It's not my call. The higher powers want the four knock-out tournaments running on the same schedule. Also, to make it easy to remember, we're keeping the same schedule relative to the days of the week. So, Sunday you PM your home games to me, Monday you post them, Tuesday I make the games, etc., etc., etc.
The schedule for the finals. In terms of days of the week, it's the same as the other rounds, but the game count is a little different.
1. Next Sunday, (Sunday Aug 5th) you PM me your home games (including settings and rosters) for two Dubs, two Trips, and 3 Quads. You PM them to me.
2. On Monday, (Monday Aug 6th) you take that same list of games and POST it here in this thread.
3. On Tuesday or Wednesday I will make the games and invite all the home players. Please accept invites as promptly as possible, and please watch for any clan-mates that are offline and need to be covered for.
4. On Thursday, (Thursday Aug 9th) you must send me your list of Away players for your opponents home maps.
5. On Thursday and Friday I will be inviting Away players into their games, but I will not invite any Away players into a game if the Home players have not yet accepted their invites. I consider this a fair play issue: there is no 12-hour rule, so this way we guarantee that you will have first peek at 50% of your games. There should be no reason why all Home players have not accepted their invites by the end of Thursday.
6. The neutral "Tiebreaker" game will be created only after all other games have started. You can send me your rosters for those any time. Most clans last time sent their Tiebreaker roster with the first PM, but it's okay if you want to wait until the second PM or even for the second Sunday (Aug 12th.)
NOTA BENE: A few things are different in the Final than in the first two rounds.
Dukasaur wrote:All Home teams have joined their games within the first invite. I'm very impressed.
Everyone is geared up and ready.
My gear consists of some rocket launchers and bazookas.... 1RFG only has BB guns and pea shooters...
hey, don't make fun of my Canadian cavalry unit, TC! The rest of us are armed with iron will, L85A2 rifles equipped with underslung grenade launchers and gattling guns mounted on our Land Rovers Snatch 2's.
We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
The game in question is Game 11530935. General Brock II cannot be included in the draw because he is already in it. Agent 86 cannot be included in the draw because he is already playing 5 games. So, I will now go to random.org and roll an electronic D10. If I get a 1 or a 7, I will re-roll it.