Conquer Club

DBo & FERN01 Severe Rating Abuse[Warned]SN

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

DBo & FERN01 Severe Rating Abuse[Warned]SN

Postby Campin_Killer on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 am

Accused:

DBo
FERN01

The accused are suspected of:

Severe Ratings Abuse

Game number(s):
Too many to list (If I have too, because you cannot, for some reason, look at their ratings page, I will provide some, but I cba to list a bunch of them)

Comments:
For DBo and FERN01, anyone that beat them receives an all 1 star rating with tags that make no sense.

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11350420
All 1s, with some rediculous tags.

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... n1111&so=D
Again

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10897050
"Sore Loser"

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... api78&so=D
Again with the 1s

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11443889
Again

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11394584
Again

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... ey3GA&so=D
Again

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... e+Boy&so=D
Again

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11348660
Again

That took about 5 minutes. But hell, I guess you cannot be bothered to look
Last edited by Campin_Killer on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Re: DBo & FERN01 Severe Rating Abuse

Postby afroaction on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:05 am

Just because you've received a bad rating from someone, doesn't mean it's abuse.
Major afroaction

Postby Campin_Killer on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:07 am

So the multiple pages of 1 stars is not ratings abuse?

Yeah, nice try.
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby Symmetry on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:46 am

afroaction wrote:Just because you've received a bad rating from someone, doesn't mean it's abuse.

I think the issue is that the system may well be being abused in a general sense. Looking at the ratings left pages for DBo at least suggests that the OP is probably right to call attention to a possible abuse of the system:

DBo's Ratings Left

I think the mods will likely be asking for specific games to look at though.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Donelladan on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 am

Some ratings are really funny :

Tags: Secret Diplomacy
Response: we were only two. how can I have secret diplomacy with myself? you're a sore loser

Rating abuse is so obvious I am just wondering why nobody report him before.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby deathcomesrippin on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 am

Please provide at least 5 cases in which you believe there is ratings abuse.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Tenebrus on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

I do hope someone bothers to datamine it. DBo is awful for this. He's the worst loser I've ever come across. And I played codeblue.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Campin_Killer on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:16 am

deathcomesrippin wrote:Please provide at least 5 cases in which you believe there is ratings abuse.

Guess it's too much to ask :roll:
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby Donelladan on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:30 am

edit : well have been done by the OP while I was posting, useless post now ^^

Thunderbirds
Game 11350420

Ratings left : 1 start each, bully, poor strategy

They played only one game together and Thunderbirds didnt say a word, and won the game. Don't see how it can be bully or poor strategy since Thunder won.

cadou
Game 10918918

One game played.
Cadou received a one star each and "rude". But cadou won so one star for game play...

SirBurninator
Game 11094445

One game played.
SirBurninator won.
He got one star each and cheap tactics.
Chat is awesome :

2012-05-13 19:55:23 - DBo: Foe'd
2012-05-13 19:59:46 - SirBurninator: why foed?
2012-05-13 19:59:53 - SirBurninator: what did I do?
2012-05-13 20:00:59 - DBo: Attacking neutrals
2012-05-13 20:02:16 - SirBurninator: why can't you attack neutrals? that is the only way to take territories...

Jessica831
Game 10874278
One game played.
Jessica831r won.
She got one star each and poor strategy.

destroyah
A lot of games but only 1vs1.
destroyah received one star each and "secret diplomacy"
as stated by destroyah

Tags: Secret Diplomacy
Response: we were only two. how can I have secret diplomacy with myself? you're a sore loser

RDM21
2 games together. RDM21 win one and DBo one.
RDM21 received a 1 star ratings everywhere and a sore loser.
The chat of both game :
Game 10687401
2012-02-27 05:27:31 - RDM21: gg
2012-02-27 05:37:23 - RDM21: oops... now you gotta work for it :)
2012-02-27 05:37:35 - RDM21: gg!

Game 10600917
2012-02-12 07:41:33 - RDM21: GL
2012-02-12 07:58:08 - RDM21: GG DBo

That's only five, and I only watched opponent with one or two games, but just a look at it ratings left is enough to say he use ratings almost exclusively to give bad ratings.
There is one good ratings for 10 bads... and I am generous with the number of good one :D
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby lokisgal on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 pm

funny I looked at this yesterday and saw he had rated me all 1's and called me a deadbeat - now the rating is gone..

he does this to everyone he beats though it looks as hes deleted quite a few that were there yesterday ..
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Re: DBo & FERN01 Severe Rating Abuse[pending]SN

Postby agentcom on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:23 am

I wonder if the OP will be happy now that donelladan did his work for him? Or does it have to be a moderator to do what the OP should have done to make him happy?

Thanks donelladan. Nicely done.
Colonel agentcom

Postby lokisgal on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 pm

ah found it

he tagged me

[respond]

DBo 4.3
2012-07-05 16:17:33 [find games]
Tags: Slow, Deadbeat, Rude, Quitter

since ive never been any of these things its a bit harsh. Id guess its retalitory since when I beat him he went on a wall post fest on my wall which got him a warning
I just checked all our games - normally he says nothing I say gl
one time I said so slow - its the last game we played together which then got me called a f*ckstick and then resulted in his wall barage :roll:
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:40 pm

agentcom wrote:I wonder if the OP will be happy now that donelladan did his work for him? Or does it have to be a moderator to do what the OP should have done to make him happy?

There's currently nothing in the guidelines that normal peeps can look at to know how many examples need to be given. It's one of the secret guidelines that only mods and people who look at how this stuff gets dealt with can know about.

Cheating an Abuse Guidelines

You might have more traction than me on actually posting what's required of complainants.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: DBo & FERN01 Severe Rating Abuse[Warned]SN

Postby sniffie on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:34 am

Both players are warned for rating abuse.

sniffie
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby agentcom on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 am

Symmetry wrote:
agentcom wrote:I wonder if the OP will be happy now that donelladan did his work for him? Or does it have to be a moderator to do what the OP should have done to make him happy?

There's currently nothing in the guidelines that normal peeps can look at to know how many examples need to be given. It's one of the secret guidelines that only mods and people who look at how this stuff gets dealt with can know about.

You might have more traction than me on actually posting what's required of complainants.

That's true that it's not in the guidelines. But usually someone pretty quickly comes along and explains it. That process I understand. What I don't understand is why so often there is hostility to the people that point out the need to back up the complaint that the ratings were actually undeserved/abusive. I just don't get why that's assumed to be the C&A team's job. I'd rather have them out hunting multis anyway! :)

That's all I was commenting on.
Colonel agentcom

Postby hmsps on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 am

agentcom wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

That's true that it's not in the guidelines. But usually someone pretty quickly comes along and explains it. That process I understand. What I don't understand is why so often there is hostility to the people that point out the need to back up the complaint that the ratings were actually undeserved/abusive. I just don't get why that's assumed to be the C&A team's job. I'd rather have them out hunting multis anyway! :)

How long does it take to look at a page of ratings? Some people are unneccessarily bureaucratic just for the sake of it. Click on the accused name, click on ratings left, job done.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:34 am

agentcom wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Do you genuinely believe that it isn't in the C&A team's job to make clear what is or isn't a valid complaint? I'm talking even before we get to the stage of the C&A team looking into it or dismissing it?

The guidelines should make it clear at least how to outline the basic standards of what constitutes a complaint that might be looked into.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:That took about 5 minutes. But hell, I guess you cannot be bothered to look

This is one of the reasons we want the OP to do some of the leg work. They make a complaint and don't or won't back it up with facts. Say it only took five minutes to look up the facts. My question is why didn't you do that in the first place? Is your five minutes of time worth more than my five minutes of time?

Just because he has a page/s of all 1's doesn't make it abuse. Maybe he only rates the real bad players.

Symmetry wrote:

True it isn't in the guidelines but then again how many people really read the guidelines? Common sense would be provide some proof when making a complaint.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Campin_Killer wrote:That took about 5 minutes. But hell, I guess you cannot be bothered to look

This is one of the reasons we want the OP to do some of the leg work. They make a complaint and don't or won't back it up with facts. Say it only took five minutes to look up the facts. My question is why didn't you do that in the first place? Is your five minutes of time worth more than my five minutes of time?

Just because he has a page/s of all 1's doesn't make it abuse. Maybe he only rates the real bad players.

Symmetry wrote:

True it isn't in the guidelines but then again how many people really read the guidelines? Common sense would be provide some proof when making a complaint.

E.S. I actually agree with your take on it... that 1 star ratings are not necessarily abuse... I was warned for this nonsense and that was my argument... why would I rate good players? I have always rated poor players in the hope (however fruitless) they might realize their poor play and adjust their game play... good players know they're good for christ's sake and I'm not big on handing out ego trips...... I wish BG brainless (sorry for the flame) took your view...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 am

Evil Semp wrote:

Symmetry wrote:

Most folk provide some proof- the question is how much should be provided, surely?

Common sense doesn't say that 5 examples are needed in some cases. Why not 2? or 4? or 6?

The guidelines should be their to guide people. If they don't read them, fair enough, but if the info on how to make a valid complaint is absent, then it it seems unfair to dismiss complaints once they have been made on the basis of unwritten rules that the complainant had no way of knowing about.

Indeed, it makes the complainant look bad, whereas they have stuck to the strict guidelines as laid out.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 am

Symmetry wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

Symmetry wrote:

Most folk provide some proof- the question is how much should be provided, surely?

Common sense doesn't say that 5 examples are needed in some cases. Why not 2? or 4? or 6?

The guidelines should be their to guide people. If they don't read them, fair enough, but if the info on how to make a valid complaint is absent, then it it seems unfair to dismiss complaints once they have been made on the basis of unwritten rules that the complainant had no way of knowing about.

Indeed, it makes the complainant look bad, whereas they have stuck to the strict guidelines as laid out.

Fair enough.

Is it that hard for cammin_killer to post some proof to get us started? If I go to the ratings left page a look at two rating and find nothing wrong with them how many more should I look at? I look at three ratings and find one that I don't agree with how many more should I look at. Just because killer doesn't agree with his rating that doesn't automatically make the other ratings abuse.

We do the same thing with SD. Tell us why you think there was SD. The third player only attacked me. Maybe with the drop you were in countries he wanted.

I guess what I am saying is "don't just throw poop on the wall and see how much will stick."
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

Symmetry wrote:

Fair enough.

Is it that hard for cammin_killer to post some proof to get us started? If I go to the ratings left page a look at two rating and find nothing wrong with them how many more should I look at? I look at three ratings and find one that I don't agree with how many more should I look at. Just because killer doesn't agree with his rating that doesn't automatically make the other ratings abuse.

We do the same thing with SD. Tell us why you think there was SD. The third player only attacked me. Maybe with the drop you were in countries he wanted.

I guess what I am saying is "don't just throw poop on the wall and see how much will stick."

I agree, but I do think that the rules should be clear as to what constitutes proof. The sad fact is that a first time complaint will think you have magical powers, and of course there's nothing in the guidelines that talks about proof.

There is merely the form.

As is, someone needs to fill out the form correctly (itself a rarity), then have a friendly poster tell them about the secret rules that they don't know about. Usually around this point a mod will tack on "pending" with no explanation. Then who knows?
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Closed C&A Reports