Conquer Club

Yumial Permaban!

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Yumial Permaban!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 am

=D> I just noticed he got a perma ban. Anyone know what the final straw was? Just curious and I say good riddance.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Yumial Permaban!

Postby edocsil on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am

I know some details, but we really shouldn't let this turn into a shit throwing contest. She is gone, and we probably shouldn't smear her too badly. It was unusual for the admins to step outside their usual escalating system, and I am grateful for their good judgement. Let's not turn this thread into something that has to get locked, it would be a poor reward to the global admins for their efforts.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby blakebowling on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:01 am

I'm sure we can all breathe a sigh of relief at the calm that will soon return to our little mafia forum.
Private blakebowling

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Great. How did you see that since don't see it in c & a forum
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby edocsil on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Great. How did you see that since don't see it in c & a forum

Her game thread got locked and a changed title.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby / on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Well, it's rather a shame in my opinion to lose any players; I wish her good luck and a nice life.
I hope she might forgive any transgressions on our part, and that we might forgive any of our own grievances against her.

Goodbye Yomiel,
I'm sorry to everyone for anything that should have been done differently on my part.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm

I can understand not wanting to pile on more crap on her, but is there somewhere where we can read the circumstances surrounding her ban? Was there something she did outside Mafialand that got her into trouble with the staff?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby strike wolf on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Basically since yomiel had an extensive history of doing the same on other sites, I petitioned Andy and RDS about giving her a ban for longer than what she was slated.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I can understand not wanting to pile on more crap on her, but is there somewhere where we can read the circumstances surrounding her ban? Was there something she did outside Mafialand that got her into trouble with the staff?

2nd
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:Basically since yomiel had an extensive history of doing the same on other sites, I petitioned Andy and RDS about giving her a ban for longer than what she was slated.

^^ This, and then some. Ultimately, our CMonkey made an executive decision among the Admins and thought it was in the better interest of the community (you fellas and gals) to permaban her, and that was given her extensive history on other sites, but mostly on how quickly she was able to have a negative impact here.

I'd like to not make an example of her, but what I've said above is what has happened. Remember guys, we're all here for Mafia, nada' the drama :D! I hope strike and I have answered any of your questions,

--rdsrds2120
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank you.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Basically since yomiel had an extensive history of doing the same on other sites, I petitioned Andy and RDS about giving her a ban for longer than what she was slated.

^^ This, and then some. Ultimately, our CMonkey made an executive decision among the Admins and thought it was in the better interest of the community (you fellas and gals) to permaban her, and that was given her extensive history on other sites, but mostly on how quickly she was able to have a negative impact here.

I'd like to not make an example of her, but what I've said above is what has happened. Remember guys, we're all here for Mafia, nada' the drama :D! I hope strike and I have answered any of your questions,

--rdsrds2120

+1 Remember Community Guidelines Rule Number 1:

Don't be intentionally annoying!

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Dibbun on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:52 am

Fight to restore Yomiel!!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176278
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jak111 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, glad we could get a few details on why it went outside of the normal box.

I hope she does get help in real life in the future, but as far as putting up with her online, haha, No.

As far as the law goes online and offline, I'm glad no one called her out on Slander (of Edoc and possibly a few others), because she seriously needs help. Not the kind that we can give her, but that of a doctor/therapist/etc. It may be just my opinion here, but she has some screws loose and if she shows signs of it in real life I hope someone sees that and helps her get whatever help she needs, ya know?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby zimmah on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:43 pm

/ wrote:Well, it's rather a shame in my opinion to lose any players; I wish her good luck and a nice life.
I hope she might forgive any transgressions on our part, and that we might forgive any of our own grievances against her.

Goodbye Yomiel,
I'm sorry to everyone for anything that should have been done differently on my part.

agreed, the community can be quite harsh sometimes.

Yomiel wasn't very nice, but maybe we did go to the extremes as well. losing a player permanently is never a good thing.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Return to Mafia Discussions