Conquer Club

jdbush chapcrap [noted]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: jdbush chapcrap [pending]

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:02 pm

happyfeet wrote:four parties at play all neutral to eachother. please read things before posting.

Simply a lie. Apart from the fact that this was a team game, the players involved have admitted to being friends, to being members of the same clan, and to having arrangements to play turns for one another.

So, sorry, I can't accept this particular attempt at BS.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby happyfeet on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Flow520 wrote:
Flow520 wrote:
Round8Board.JPG
As requested, here is a screenshot of the board just after I used my set to take out the rest of red. Had the sitter (requested by chapcrap) followed the plan laid out in game chat (deploy 3 on Mexico city and take Bogota) and had it succeeded (which had high probability), then I would have had 6 cards, traded for 15, hit green, and ended turn with 4 cards. Green would not have been able to respond because he only had 2 cards.
You guys are missing something here. Had chapcrap not meddled with his opponents turn by soliciting a sitter, Bogota would likely have been taken from red. Flow's turn shows the rest of red was taken with a set trade. Whatever happened afterwards is a mute point. happyfeet's turn was altered due to the intervention of a member of the opposing team.
happyfeet wrote:and yes i would have made this one
happyfeet wrote:i do admit i probably would have taken the turn different.

i guess you have never sat for someone? 15 mins isnt much time left. say i didnt get on then i miss my turn. i guess the question is how would you of adjusted to that? probably by not going after chap.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:07 pm

LOL what I find amusing right now is that a bunch of actual players have actually more than once explained the way games are played and turns are taken to a troll. Guys please stop attempting to explain the impossible to the troll.

Some of you fought me,when I tried to get him banned from being able to post in the players forums,are you maybe understanding why now.

No input of any value, and has no concept of what he is referring to even.To the point that more than once he needed correcting on what he was talking about lol.

Trolling at its best. speaking to hear its own head rattle.
Private jgordon1111

Postby happyfeet on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Symmetry wrote:
happyfeet wrote:four parties at play all neutral to eachother. please read things before posting.

Simply a lie. Apart from the fact that this was a team game, the players involved have admitted to being friends, to being members of the same clan, and to having arrangements to play turns for one another.

you still are off the point flow doesnt think we set him up. he thanks chap meddled were he shouldnt have.

im sitting here thinking who the heck symmetry and how he doesnt even make sense to what is really being talked about. you are trying to add some thing that isnt even in question here.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:14 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:LOL what I find amusing right now is that a bunch of actual players have actually more than once explained the way games are played and turns are taken to a troll. Guys please stop attempting to explain the impossible to the troll.

Some of you fought me,when I tried to get him banned from being able to post in the players forums,are you maybe understanding why now.

No input of any value, and has no concept of what he is referring to even.To the point that more than once he needed correcting on what he was talking about lol.

Trolling at its best. speaking to hear its own head rattle.

If you want to complain about me, or feel that I've done something wrong, I will respond to your report. As is, you've had a bit of history with some "un-truths" within this forum, and you seem to like flaming more than dealing with legitimate issues.

Can I ask you to come back on topic? This seems like stuff that could be dealt with via PM if it's a personal problem.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:25 pm

happyfeet wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

you still are off the point flow doesnt think we set him up. he thanks chap meddled were he shouldnt have.

im sitting here thinking who the heck symmetry and how he doesnt even make sense to what is really being talked about. you are trying to add some thing that isnt even in question here.

Thats what he does happy,try and stir the pot and make trouble for actual players of the game.You can explain all you want. All the troll wants is to see his own words forever glorified.

It doesnt play so doesnt realize clan members on many occasions play against each other in tournament games,and players with friends on this site often sit accounts for each other. It is not against the rules,if any player has notified another to take turns for them,they might not be able to take.

This can be explained a million times but the troll does not want to acknowledge this, because it doesnt suit his intentions.

