Conquer Club

Now a F*ckin' Space Science Thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Now a F*ckin' Space Science Thread

Postby Maugena on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

???
Last edited by Maugena on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Re: Technicality?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby kentington on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

I approve this message.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Maugena on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr

My ex shared this on Facebook and I was like... no... this is incorrect and some random was like, "blah blah blah, restating your point in some odd way and then says other shit" and I was like, "Okay... but it wasn't religion that was 'deciding what chicken was okay to eat... I was just stating that this is wrong." And the guy was like, "And I was just stating the error in your point."
My face on the keyboaoprijaspodijfpoasidjfpoasijdfpoasijdfpouhigraeoijnhh ,ikehgyiuhuyogpuyer8i9ye5rho.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Maugena wrote:

My ex shared this on Facebook and I was like... no... this is incorrect and some random was like, "blah blah blah, restating your point in some odd way and then says other shit" and I was like, "Okay... but it wasn't religion that was 'deciding what chicken was okay to eat... I was just stating that this is wrong." And the guy was like, "And I was just stating the error in your point."
My face on the keyboaoprijaspodijfpoasidjfpoasijdfpoasijdfpouhigraeoijnhh ,ikehgyiuhuyogpuyer8i9ye5rho.

I can't stand people who debate issues or post their political/religious beliefs on Facebook. Sadly, compared to CC, they sound utterly uninformed and ignorant.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Lootifer on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeh, facey arguments seem so fucking retarded after spending some time around here. You can predict exactly what is going to be said.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby kentington on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Lootifer wrote:Yeh, facey arguments seem so fucking retarded after spending some time around here. You can predict exactly what is going to be said.

One of the reasons I don't have facebook. Besides getting cows, trees, and poked every five minutes.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 pm

religion was on Mars when the dinosaurs ruled our planet.

I hate ecards too. They suck!!!!!
Major Phatscotty

Postby nietzsche on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Maugena wrote:

I can't stand people who debate issues or post their political/religious beliefs on Facebook. Sadly, compared to CC, they sound utterly uninformed and ignorant.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I stopped login into FB. I guess most people isn't that educated or can actually think for themselves, they merely repeat the most stupid phrases. And when you respect someone in RL only to see them posting their stupid religious or political views, well, it sucks because it's harder to take them seriously now.

I always love a good debate here on CC, but lately a lot of them are totally biased that you cannot call it other than stupid propaganda, or preaching in the case of the religious nuts.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
Maugena wrote:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I stopped login into FB. I guess most people isn't that educated or can actually think for themselves, they merely repeat the most stupid phrases. And when you respect someone in RL only to see them posting their stupid religious or political views, well, it sucks because it's harder to take them seriously now.

I always love a good debate here on CC, but lately a lot of them are totally biased that you cannot call it other than stupid propaganda, or preaching in the case of the religious nuts.

Yea, one of my brothers sounds like Phatscotty on Facebook. It's sad, especially knowing his RL personality is wholly different.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.
Cadet tzor

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:16 pm

tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.

not sure if trolling or serious

also I thought this was cool Image
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Army of GOD wrote:not sure if trolling or serious

A but of both actually. You might want to read "Death from the Skies" by Phil Phlat to see how dangerous the solar system can be.

A lof of calculations for "life" (and by that we don't mean single cell organisms) that exist on earth are often forgotten in simple mass calculations for like potential. The earth has a significant magnetic field. It has a significant orbiting companion that provides significant tidal forces. It also has a dynamic liquid core that keeps the crust active (and also provides that massive dynamo that protects the earth from the solar wind, which also has the nasty tendency to strip a planet's atmosphere).

You are not going to find a nice place like that in the solar system. The moons of Jupiter and Saturn come close, only because the solar effects are greatly reduced at that distance.

Bear in mind that the universe has already given our planet the cosmic finger a number of times. Several major extermination events might be in fact related to cosmic causes. (Events that make the asteroid impact that killed the alreadydying dinosaurs trivial.) Again, read that book from Phlat. A little science can be a dangerous thing; you need to learn a bit more.
Cadet tzor

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:23 am

Two hundred years from now, a historian stumbles into tzor's post. Upon reading "you are not going to find a nice place like that in the solar system," she laughs.

Her colleague ridicules tzor, but the historian comments about the impossibility of possessing future knowledge; therefore, such ridicule may be unfair in tzor's case.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 am

Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.

Word of advice - Gliese 581g girls are hot and loose, but, if you want a chick you can bring home to meet mom, stick with Gliese 581d women. Unfortunately, they're amorphous clouds of ammonia vapor so aren't that fun on a date.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby heavycola on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 am

tzor wrote: a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine

SCIENCE IS A UNSENITENT
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 am

Army of GOD wrote:

even a difference as small as 1% could kill most life on earth.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Neoteny on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 am

heavycola wrote:
tzor wrote: a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine

SCIENCE IS A UNSENITENT

HEAVYCOLA IS A NOSTALGIC
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby TDK on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Two hundred years from now, a historian stumbles into tzor's post. Upon reading "you are not going to find a nice place like that in the solar system," she laughs.

Her colleague ridicules tzor, but the historian comments about the impossibility of possessing future knowledge; therefore, such ridicule may be unfair in tzor's case.

That raises an interesting thought: in 200 years, will the CC servers even be accessible? I'm all for keeping it going, but that would require an inflation- adjusted membership fee... :-$
Cadet TDK

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 pm

As much as I would like to say that folks who support Chic Fila are also deniers of the Mars landing, its just not true.

That people are idiotic in one area does not necessarily mean they are universally idiotic. Even among Young Earth supporters, there are few who actually deny that things like the moon landing and Mars landing happened
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

zimmah wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

Yes but that doesnt mean we cant adapt to a specific environment given enough input energy.

i.e. There may not be life there, but we could potentially live there.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Lootifer wrote:
zimmah wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

Yes but that doesnt mean we cant adapt to a specific environment given enough input energy.

i.e. There may not be life there, but we could potentially live there.

NO LOOT, THAT'S OUT OF THE QUESTION. Personally, I think we should clone the Earth. That'd be much better, and sounds to me like more plausible.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Like get a big chain and tie it around Mars then drag is in towards the sun for a few million miles. Then fire some glue at it, then fire the moon at it, blowing up the moon with a big explosion just before it hits (to have like a shotgun effect - so all the little bits of the moon stick to the previously fired glue - to make it bigger durr!).

Then like get a really big bubble blower ring thing (will need lots of soap suds for this one) and blow some really big bubbles and send them at mars so it gets some atmosphere. Boom new earth.

f*ck im smart sometimes.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby crispybits on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

You forgot the bit where we create giant magnets all over Mars surface to give it the field to protect against solar winds.
Major crispybits

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:32 pm

crispybits wrote:You forgot the bit where we create giant magnets all over Mars surface to give it the field to protect against solar winds.

THE SOLAR WINDS NOOOOOoooOOOOOooooo *gets blown off his nice new shiney mars surface*
Lieutenant Lootifer

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,