Conquer Club

Kings Court

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Kings Court

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:10 pm

I was playing Kings Court map. One thing I noticed was sometimes I would attack an opponents territory and it would reset to neutral and then I couldn't attack there anymore. How can I know when this is to happen and how could I conquer that territory in either that turn or future turns?
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Re: Kings Court

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 pm

They are called killer neutrals, generally they are listed on the legend as to what the type of territory does. Look for "resets to neutral" etc.
Several maps have these features, so looking at map carefully before you play will help

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I was playing Kings Court map. One thing I noticed was sometimes I would attack an opponents territory and it would reset to neutral and then I couldn't attack there anymore. How can I know when this is to happen and how could I conquer that territory in either that turn or future turns?

everywhere you read "bombard" e.g. from the duke or an archer, it means you can bombard that territory.
the instructions say
"Map-specific Gameplay Features
Bombardments

Some maps allow a special type of assault called bombardment. Bombardment doesn't allow you to conquer once the opponent's forces are destroyed, instead it converts the opposing region to a single neutral troop. Reinforcements can not be made along bombardment routes."

you could attack the territory that you have been bombarding from another position, e.g. right next to it, but an archer is not going to help you there.. try a Knight!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 pm

There are 5 territories that reset to neutral. The King and the 4 trebuchets. The King can only attack the castles. The trebuchets can't attack anything, they can only bombard.

A few more distinctions:
  • Catapults can only attack trebuchets. They bombard everything else.
  • Archers can only attack other archers. They bombard everything else.

Hope that helps. If you get confused, read the instructions on the map, they do explain everything, but there is quite a bit of detail.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Conquer Club Discussion