To the troll you have admitted you dont know what is really going on,therefore anything else from you is still trolling and will be dealt with by the MODS hopefully.
Private jgordon1111

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 pm

I was playing four players doubles once, me and 3 of my friends. But then they left for vacation together and left me their accounts, so I was playing all 4 players of the games. Despite my illusions of being a great strategist, the reality is that I am such a bad player that I could not win for either side. Eventualy I found myself stuck fighting against myself and having a terrible dice. I made many mistakes, no matter what I was trying, I was always failing. I was losing all attacks for both sides no matter what. My dice was always inferior to mine so I could not make progress. I tried to organize our game plan somehow in the chat but I was not cooperative to myself and so I failed. I accepted the fact that I am not such a good player as myself. I am a bad player and so I cannot beat me, because I am a strong player. Realizing the problem, I reported myself to the c&a reports, but then I supported my innocence and I was cleared.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby happyfeet on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Kaskavel wrote:I was playing four players doubles once, me and 3 of my friends. But then they left for vacation together and left me their accounts, so I was playing all 4 players of the games. Despite my illusions of being a great strategist, the reality is that I am such a bad player that I could not win for either side. Eventualy I found myself stuck fighting against myself and having a terrible dice. I made many mistakes, no matter what I was trying, I was always failing. I was losing all attacks for both sides no matter what. My dice was always inferior to mine so I could not make progress. I tried to organize our game plan somehow in the chat but I was not cooperative to myself and so I failed. I accepted the fact that I am not such a good player as myself. I am a bad player and so I cannot beat me, because I am a strong player. Realizing the problem, I reported myself to the c&a reports, but then I supported my innocence and I was cleared.

great story and im sure if there was anything like that here we would also. however, unrelated to this situation.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby Woodruff on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:If you took a turn CC, against yourself, then that is a major offense. Levels of honest play don't even come into it.

Nobody should be allowed to play both sides of a game. It's abuse, pure and simple. You're a mod, and generally a fair one, although I can't say we've not disagreed lately, but I hope that your contributions to the site mitigate this, and they don't let you off either.

That did not happen. In fact, the problem seems to be that he TRIED TO HELP HIS OPPONENTS BY MAKING SURE THEIR TURN WAS TAKEN INSTEAD OF MISSED. It's weird that's viewed as a problem, but there it is.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby king achilles on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 pm

So the real issue here is that chapcrap could have instructed jdbush to mess the game in order for his team to win the game. With regards to the account sitting, being that it was just a few minutes left, and as the main sitter for happyfeet, he had another player take the turn for that game so he wouldn't miss the turn.

Unfortunately, being that the owner and the sitter happens to be on opposing teams, this situation has brought suspicions that jdbush could have sabotaged the game in favor of chapcrap, who happens to be the one who told jdbush to take the turn.

I will note this for future reference. Next time, avoid situations like this. Whether you had something to do with how the way the other person made the turn or not, there will always be some doubt if that turn happens to favor your own team.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: jdbush chapcrap [noted]

Postby Uncle Death on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 pm

If you get rid of account sitting and make it against the rules to share your password you eliminate all of this. I put it in suggestions awhile ago and it was defeated by all the abusers. You can eliminate a lot of wasted time and effort by just smartening up and make that a rule.
Captain Uncle Death

Postby happyfeet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:09 am

king achilles wrote:So the real issue here is that chapcrap could have instructed jdbush to mess the game in order for his team to win the game. With regards to the account sitting, being that it was just a few minutes left, and as the main sitter for happyfeet, he had another player take the turn for that game so he wouldn't miss the turn.

Unfortunately, being that the owner and the sitter happens to be on opposing teams, this situation has brought suspicions that jdbush could have sabotaged the game in favor of chapcrap, who happens to be the one who told jdbush to take the turn.

I will note this for future reference. Next time, avoid situations like this. Whether you had something to do with how the way the other person made the turn or not, there will always be some doubt if that turn happens to favor your own team.

the game was not affected by the sitters turn. if you read in game chat our plan was to take out red before he traded. which red took his turn without trading after the sitter. blue is who affected the game by not waiting one more round to take out red as what was our game plan. in this case it was a bad play by blue. he should be more upset by his mistake than trying to get others in trouble for helping.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby happyfeet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:12 am

Uncle Death wrote:If you get rid of account sitting and make it against the rules to share your password you eliminate all of this. I put it in suggestions awhile ago and it was defeated by all the abusers. You can eliminate a lot of wasted time and effort by just smartening up and make that a rule.

you could do this and expand the time to each from 24 hours to 168 per turn. simply, its a horrible idea since people do have a RL.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby hmsps on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 am

happyfeet wrote:
Uncle Death wrote:If you get rid of account sitting and make it against the rules to share your password you eliminate all of this. I put it in suggestions awhile ago and it was defeated by all the abusers. You can eliminate a lot of wasted time and effort by just smartening up and make that a rule.

