has been busier than before and definitely not boring.
b) We are planning to have regular events inside of live chat so that it is even more interesting. Partnering with Entertainment for the Live Chat Trivia is one example of that. We should be having at least 1 event a month inside of live chat from now on... sometimes more.
c) Tell me what you would find interesting and I'll tell you if it is already happening, being planned to happen or can happen.

Keep in mind that Live Chat is indeed Live and therefore depends on people being on at the time that you are there. Your timing may have brought you in at times where people were not really on. The Forum is very different in nature so comparing it with live chat is like comparing apples with flowers. Why not start a conversation with whoever happens to be on? As I said before many of the regulars are happy to welcome new members to the family. That being said what can you do to liven it up some more? We welcome your input and would love to see you there more often.

you may want to add the help offered by regular users to anyone who pops in there to ask!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 pm

VioIet wrote:

However, there are times when LC is a fun and appropriate place for all. I hope these awards will encourage more people to come to LC, as I love to see new faces there.

I think the awards for Ace Rimmer an D Major are very well deserved. They always make LC fun and pleasant. Congrats guys!

I'm no expert at that stuff... you know sarcasm is my top profession on CC :mrgreen:
Captain Pirlo

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Pirlo wrote:
VioIet wrote:

I'm no expert at that stuff... you know sarcasm is my top profession on CC :mrgreen:

Pfsh puh-lease..I never see Pirlo using sarcasm... :arrow: 8-[ :-$
Colonel NoSurvivors

Return to Announcement Archives