Conquer Club

NCIS Mafia: Mafia Win!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NCIS Mafia: Day 6: Bodies and Blood

Postby edocsil on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:31 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Told ya the game was far from over Edoascil :)

My first last man standing

Yeah, Like I said, I suspected there was one scum left and the SK. Then the town left Saf slip by and got Strike killed in the process. That was bad news in a bucket.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 am

LOL I hear ya Saf. I thought of all the scenarios and then realized its like flipping a coin. All I can do is make a choice. In this case I really believed everyman was a vig and he would have to choose between Isaiah and I. I did not want to piss him off. I really did my best to make Isaiah look scummy without trying to be overtly doing so.

I started thinking, "what if Isaiah decides to protect everyman?" would he do it to second guess me or would he stay on chuk? I didn't want to travel that road to insanity.

In the end all I could do is make a choice and hope the dice roll in my favor.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 am

edocsil wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Told ya the game was far from over Edoascil :)

My first last man standing

Yeah, Like I said, I suspected there was one scum left and the SK. Then the town left Saf slip by and got Strike killed in the process. That was bad news in a bucket.

I'm surprised strike volunteered for a lynch. Makes sense with the meta though, you wouldn't expect that many extra mafia players with a cult. I think that we just got lucky we had numbers on our side this time. And I completely didn't know there was a cult. I was just as surprised as everyone else when Squirrel blew himself up.
Captain safariguy5

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL I hear ya Saf. I thought of all the scenarios and then realized its like flipping a coin. All I can do is make a choice. In this case I really believed everyman was a vig and he would have to choose between Isaiah and I. I did not want to piss him off. I really did my best to make Isaiah look scummy without trying to be overtly doing so.

I started thinking, "what if Isaiah decides to protect everyman?" would he do it to second guess me or would he stay on chuk? I didn't want to travel that road to insanity.

IB my friend, you really must try to remember people's usernames correctly.

Night strike =/= strike wolf

everyman=/= new guy

:lol: :lol: :D ;)
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 am

I HAD to have chuck alive with me in the end. If he died, I would lose. So I would have had to shoot Isiah and have chuck live for me to win.

fastposted- the reason I didnt shoot you was because without saf pointing out you were the doc, I still would have thought that isiah was the doc. I had you two flipped in my head until saf said you were the doc. So that was another game winning correction on saf's part, whether he knew it or not :lol:

fastposted x2- lol, I knew he was talking about me when he said everyman, so I figured I wouldnt mention it :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 am

safariguy5 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL I hear ya Saf. I thought of all the scenarios and then realized its like flipping a coin. All I can do is make a choice. In this case I really believed everyman was a vig and he would have to choose between Isaiah and I. I did not want to piss him off. I really did my best to make Isaiah look scummy without trying to be overtly doing so.

everyman=/= new guy

I'm so Sorry. I have a learning disorder. LOL I reverse words and ideas at times. Its gotten me in trouble several times in games. Remember that game where all the Town were green and I got hung for saying..."hey if your town your name would be blue not green" Office mafia.

I was calling everyman, new guy and anywhere...Night Strike and Night wolf still drive me crazy.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 am

Honestly I really did expect the SK and Mafia to kill each other at the end. but I don't think new guy fully trusted Chuck to side with him and got in the mindset that he was the last scum alive. IB had a similar mindset but in his case it didn't matter who he killed. I do have a question for the mod. With the exception of the central characters were these real characters from the show? I tried to look up all the mafia and cult names and couldn't find them.

@safari: In theory it made sense and I could already tell at that point my credibility wasn't that great. I'll admit I figured worse case scenario, I force you into a scenario where you would have to prove your role to keep yourself from getting lynched. Admittedly it had slipped my mind that our role blocker was dead (ccould have made the whole thing a lot smoother).

On day 2, I wanted Jax alive. It wasn't keep him alive or die trying but I figured if he was alive and we were able to recruit Gibbs he would be all but forced to help us when the time was right. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a clear way to get that across to Edoc quickly enough and not tip off the town.

lol. I keep forgetting to correct him on my name and still haven't.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 am

@IB: *grumble*

@chap: Two questions:
A: 5 mafia?!?!?
B: Both town and mafia had a busdriver. Couldn't this cause conflicts and weird paradoxes? For instance, Mr. Squirrel was busdriven with both jonty and new guy. What if new guy had ordered a kill on Mr. Squirrel?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby new guy1 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:01 am

Exactly, I was thinking in the back of my mind "Wait, so you mean that chuck, with no prior knowledge of an alternate win condition and hes just gonna up and move to make sure I dont get lynched? SWEET" but I choose to kill Isiah because I thought it would prove to chuck that I was the vig. And to answer your question (or what I believe to be the right answer), the characters that were mafia were not from the show. They were just random names to make a mafia.

fastposted
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:42 am

Iron Butterfly wrote: Remember that game where all the Town were green and I got hung for saying..."hey if your town your name would be blue not green" Office mafia.

Sorry, I prefer for green for town. If you would like I'd be more than happy if you want me to make my town's blue.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 am

jak111 wrote:With 8 town (Yomiel I barely count as town, so 7) and 8 mafia/3rd parties/cult. The town was outnumbered Day 1. I enjoyed the game for the amount I survived, however, I think balancing a game is something that could use a bit of work. The mafia were a bit overpowered.