you could do this and expand the time to each from 24 hours to 168 per turn. simply, its a horrible idea since people do have a RL.
Yes people do have RL's so why not just miss a turn. IMO account sitting should be if people are away for 24 hours for whatever reason, no people just dipping into accounts like in this case. Where does it end. Its a fine line between account sitting and account sharing.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby happyfeet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:22 am

hmsps wrote:
happyfeet wrote:

Yes people do have RL's so why not just miss a turn. IMO account sitting should be if people are away for 24 hours for whatever reason, no people just dipping into accounts like in this case. Where does it end. Its a fine line between account sitting and account sharing.

sure if you dont have a teammate missing isnt a big deal but your teammate wont be a teammate with you if you are always missing turns. plus, escalating cards people would accuse you of cheating. say you missed the turn to get an advantage. i find may people on here just want to be cops and not enjoy the game.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby happyfeet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am

[Game]11459159 [/Game] hope to see a report on this game. one player with two different sitters. the original account player hasnt even taken a turn yet. both times with more than 15 mins on clock. and flow is there partner. maybe i start a c & a report on this kinda fishy i think.

note: i will not but it seems this kinda of stuff is what people do i think its dumb to point out one time.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 pm

hmsps wrote:
happyfeet wrote:

He was away for more than 24 hours... That's why he would have missed turns. Think about it.

King A, if I am someone's sitter and I am playing in a game against them, isn't it more responsible, as a sitter, to have their turn taken rather than let them miss a turn? I don't follow the logic of letting them miss a turn. That seems more detrimental to me than someone taking a turn. And, how would you suggest I avoid the situation? Not play friends who I might sit for? That seems pretty silly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad that you noted or anything. By all means, note away. I just don't understand what you think I should have done, other than let turns be missed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Flow520 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 pm

happyfeet wrote:the game was not affected by the sitters turn. if you read in game chat our plan was to take out red before he traded. which red took his turn without trading after the sitter. blue is who affected the game by not waiting one more round to take out red as what was our game plan. in this case it was a bad play by blue. he should be more upset by his mistake than trying to get others in trouble for helping.
Ok, I will respond to your statements one at a time below:
  1. happyfeet wrote:the game was not affected by the sitters turn.
    An opinion which I have shown in previous posts as incorrect. I will show again below.
  2. happyfeet wrote:if you read in game chat our plan was to take out red before he traded.
    Correct.
  3. happyfeet wrote:which red took his turn without trading after the sitter.
    Correct, red only had 3 cards and did not trade. Red took another card and ended with 4 cards.
  4. happyfeet wrote:blue is who affected the game by not waiting one more round to take out red as what was our game plan.
    No, the game plan was to take out red with 4 cards. And it was chapcraps actions which adversely affected the game. See the below discussion:
    Flow520 wrote:
    Round8Board.JPG
    So, I added a link to the picture: Game Board: Round 8. Green's turn. Set at 15.

As requested, here is a screenshot of the board just after I used my set to take out the rest of red. Had the sitter (requested by chapcrap) followed the plan laid out in game chat (deploy 3 on Mexico city and take Bogota) and had it succeeded (which had high probability), then I would have had 6 cards, traded for 15, hit green, and ended turn with 4 cards. Green would not have been able to respond because he only had 2 cards.
    It was a matter of chapcrap (opponent of happyfeet) soliciting a sitter who chose not to roll a 7v3 (~86% chance of success) which would have won the game.
    It was not chapcrap's place to ask an account sitter to sit a game for another player. (Especially considering that chapcrap was an opponent in that game!) There is an absolute conflict of interest regardless of intentions.
    Even happyfeet admits that it was chapcrap (a member of the opposing team) who affected the game by causing his turn to be altered. (See two quotes below)
    happyfeet wrote:and yes i would have made this one
    happyfeet wrote:i do admit i probably would have taken the turn different.
    chapcrap's actions (however well intentioned) had an adverse effect on the game.

5. happyfeet wrote:in this case it was a bad play by blue. he should be more upset by his mistake than trying to get others in trouble for helping.
    This is just an outright lie which happyfeet clearly does not himself believe because he complained to chapcrap shortly after jdbush's flawed turn that, "bush screwed up that game bad". I have the screenshot evidence of that here, though it was conveniently deleted from chapcraps wall shortly after being posted...

Really guys, stop trying to cover each others backs by distorting the truth. King only noted this, so it's not that big of a deal. Just do as King asks:
    king achilles wrote:So the real issue here is that chapcrap could have instructed jdbush to mess the game in order for his team to win the game. With regards to the account sitting, being that it was just a few minutes left, and as the main sitter for happyfeet, he had another player take the turn for that game so he wouldn't miss the turn.

And another thing, stop trying to paint me as a bad guy when I'm merely presenting factual evidence which points out the impropriety of another player. It's much akin to shooting the messenger and only makes you guys looks bad.
Major Flow520

Postby happyfeet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:39 pm

lol...flow you are clueless you are the one who altered the game. you were not forced to trade your set. green with two cards was not set up to kill chap until you weakened chap. chap had already played so that cash was out the door. the fact is we wait one more round and take out chap like the plan was the round before. you rushed it lost the game for us. chap did not alter the game. you are so clueless and we could go round and round about what a bad play jdbush did and we can do the same about your play. so please grow up and learn how to play because you lost me points and it doesnt make me happy but im dealing with the fact its a tournament and i knew i would get paired with some noobs such as yourslef.
Colonel happyfeet

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:31 pm

chapcrap wrote:King A, if I am someone's sitter and I am playing in a game against them, isn't it more responsible, as a sitter, to have their turn taken rather than let them miss a turn? I don't follow the logic of letting them miss a turn. That seems more detrimental to me than someone taking a turn.

That's precisely how I view this situation. You were LOOKING OUT for the opposition, not hurting them. However, I think the argument is that you COULD HAVE sent in a patsy to screw the turn up (if you were predatory...and frankly, we have some of those on this site). There are certainly some names on this site for whom I could see that strategy being something they'd want to do. So I suppose the "noted" is appropriate, even though I don't really agree with it in this particular instance.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Vid_FISO on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Surely the person that apparently knew he'd likely be away for 24 hours or more also knew he was playing in a game with his sitter and would potentially miss a move there and should himself have organized someone else for that game?

Also, why didn't the friends knowing that there was a likelihood of a move being missed not simply slow the game down by playing their own moves a few hours later?
Major Vid_FISO

Postby crispybits on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 pm

I think the question with this, which relates to the rules as posted previously, is "did happy ask anyone to cover his games for any specific period of time?". If the answer is yes and that came within the time his turn was taken then fair enough, even if his sitter was chapcrap who had to call in a backup sitter.

If the answer is no, then it's account sharing, because there wasn't a sit organised for a period of time when happy would be away from the PC. If others have his password (or any other password) and are logging in just because the games are getting low on time then that's account sharing. Effectively all acounts that any small group of people (be they RL friends or not) share passwords for effectively become multis owned by several players if there is no defined period for which the account-sit is valid for.

The above is perfectly consistent with the rules. Account sitting is not meant as having people there to take your turns whenever you are in danger of missing them at any time over weeks, months and years, they are there for when you know you'll be away and change to a temp password and organise a sitter for a defined period of time.

King a wrote:Let me remind that Account sitting is only for situations where the player is in danger of missing his turn. It is not for the purpose of safeguarding someone's games, 24 hours/day for as long as you want, nor is it for people who will intentionally not take their turns so that their account sitter or clan mate can take the turn for them. It is not a 24/7 responsibility of anyone to look after the games of their friends or clan mates as this can be seen as account sharing where more than one person is already freely logging in to one account whenever these people want to. You can only take this too far.

How would the people defending this action show the difference between this and account sharing? i.e what is the difference between player A having player B's password and logging in whenever a turn is short on time and taking the turn and player A having player B's password and logging in whenever he likes to take turns? Both are cases where the details of an account are shared, the passwords of an account are shared, and the turns of an account are shared 24/7 whenever it suits A and B to do so for an indefinite period of time.
Major crispybits

Postby Flow520 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:13 pm

happyfeet wrote:lol...flow you are clueless you are the one who altered the game. you were not forced to trade your set. green with two cards was not set up to kill chap until you weakened chap. chap had already played so that cash was out the door. the fact is we wait one more round and take out chap like the plan was the round before. you rushed it lost the game for us. chap did not alter the game. you are so clueless and we could go round and round about what a bad play jdbush did and we can do the same about your play. so please grow up and learn how to play because you lost me points and it doesnt make me happy but im dealing with the fact its a tournament and i knew i would get paired with some noobs such as yourslef.
Oh happyfeet.... it's so frustrating when you mix in some truths with your lies because it takes so much longer to properly address. Fortunately, this is basically the same deeply flawed set of statements you made before. I'll refer you to my previous post.
Also, do yourself a favor and stop with the name calling. Really, it just makes you look bad. :roll:
Major Flow520

Postby chapcrap on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:23 pm

crispybits wrote:
King a wrote:Let me remind that Account sitting is only for situations where the player is in danger of missing his turn. It is not for the purpose of safeguarding someone's games, 24 hours/day for as long as you want, nor is it for people who will intentionally not take their turns so that their account sitter or clan mate can take the turn for them. It is not a 24/7 responsibility of anyone to look after the games of their friends or clan mates as this can be seen as account sharing where more than one person is already freely logging in to one account whenever these people want to. You can only take this too far.

How would the people defending this action show the difference between this and account sharing? i.e what is the difference between player A having player B's password and logging in whenever a turn is short on time and taking the turn and player A having player B's password and logging in whenever he likes to take turns? Both are cases where the details of an account are shared, the passwords of an account are shared, and the turns of an account are shared 24/7 whenever it suits A and B to do so for an indefinite period of time.

I already responded to that earlier. If you read the whole thread, you would have known that and not maybe not made this post. And if you don't agree with my post earlier, then you can reply to that instead of ignoring it. Sitting doesn't have to be planned. Maybe you should bold this part:
King a wrote:Let me remind that Account sitting is only for situations where the player is in danger of missing his turn.

Flow520 wrote:And another thing, stop trying to paint me as a bad guy when I'm merely presenting factual evidence which points out the impropriety of another player. It's much akin to shooting the messenger and only makes you guys looks bad.

You're doing more than pointing out facts. That's why happyfeet is upset with you. You're making assumptions and stating opinions as well.

Yes, everyone has agreed that bush did not read chat and did not follow the plan you laid out. Not disputed. However, your play led to the loss. You left me with one territory and it was right next to my teammate. How can you try to say that was a good play? We aren't trying to cover for each other (assumption). There's no need for that when nothing wrong was done. The picture of the game you posted isn't even what was requested. GoranZ requested a picture from before my last turn. There is not a conflict of interest by me (assumption). Having another sitter play instead of me isn't a conflict of interest at all. It's helpful.

Maybe you wouldn't get painted as the bad guy if you weren't coming off like a sore loser who can't admit he made an awful play that cost his team the game.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby crispybits on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm

chapcrap wrote:That's fine. I don't really disagree with king achilles there. I don't think this falls into that. He was in danger of missing his turn. And I wasn't watching his account 24/7. Someone brought it to my attention that he was in danger because they were his teammate in a game.

This is not some crazy sitting scheme or anything like that. No one tried to sabotage anything. Flow is just mad because the sitter made a bad play and didn't read chat.

Is this the answer you were talking about chapcrap?

It still doesn't answer the question. How is having someone's permanent password and the ability to jump onto the account at any time over days or weeks or months, regardless of if they are in danger of missing a turn or how often you actually use it, different from sharing that account? Account sitting is for when someone knows they will be away for a while, changes to a temporary password and gets 1 or more people to watch his account for a defined time period. NS's post, whch was quoted earlier and which King a agreed with (which nullifies your "it's only NS, he's no authority" as he's been backed up as correct BY an authority) states this quite clearly.

king a wrote:For your own good, please do take note of this:
NS wrote:Account sitting is supposed to only be used when people know ahead of time that they will be away from the computer and can change their password to a temporary one for the duration of the account sitting. Jumping into everybody's turns simply because they might miss is utterly ridiculous

This is different, because you have the permanent password, there is no definite time period. Effectively if 3 people all have each other's permanent password, and are willing to jump onto each other's account whenever it suits them to do so (like, for instance, if someone is running short on time), then that's not 3 people and 3 separate individual accounts, it's a 3 account multi account shared between 3 different people.

King a wrote:It is not for the purpose of safeguarding someone's games, 24 hours/day for as long as you want

King a wrote:this can be seen as account sharing where more than one person is already freely logging in to one account whenever these people want to
Major crispybits

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports