Conquer Club

Dragon Ball Z Mafia?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Dragon Ball Z Mafia?

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I was thinking of ideas for a big mafia to do after my C9 has finished and came up with the idea of Dragon Ball Z. One of my favourite shows as a kid.

In addition to a few different factions and unique power roles, I was thinking of adding in a concept of the Dragon Balls. 7 items that would be distributed amongst the faction. Each faction would have different ways to obtain the dragon balls off other players (allowing the game to not have any VT's) and when one faction owns all 7 of them they get a bonus power (for example; bringing someone back to life, two unblockable / untraceable kills, something big and game changing).

So for example the game may start with 13 townies with 4 of the dragon balls, 4 mafia with 2 dragon balls and 4 third party with 2 dragon balls. (Just rough mock up numbers for example purposes). Each with roles amongst them specifically for stealing or identifying who has the dragon balls.

One issue I'm not sure of how to adress is if a person with a dragon ball is killed should they get to pick who it goes to, or should it be randomly allocated to someone? I've been playing with the idea of it going to another character depending on the flavour relationship (i.e. if Goku dies with a dragon ball it goes to Chi-chi or Gohan).

Thoughts? Comments? Balance issues?
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Re: Dragon Ball Z Mafia?

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Yeah I've wanted to do a DBZ mafia myself just never decided who I would include who I would leave out. Would it be one game for the whole series or would I break it down like I have the Dexter mafias. I say go for it. Would love to play a DBZ mafia.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Dragon Ball Z would be quality. I would play.
Captain nagerous

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 pm

I spent many a night watching DBZ on Toonami. I'd definitely play.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I spent many a night watching DBZ on Toonami. I'd definitely play.

^what he said
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Return to Mafia Discussions