Conquer Club

spoils

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

spoils

Postby markleadon on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:45 pm

can anyone tell me if there is equal chance to get red, blue or green spoils OR is one colour more prominent?
Captain markleadon

Re: spoils

Postby chapcrap on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Equal chance for all 3. It's random every time.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm

markleadon wrote:can anyone tell me if there is equal chance to get red, blue or green spoils OR is one colour more prominent?

totally random.
spoils are based on territs, so once you take and hold one spoil from a deck, you decrease the deck and increase the chance of getting a particular spoil(save for the one you already hold)
but the colorscheme is random.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby markleadon on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 pm

thanks to both of you.... i must just lbe linked to "red"!!!!
Captain markleadon

Postby Fewnix on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:33 am

Yes, the colour of any given spoils is random. However, in the true CC spirit, you can always play with the figures :D . e.g. if you hold on to your spoils until you have 5 and have to cash, you can try to play for a set you like.

Say you have three spoils all red. You don't need to cash,this turn, you can take the deploy and hope to get a blue and green spoils soon, for a rainbow set- You are guaranteed to have a red set to cash some time, have some chance of getting a rainbow set you can cash instead of the possible red set and have no chance to get a three green or a thee blue set, this go
If you have three red spools- the odds are 2/3 your fourth spoil will be blue or green. IF your fourth spoils is blue or green, there is one chance in 3 the fifth spoils will make a rainbow set. Starting with 3 red spoils, the odds are 2/9 of getting a rainbow set, this go.

Of course if you have three red and get a fourth spoil red. there is zero chance of getting anything other than a red set this go. Only question is : do you cash in a red set next round or the round after.

A factor to consider that may affect your play, for good or evil, is the 2 auto -deploy for cashing a spoils and you hold the tert. Say one of your three red spoils is Perth and you hold Perth now or could take it easily. Cashing the set combo for what it is worth and the 2 auto deploy may be something to think about.

Of course in escalating sets, any change in value is based on others cashing sets, not on the colour of your spoils, but I will shut up now and let the Fun with Figures types have a say.
. ;)
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:36 am

Interestingly I had a spoil that I used, and 2 turns later I got the same territory's spoil in a different color...
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 am

fadedpsychosis wrote:Interestingly I had a spoil that I used, and 2 turns later I got the same territory's spoil in a different color...

this is indeed very likely
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion