Conquer Club

How do I remove clickable maps?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How do I remove clickable maps?

Postby tom_pingu on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Basically, I keep accidentally pressing my mouse wheel WHILE scrolling up to the map, and it ends assaults early (i realise it's a clickable shortcut). This is extremely annoying, and i've done it twice in a row now, (trying to be very fast), making me miss an excellent opportunity to win a game. I wish to remove the shortcuts/clickable maps that enables this. I have looked in my game settings and control panel, and couldn't find anything there. I also browsed through the first page or two here, and in Help/Instructions and couldn't find anything there, hopefully i've not overlooked something.
I have not downloaded anything on this computer for clickable maps as I recall, and I am using safari on a mac. THIS IS ANNOYING THE HELL OUT OF ME. Please help a somewhat foolish player overcome this somewhat small but annoying problem.

P.S. What would be even better than removing clickables is being able to program the shortcuts (removing the mouse wheel advance to next stage as an action), so that clickables would keep the select region by clicking on it but remove the stuff that i keep accidentally using to mess up my turn. Is there any way to do this? (if not, there should be! :p)
Major tom_pingu

Re: How do I remove clickable maps?

Postby tom_pingu on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Just looked in Tools/Enhancements.. found the thread telling me how to install, and saw screenshot of a the clickies menu.. I don't have that :s Really confused about what's going on!
Major tom_pingu

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm

clickable maps is the non downloadable software everybody get to use, the clickies refer to the downloadable content
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby tom_pingu on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Are the clickies a way of programming what the shortcuts etc do?
I'm raging slightly less now ^^
Just that I've made the mistake a few times, and it seems easy to do if i'm rushing or a little careless. Was wondering if there was any way to remove the middle mouse button shortcut (which i assume is what my mouse wheel has been ascribed to)
Major tom_pingu

Postby JBlombier on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm

It's called patience and self-control, Tom. You should try it some time.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby tom_pingu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 am

Don't you start, you can always give advice via PM :P
Major tom_pingu

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed May 23, 2012 8:05 pm

tom_pingu wrote:Are the clickies a way of programming what the shortcuts etc do?
I'm raging slightly less now ^^
Just that I've made the mistake a few times, and it seems easy to do if i'm rushing or a little careless. Was wondering if there was any way to remove the middle mouse button shortcut (which i assume is what my mouse wheel has been ascribed to)

Tom; Is having Bob really worth it? That's the question.

I hear that some people open up another browser in order to play their games so that they don't have to go through all of that, and I ask myself, "is having Bob really worth having to go through all of that. I don't know too much about Bob as I don't have it installed but from some of the things I read so far, I don't think that I want to find out.

I play just fine without it and as far as communications go, what's the rush unless you play speed team games. I don't play those either.

If you think that Bob is worth it to go through all of that, then just open up another Browser with I.E. or Chrome which don't have Bob and play like that. Otherwise if you think that it it's not worth it then just remove Bob from your computer.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby ewat on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 am

What is Bob? Are you saying that if I use IE or Chrome that clickable maps will no longer work?

I'm using firefox now, and I'm in circumstances much like Tom. I was definitely ragey earlier. I would rather have the map not be clickable at all than risk screwing up another turn because I middle clicked on the map.

Other background: I use an ergonomic mouse with no scroll wheel. Instead, I scroll around pages by holding the middle button and moving the mouse around. This makes it very easy to unintentionally end my turn early.

Please help!

-ewat
Sergeant 1st Class ewat

Return to Conquer Club Discussion