Conquer Club

Tournaments w/ only higher ranked players-2000, 2500, 3000+

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tournaments w/ only higher ranked players-2000, 2500, 3000+

Postby Breal on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am

I would like to participate in more tournaments, the only problem I see is that in the 6 or 7 I'm currently in it appears it's the same players in every one of these. Most of these common participants are lower ranked, play pretty recklessly imo, and don't put much thought into their moves, which for someone like myself who does not play 100+ games at a time is quite frustrating. Are there any tournament series for higher ranked players w/ point minimums? If not are there any plans for this? I, unfortunately, don't have the time to properly organize these but would enjoy seeing something like this and can't believe I'm alone in this. And not for just team/clan games, but for single multiplayer games.
Major Breal

Re: Tournaments w/ only higher ranked players-2000, 2500, 30

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 am

The highest allowed restriction is 2000 points. We spoke about the possibility of raising that a few months ago, but we decided against it, because we felt like the the percentage of people on CC who are higher than 2500 does not warrant it.

As far as tournaments in the works... There is one right now that Kingm has in sign ups for higher ranked players. And anyone can put that restriction on the tournament if they want. I don't personally have anything in the works for that.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Chapcrap is of course correct that the rules do not allow point restrictions greater than 2000 points per player. However, we do provide exceptions to that rule if people are running a series of the same tournament and breaking it down in leagues of different point values (i.e. 2500+ in one group, 2000-2499 in another group, etc.).
Major Night Strike

Postby silversun6 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 am

Night Strike wrote:Chapcrap is of course correct that the rules do not allow point restrictions greater than 2000 points per player. However, we do provide exceptions to that rule if people are running a series of the same tournament and breaking it down in leagues of different point values (i.e. 2500+ in one group, 2000-2499 in another group, etc.).

so is it possible to create a tourney with 2 groups - 1 with 3000+ and other with 2000+ ?
at the end of the tounrey 1 player from each group will be the winner - so no games between the two gropus will be played at all?
Colonel silversun6

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 pm

silversun6 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Chapcrap is of course correct that the rules do not allow point restrictions greater than 2000 points per player. However, we do provide exceptions to that rule if people are running a series of the same tournament and breaking it down in leagues of different point values (i.e. 2500+ in one group, 2000-2499 in another group, etc.).

so is it possible to create a tourney with 2 groups - 1 with 3000+ and other with 2000+ ?
at the end of the tounrey 1 player from each group will be the winner - so no games between the two gropus will be played at all?

With just those two levels, such a combination of tournaments would probably not be allowed. I think the previous ones have had at least 5 different levels with only the top one being an exception to the rules (and I think the 2nd tier cutoff was below the rule level also). The whole point of this rule is so tournaments are open to as many people as possible regardless of rank. Tournaments should not be designed just to protect points of high ranking players (although points can be used for seeding or even early round byes to reward better players).
Major Night Strike

Return to Tournament Archives