Conquer Club

[GO] Patriot cards

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[GO] Patriot cards

Postby skychaser on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 am

What about an alternative to the cards we have?
At Patriot cards you get bonus based on how many troops you have on a territory. But not only that, everyone wins like it's a nuke, a nuke of soldiers. Everyone gets more soldiers.

Concise description:
I thought of two versions for choice. Either one or another.
When you exchange cards, troops are added independent of color to the territories pertinent to the cards, even neutrals could gain something.
The options are as I thought.
  • It doubles the territories of the chosen card. Be it enemy of friend.
    or
  • It gives 5 + roundNumber()*2 in territories to the owner.

The Idea is simple. If you exchange a card you can give armies to your opponent. In foggy games you even have the chance of giving him the entire game depending on how you exchanged his stack out of bad luck.

At the first option you double the stack, so it means you have to stack up something to better performance. It can give you huge advantage or huge disadvantage.

The second is the milder one. You add 5 armies(numbers can be changed) and it will escalate slowly If you're in round ten you put more armies than in round 5 as an example.
I specified that one would get 5 + the roundNumber multiplied by 2, it means in round 10 everyone would get added 25 troops at the cards location.

That means the first option tends to be chaotic and the second one is lesser chaotic.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Well this would benefit the site adding a completely new way of playing cards. A new way of Risk it.
Also a new medal.
Also chaos.
Also combination with Foggy games I Like.
Also it shall force some people into fight to get territories the want to exchange cards in. So the game will get more action.
It can get people into thinking of new strategies.
Colonel skychaser

Re: Patriot cards.

Postby sdhillson on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am

I like the idea of doubling the number of troops on the territories whose cards are played. It would certainly make people more eager to fight for a specific territory and would increase opportunities for complete reshuffling of the board.

The latter option is unnecessarily complex. A variation on that which might be better is to simply get the round # of troops on the territories of the cards. So if a set of cards was played in round 5, each territory gets 5 troops. But by round 20, each territory gets 20 troops when a set is played. This would keep the element of escalating spoils to the game that you're looking for (just not as fast a rate as your equation), whereas the doubling approach might not provide that much additional firepower if stacks are not being built.

Another option is to use the same sequence as escalating spoils (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, etc.). In large games, this would ramp up the deployments even faster than the deploying the troops based on the round number.
Lieutenant sdhillson

Postby skychaser on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 am

Sdhillson. I think your option is a nice one.

The idea is implementing some more action based strategies.
Using escalating spoils could make it more easy to learn even.
Colonel skychaser

Postby deathcomesrippin on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:56 am

Another option would be also to use the flat rate for the sets, ie. Red set adds 4 to each, green 6, blue 8, and rainbow 10.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Qwert on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 am

look submitted sugestion-topic tittle--DOUBLE TROUBLE SPOILS
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby agentcom on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 pm

qwert wrote:look submitted sugestion-topic tittle--DOUBLE TROUBLE SPOILS

Similar, but yours only doubles for territs owned. His doubles for enemy territs, too. I guess the proper place for this depends on whether this sugg is a variation of yours or a different sugg altogether.
Colonel agentcom

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:08 pm

I see abuse with this with players timing out rather than getting an additional card. If that could be fixed, this could make for some interesting games.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby skychaser on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 am

patrickaa317 wrote:I see abuse with this with players timing out rather than getting an additional card. If that could be fixed, this could make for some interesting games.

Indeed Timing could be a good strategy. People could stack up a little and then try exchanging later. But it's a strategy anyway.
Imagine a scenario. Someone stacks up an army, then he takes a territory. That would mean he's got that territory so you attack him and at some point he's got to double your army or exchange another.
At some point I may Attack your place to lure you away from my real objective(Sun Tzu like).

The thing with fixed cards is that they are worth too little to make any difference.
Colonel skychaser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 am

agentcom wrote:
qwert wrote:look submitted sugestion-topic tittle--DOUBLE TROUBLE SPOILS

Similar, but yours only doubles for territs owned. His doubles for enemy territs, too. I guess the proper place for this depends on whether this sugg is a variation of yours or a different sugg altogether.

I feel like qwert's is better, though, as doubling/adding troops to enemy regions seems to defeat the purpose of cashing in spoils. And more often than not, you'll have a set with no regions of your own (this is why Nuclear works well).

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby skychaser on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:40 am

But thats Exactly why it would be action driven. One would have to conquer a territory to get the cards working.
Except for small maps and neutral only like Pelop. I think it would give a lot of action.

Of course most time you get cards where you don't have armies, that's why you will have to take that territory And someone seeing you taking could try taking it again since you will have to play the cards. it.
Example. You got cards to Japan but you have your stack at some place at North America. Then you may have to march all the way to Japan to get the territory you need to exchange.
Colonel skychaser

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 am

skychaser wrote:But thats Exactly why it would be action driven. One would have to conquer a territory to get the cards working.
Except for small maps and neutral only like Pelop. I think it would give a lot of action.

Of course most time you get cards where you don't have armies, that's why you will have to take that territory And someone seeing you taking could try taking it again since you will have to play the cards. it.
Example. You got cards to Japan but you have your stack at some place at North America. Then you may have to march all the way to Japan to get the territory you need to exchange.

i dont see how its this diferent then mine? In mine sugestion also are benefit to take territory with same name ,like card you have.
Except your suggestion card option don't recognize ally and foe. That why i dont understand name Patriot,, its more look like name-Random reinforcment Cards.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby skychaser on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Ok. Your options is in some ways similar. Thanks though. I guess people find it better so be it.

I named it patriot cause doesn't matter who owns it the card it will always reinforce it's own country. Thus the loyalty of the card is for a country independent of it's ruler.
Colonel skychaser

Return to Archived Suggestions