I think you aren't really thinking about the third party roles correctly. The SK and the survivor both needed separate townies to survive. I would say more like 9.5 townies. Of course, Yomiel messed up the numbers as well. I forgot to mention that in my synopsis. That's part of the reason that I really wanted him to work out.

The other thing is that if the cult recruiter died, the cultists returned to town. And he died if he tried to recruit someone who was unrecruitable. Unrecruitable people included the mafia and the SK. So, there was a good chance that there would be townies returning to the town AND they would know that they were town. That significantly helps town to have people who know they are town.
jak111 wrote:Mr.Squirrel = mafia
Isaiah = recruited by cult
New Guy = SK
Jonty = town
Safari = mafia
Edocsil = Cult
Chuck = town

:o ~Le gasp~ only 2 townies lynched me ;)

I'm not sure you can really count isaiah40 as really being cult at all. He was recruited one night and then became town again the next day with edocsil was blown up. But, I think you're gonna see the SK and a couple mafia on most lynches.
safariguy5 wrote:

everyman=/= new guy

Man, Iron Butterfly kept doing that the whole game. He sent in a NK on the last night on everyman and I had to PM him and ask him who he was talking about. :lol:
strike wolf wrote:I do have a question for the mod. With the exception of the central characters were these real characters from the show? I tried to look up all the mafia and cult names and couldn't find them.

I think the cult recruiter might have been a real person (not sure about that), but he wasn't in the show. None of the mafia names were in the show. David Dale (Yomiel's role) was a real person, but also not on the show. So, 9 of the roles were actually from the show and 7 were not.
everywhere116 wrote:@chap: Two questions:
A: 5 mafia?!?!?
B: Both town and mafia had a busdriver. Couldn't this cause conflicts and weird paradoxes? For instance, Mr. Squirrel was busdriven with both jonty and new guy. What if new guy had ordered a kill on Mr. Squirrel?

A. I guess see my previous explanations. I thought it would work out when I thought about everything, but I did say that I might have changed a mafia role or taken one away if I redid it.
B. Yes, you are right about that. If they were to bus the same person, I did a coin flip to see who would be used first. That actually only happened one time though. And, because of all the night actions that night, I didn't even need to flip a coin, because the result would be the same either way. One way, isaiah40 would have been the kill target. The other way, thechuck51 would have been the kill target, but isaiah40 was protecting thechuck51 anyway. Other than that, the watcher/tracker was dead at that point, the cop investigated elsewhere, etc. But, when the same person is bussed twice, I flip a coin.
jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote: Remember that game where all the Town were green and I got hung for saying..."hey if your town your name would be blue not green" Office mafia.

Sorry, I prefer for green for town. If you would like I'd be more than happy if you want me to make my town's blue.

I think most think blue is convention for town. Personally, I don't really care, but if people get green, they may think it's a different type role. I would do it however you want. I wouldn't make town red or mafia blue though. That will just mess with people. ;)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 am

This was a fun game once we got through through the first day. I had my suspicions about IB but I just couldn't place my finger on it. It was only when we lynched saf and went into the night that I realized that Palmer is not a major character on the show and that IB was using it as a false claim! Too bad I didn't think of it earlier, else Town would have won I'm thinking.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby new guy1 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Its funny too, cause I mentioned that character near the beginning of the game and then it was used as a fake claim. :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm

One other note that I didn't mention:

I gave the mafia the two fake claims and the knowledge that there wasn't a doctor. I also gave the same claims to the cult recruiter when he asked for a fake claim. I didn't tell him there was no doctor. However, I gave him an additional claim, but I don't remember what it was right now... Maybe edocsil still has it. :-k
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 pm

We had the fake claim of Jimmy Palmer whose role was" back up doc". I held out as long as possible because I wanted to see if "Ducky" would be in and what his role would be. It didn't make sense to claim back up doc if there was no Doc. I knew it would bite me in the ass if I claimed it.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby edocsil on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

chapcrap wrote:One other note that I didn't mention:

I gave the mafia the two fake claims and the knowledge that there wasn't a doctor. I also gave the same claims to the cult recruiter when he asked for a fake claim. I didn't tell him there was no doctor. However, I gave him an additional claim, but I don't remember what it was right now... Maybe edocsil still has it. :-k

Yeah, I am sure I could go look it up if it was all that important. There were 2 certainly. :( never had a chance to use them because of that mean squirrel
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: NCIS Mafia: Mafia Win!!

Postby chapcrap on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Well, good game everyone. I hope everyone had a good time.

I'll try to run another game shortly. :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby happyfeet on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

does this mean i won too? since mafia won
Colonel happyfeet

Postby happyfeet on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

oh yeah nice work iron congrats
Colonel happyfeet

Postby chapcrap on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm

happyfeet wrote:does this mean i won too? since mafia won

Yes!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby happyfeet on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

heck yeah my first mafia win
Colonel happyfeet

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

chapcrap wrote:Well, good game everyone. I hope everyone had a good time.

I'll try to run another game shortly. :)

NCIS: Los Angeles! :D
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Don't publicly tell anyone when, but you should make me mafia in a game down the road :/ I've never been mafia in a forum game yet! lol
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:06 pm

edocsil wrote:
chapcrap wrote:One other note that I didn't mention:

Yeah, I am sure I could go look it up if it was all that important. There were 2 certainly. :( never had a chance to use them because of that mean squirrel

:D
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby vodean on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:05 pm

well done guys! im sorry that some vig or whatever decided to kill me early, but i guess it worked out!
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives