Is Obama a Marxist?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Obama a Marxist?

Of course!, because Marxist means whatever I want it to mean
10
23%
Yes
8
19%
He's kinda Marxist
7
16%
I dunno cuz I'm agnostic
1
2%
No
17
40%
 
Total votes : 43

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 am

If the meat looks well done, and you've stuck a fork in it 6 times to confirm, should there be any doubt that the meat is well done?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:35 am

saxitoxin wrote:Obama is a book club leftist who spent university chattering about Rosa Luxemburg over cappuccinos because it fed some prissy intellectual void in his mind, then he got old and cynical - figured the big house in Hyde Park and the Lexus was better than his 5-minute youthful dream of tromping through ...


Replace "Obama" with "BBS", "leftist" with "anarcho-capitalist" and "Rosa Luxemburg" with "Ludwig von Mises" and I think I've just inadvertently predicted the future ... :o

BBS - PRESIDENT IN 2016 - HAIL TO HIS HORRIBILENESS!!! HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND FEMININE LOOKING BOYS!

User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:40 am

saxitoxin wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Obama is a book club leftist who spent university chattering about Rosa Luxemburg over cappuccinos because it fed some prissy intellectual void in his mind, then he got old and cynical - figured the big house in Hyde Park and the Lexus was better than his 5-minute youthful dream of tromping through ...
...a seastead with Patri Friedman - realized the money train was about to pull into his station and stapled a "For Sale Rent" sign to his forehead. An anarcho-capitalist revolution would mean the end of [Future Moneybags Inc.]. [Future Moneybags Inc.] wouldn't give millions to BBS if he were plotting to have their directors survive within a competitive legal and regulatory system.




Replace "Obama" with "BBS", "leftist" with "anarcho-capitalist" and "Rosa Luxemburg" with "Ludwig von Mises" and I think I've just inadvertently predicted the future ... :o

BBS - PRESIDENT IN 2016 - HAIL TO HIS HORRIBILENESS!!! HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND FEMININE LOOKING BOYS!





Image
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.

"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.

Image


Scott, do you believe Obama is secretly a punk-rock performance poet?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.

Image


Scott, do you believe Obama is secretly a punk-rock performance poet?


no, but I will tip you 2 of my saxibucks for watching the clip
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:35 am

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.

Image


Scott, do you believe Obama is secretly a punk-rock performance poet?


no, but I will tip you 2 of my saxibucks for watching the clip


Why is it likely he's secretly a Marxist but not likely he's secretly a Punk Rock Performance Poet?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby GBU56 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:54 am

Phatscotty wrote:Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.




Anyone who posts so-called facts from Fox News Network or Glenn Beck, should have his/her brain checked for faulty neuron connections.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class GBU56
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:18 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 am

GBU56 wrote:Anyone who posts so-called facts from Fox News Network or Glenn Beck, should have his/her brain checked for faulty neuron connections.


If they're so obvious to disprove, why don't you do so?
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8635
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby GBU56 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 am

Image
Image

Once you get kicked out of Fox News Network for being too crazy, well your television career is over......

Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class GBU56
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:18 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 am

Oh look, he can post pictures instead of posting facts.

By the way, you have no proof he was kicked off Fox News. He left because he was self-employed in every area except television. Today, his 2 hour internet network has more subscribers (you know, people who pay money to watch his show) than CNN has viewers. Sounds like he's doing quite well after leaving Fox News.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8635
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.

Image


Scott, do you believe Obama is secretly a punk-rock performance poet?


no, but I will tip you 2 of my saxibucks for watching the clip


Why is it likely he's secretly a Marxist but not likely he's secretly a Punk Rock Performance Poet?


Because it's not a secret, not anymore. :D

He has Marxist tendencies. He has hired and appointed way too many Marxists already as it is. There is no shoving the rabbit back into the hat.

Obama ♥ redistributing the wealth
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Okay, here's the deal PS. Your definition of Obama as a marxist and/or progressive hinges upon things he's said or people he's associated with. My definition of Obama as a Republican in Democrat clothing hinges upon the laws he's signed and the policies he's implemented since being president. Are you saying that a better barometer of the president's political ideology is what he's said and people he's associated with? If the answer to that question is yes, you are delusional, but let's say the answer is yes. If the answer is yes, my response is, "so what?" since the evidence of the last four years points to him being a Republican, not a marxist and not a progressive.

Let me give you a simple example - I can say that I prefer the Waterloo map to all other maps. I an in a user group that mostly plays the Waterloo map. If I have never played Waterloo, does that make me a Waterloo player? No, it does not.


This is not a criticism of your being able to criticize the president. Rather, this is a criticism of how you have labelled the president and how you present your arguments. He is NOT a Marxist. He is NOT a progressive.


I realize that. I also understand why you say he's the same as any president. Of course words do not match up to actions, but I will say, that because of Obama covering up his paper trail all his life, voting "present" 97% of the time while in the state Senate....."a better barometer of the president's political ideology is what he's said and people he's associated with?" It's not about being better or worse....it's about being all we have! Wait, you mean you think I would actually answer yes to your question? Okay now that's just insulting.

I think Obama is a Leftist, a Collectivist, a socialist, a Marxist, whatever you want to call it....he is about redistributing other peoples wealth, and I believe he is ALL about it, more than any president in recent history, and probably the most since FDR. And I think that because he has surrounded himself with those kind of people, which means he believes in and is comfortable around those kinds of people, and not just in the last 2 years, or the last 4 years.....all...his....life. His friends at the University he taught at, the leader of his church, his spiritual leader today, his mentor from age 10-16, the direction his mother set for him...the guy hung a Mao Christmas ornament on the tree at the White House. Technically, that is an action :P

Would you be able to agree Obama was a Marxist if his college records turn up a thesis paper titled "The Glory of Karl Marx's ball sack"? Or does that just count as "something he said"

Curious: What do you label Obama?


Answer to Question 1: No. If the president was currently in a Marxist appreciation group, I would not label him a Marxist BECAUSE I GO BY WHAT THE DUDE DOES AS PRESIDENT!

Answer to Question 2: A Democrat in name only.

Here's the challenge to you - what laws has the president signed or what policies has the president implemented that lead you to believe he's a marxist/progressive/wealth-redistributor?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:56 am

Night Strike wrote:Oh look, he can post pictures instead of posting facts.


Are you talking about Phatscotty?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:11 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Okay, here's the deal PS. Your definition of Obama as a marxist and/or progressive hinges upon things he's said or people he's associated with. My definition of Obama as a Republican in Democrat clothing hinges upon the laws he's signed and the policies he's implemented since being president. Are you saying that a better barometer of the president's political ideology is what he's said and people he's associated with? If the answer to that question is yes, you are delusional, but let's say the answer is yes. If the answer is yes, my response is, "so what?" since the evidence of the last four years points to him being a Republican, not a marxist and not a progressive.

Let me give you a simple example - I can say that I prefer the Waterloo map to all other maps. I an in a user group that mostly plays the Waterloo map. If I have never played Waterloo, does that make me a Waterloo player? No, it does not.


This is not a criticism of your being able to criticize the president. Rather, this is a criticism of how you have labelled the president and how you present your arguments. He is NOT a Marxist. He is NOT a progressive.


I realize that. I also understand why you say he's the same as any president. Of course words do not match up to actions, but I will say, that because of Obama covering up his paper trail all his life, voting "present" 97% of the time while in the state Senate....."a better barometer of the president's political ideology is what he's said and people he's associated with?" It's not about being better or worse....it's about being all we have! Wait, you mean you think I would actually answer yes to your question? Okay now that's just insulting.

I think Obama is a Leftist, a Collectivist, a socialist, a Marxist, whatever you want to call it....he is about redistributing other peoples wealth, and I believe he is ALL about it, more than any president in recent history, and probably the most since FDR. And I think that because he has surrounded himself with those kind of people, which means he believes in and is comfortable around those kinds of people, and not just in the last 2 years, or the last 4 years.....all...his....life. His friends at the University he taught at, the leader of his church, his spiritual leader today, his mentor from age 10-16, the direction his mother set for him...the guy hung a Mao Christmas ornament on the tree at the White House. Technically, that is an action :P

Would you be able to agree Obama was a Marxist if his college records turn up a thesis paper titled "The Glory of Karl Marx's ball sack"? Or does that just count as "something he said"

Curious: What do you label Obama?


Answer to Question 1: No. If the president was currently in a Marxist appreciation group, I would not label him a Marxist BECAUSE I GO BY WHAT THE DUDE DOES AS PRESIDENT!

Answer to Question 2: A Democrat in name only.

Here's the challenge to you - what laws has the president signed or what policies has the president implemented that lead you to believe he's a marxist/progressive/wealth-redistributor?


Let me ask you another thing. That Neo-Nazi guy that shot up the Sikh temple.....wait....he only attended Nazi appreciation rallies....but I guess according to your logic, that means he was not a Nazi, because he did not do it as the job he currently holds?

Joining a Marxist appreciation group counts as "doing something" and it sure is not and anti-Marxist action. It seems like you are talking about "the president" but not "Obama" as if there are 2 separate entities? If that is the case, then we are not on the same page.


Does appointing Kagan and Sotamayor count? If he was a Democrat in name only, why did he appoint severe Leftists to the Supreme Court?
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:12 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Oh look, he can post pictures instead of posting facts.


Are you talking about Phatscotty?


yup. I do not respond with words, and certainly not to you TGD for the last 30 minutes. If you think I'm typing all this shit so that you can turn around and pretend I am the one only posting pictures and dodging all challenges and arguments and ignore GBU is 100% dodging Strike (I have made sure to address everyone) then I am pretty clearly wasting my time.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Oh look, he can post pictures instead of posting facts.


Are you talking about Phatscotty?


yup. I do not respond with words, and certainly not to you TGD for the last 30 minutes. If you think I'm typing all this shit so that you can turn around and pretend I am the one only posting pictures and dodging all challenges and arguments and ignore GBU is 100% dodging Strike (I have made sure to address everyone) then I am pretty clearly wasting my time.


Does this mean your not going to post here any more?
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Thinking about dropping it in this thread, yes. nothing productive is coming out of it. We are just goign to have different opinions, AND THAT IS OKAY.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Okay, here's the deal PS. Your definition of Obama as a marxist and/or progressive hinges upon things he's said or people he's associated with. My definition of Obama as a Republican in Democrat clothing hinges upon the laws he's signed and the policies he's implemented since being president. Are you saying that a better barometer of the president's political ideology is what he's said and people he's associated with? If the answer to that question is yes, you are delusional, but let's say the answer is yes. If the answer is yes, my response is, "so what?" since the evidence of the last four years points to him being a Republican, not a marxist and not a progressive.

Let me give you a simple example - I can say that I prefer the Waterloo map to all other maps. I an in a user group that mostly plays the Waterloo map. If I have never played Waterloo, does that make me a Waterloo player? No, it does not.


This is not a criticism of your being able to criticize the president. Rather, this is a criticism of how you have labelled the president and how you present your arguments. He is NOT a Marxist. He is NOT a progressive.


I realize that. I also understand why you say he's the same as any president. Of course words do not match up to actions, but I will say, that because of Obama covering up his paper trail all his life, voting "present" 97% of the time while in the state Senate....."a better barometer of the president's political ideology is what he's said and people he's associated with?" It's not about being better or worse....it's about being all we have! Wait, you mean you think I would actually answer yes to your question? Okay now that's just insulting.

I think Obama is a Leftist, a Collectivist, a socialist, a Marxist, whatever you want to call it....he is about redistributing other peoples wealth, and I believe he is ALL about it, more than any president in recent history, and probably the most since FDR. And I think that because he has surrounded himself with those kind of people, which means he believes in and is comfortable around those kinds of people, and not just in the last 2 years, or the last 4 years.....all...his....life. His friends at the University he taught at, the leader of his church, his spiritual leader today, his mentor from age 10-16, the direction his mother set for him...the guy hung a Mao Christmas ornament on the tree at the White House. Technically, that is an action :P

Would you be able to agree Obama was a Marxist if his college records turn up a thesis paper titled "The Glory of Karl Marx's ball sack"? Or does that just count as "something he said"

Curious: What do you label Obama?


Answer to Question 1: No. If the president was currently in a Marxist appreciation group, I would not label him a Marxist BECAUSE I GO BY WHAT THE DUDE DOES AS PRESIDENT!

Answer to Question 2: A Democrat in name only.

Here's the challenge to you - what laws has the president signed or what policies has the president implemented that lead you to believe he's a marxist/progressive/wealth-redistributor?


Let me ask you another thing. That Neo-Nazi guy that shot up the Sikh temple.....wait....he only attended Nazi appreciation rallies....but I guess according to your logic, that means he was not a Nazi, because he did not do it as the job he currently holds?

Joining a Marxist appreciation group counts as "doing something" and it sure is not and anti-Marxist action. It seems like you are talking about "the president" but not "Obama" as if there are 2 separate entities? If that is the case, then we are not on the same page.


Does appointing Kagan and Sotamayor count? If he was a Democrat in name only, why did he appoint severe Leftists to the Supreme Court?


(1) Nazi Sikh temple - If the neo-Nazi guy was a member of the Nazi group 10 or more years ago and then spent the last four years worshipping at a Sikh temple, giving the Sikh temple money, and licking the hands of the Sikh worshippers, yeah, he's not a Nazi. Again, your evidence for the president being a marxist, et. al. ignores the past four to six years WHEN HE WAS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL IN A NATIONALLY PROMINENT POSITION(!!!!) and relies upon various items from his past.

(2) What? Anytime I refer to the president, I'm referring to Barack Obama. I try to have some respect for the office, if not the man holding the office.

(3) Yes, appointing Kagan and Sotomayor count. That's two. What else you got? When I have more time I'll do a list of all the things the president (Obama) has done while in office (still talking about Obama). I'll list the laws the president (Obama) has signed and the policies he's drafted and you can tell me which ones are leftist/marxist/progressive. If more of them are leftist/marxist/progressive, you win.

I'm going to start with three (just to give a flavor). Wiki has a good list that I will use in the future.

(1) Appointment of Justices Kagan and Sotomayor: leftist/marxist/progressive
(2) Signing the Affordable Care Act: ?
(3) Continued prosecution of two foreign wars and the prosecution of one "military action" without the approval of Congress: ?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Oh look, he can post pictures instead of posting facts.


Are you talking about Phatscotty?


yup. I do not respond with words, and certainly not to you TGD for the last 30 minutes. If you think I'm typing all this shit so that you can turn around and pretend I am the one only posting pictures and dodging all challenges and arguments and ignore GBU is 100% dodging Strike (I have made sure to address everyone) then I am pretty clearly wasting my time.


Oh please with this crap. First of all, I'm making fun of NS for being a blatant hypocrit. You post pictures and video all the time instead of making an agrument. Second of all, stop with the pity me bullshit.

The three of us (PS, NS, and TGD) and probably BBS should get along splendidly, but you and NS are like fucking sheep sometimes. The worst part is you actually think you're thinking for yourselves when you're not. Obama's not a progressive. He's not. There is no evidence in the last six years to suggest that he is. He's not going to do anything that will ruin your life that a Republican president wouldn't also do.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Yes, I posted pictures, on page 1, maybe 2. Do you really think what strike said on page 5 applies to Phatscotty's pictures on page 1 or 2, and not the pictures that GBU posted in his dodge, and in the post directly before Strikes? It shows dishonesty

Back on topic, I think Obama is a Progressive, and does share the Socialist philosophy, and has been influenced by Marxism (there is proof of this, already posted), and his words at least do promote the tenetst of the Communist Manifesto.

And we should get along splendidly, and I know sometimes you guys come down on me when you think I'm wrong, and sometimes you are right and I appreciate that. This time I think you are going a bit far, but that's okay too.

But let me ask you this because I want to make sure I understand cleary. BBS and Saxi can chime in on this too. You know the saying "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then...." I think you guys would agree Obama definitely quacks like a Leftist. Do you? So then that brings us to walking like a Leftist. I admit I have not brought forth a solid piece of evidence, but it seems like the only evidence you would accept is if Obama passed a bill named "Marxism rules" and then Obama followed it up by saying "My name is Obama, and I am a Marxist, and I pass this bill because it spreads the Marxism around" Of course, Obama will never do that, perhaps because he is not a Marxist, but even if he is a Marxist, he still would not do that.

But, is it really fair to say "he has not walked like a Progressive, therefore he cannot be or is not a Progressive"? Is not the possibility still up for debate?

Can I also ask a follow up to your "democrat in name only" response. The legislation Obama has passed.....You obviously have stated that none of it is Marxist or Progressive or Socialist.....then what what it? Free market based legislation? Does it have Objectivist overtones or Ayn Rand's fingerprints on it? Has it all been Social Conservative legislation?
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:35 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Obama's not a progressive. He's not. There is no evidence in the last six years to suggest that he is. He's not going to do anything that will ruin your life that a Republican president wouldn't also do.


That's because besides Reagan, the Republican presidents have also been progressives. Obama has thrown out Congress by enacting the DREAM Act unilaterally. He has also now thrown out the looking-for-work requirement from welfare as well as granting waivers to states from No Child Left Behind. He has refused to enforce DOMA even though Congress has yet to repeal it. Those are all things progressives would do, not Constitutionalists.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8635
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Just wanted to share a little piece I have come across in my intense research of Obama's connections to Marxism. If you can get over the person who is repeating the information, you will be able to get the information. Yes, I know most of this is "words" but these words are going to guide my investigation of where to look for the actions, and at least they are Obama's words.

Image


Scott, do you believe Obama is secretly a punk-rock performance poet?


no, but I will tip you 2 of my saxibucks for watching the clip


Why is it likely he's secretly a Marxist but not likely he's secretly a Punk Rock Performance Poet?


Because it's not a secret, not anymore. :D


In the video clip you posted, it said Obama was a Marxist because he associated with Marxists in college. It also said he associated with Punk Rock Performance Poets in college. If Obama is a Marxist, why is he also not a Punk Rock Performance Poet?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Yes, I posted pictures, on page 1, maybe 2. Do you really think what strike said on page 5 applies to Phatscotty's pictures on page 1 or 2, and not the pictures that GBU posted in his dodge, and in the post directly before Strikes? It shows dishonesty

Back on topic, I think Obama is a Progressive, and does share the Socialist philosophy, and has been influenced by Marxism (there is proof of this, already posted), and his words at least do promote the tenetst of the Communist Manifesto.

And we should get along splendidly, and I know sometimes you guys come down on me when you think I'm wrong, and sometimes you are right and I appreciate that. This time I think you are going a bit far, but that's okay too.

But let me ask you this because I want to make sure I understand cleary. BBS and Saxi can chime in on this too. You know the saying "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then...." I think you guys would agree Obama definitely quacks like a Leftist. Do you? So then that brings us to walking like a Leftist. I admit I have not brought forth a solid piece of evidence, but it seems like the only evidence you would accept is if Obama passed a bill named "Marxism rules" and then Obama followed it up by saying "My name is Obama, and I am a Marxist, and I pass this bill because it spreads the Marxism around" Of course, Obama will never do that, perhaps because he is not a Marxist, but even if he is a Marxist, he still would not do that.

But, is it really fair to say "he has not walked like a Progressive, therefore he cannot be or is not a Progressive"? Is not the possibility still up for debate?

Can I also ask a follow up to your "democrat in name only" response. The legislation Obama has passed.....You obviously have stated that none of it is Marxist or Progressive or Socialist.....then what what it? Free market based legislation? Does it have Objectivist overtones or Ayn Rand's fingerprints on it? Has it all been Social Conservative legislation?


I think I can answer all of your questions other than those in the second two paragraphs with the following: If the president (Obama) had signed into law an act wherein the government ran healthcare in the United States, I would absolutely agree that he's a progressive. In other words, if we had, for realsies, universal government-provided healthcare, I would be on board. That's my example of Obama walking like a duck.

Second to last paragraph question - See Saxi's answer for the humorous and rhetorical answer. I would welcome (WELCOME!) a debate between a real progressive and a real conservative. We won't have that. So, I think you can argue from a conservative position against Obama the progressive, but Obama the progressive does not exist so it's a pointless argument.

Last paragraph question - The president's (Obama's) administration has a couple of things in it. The biggest one I would call crony capitalism. The biggest three pieces of legislation he signed were (1) industry bailout (money to companies and unions); (2) bank bailout (money to companies); and (3) Affordable Care Act (money to insurance companies). Crony capitalism. Maybe some or all of it was influenced by unions, but that's still crony capitalism. If we're discussing things the president (Obama) has talked about, I would just point you to his 2012 state of the union speech where he talked a lot about domestic industry fairness and the like... also crony capitalism but I disregard that because he hasn't even proposed anything concrete... anyway, I digress. He has signed on to even more stringent domestic spying laws than President Bush did... I would call that police state type views. He prosecuted two foreign wars and one undeclared war. I would call that interventionist or hawkish stuff. The only things he did that real liberals probably liked was to revoke Don't Ask Don't Tell and appoint two liberal justices.

To put it another, much simpler way - I have a lot of liberal friends. NONE of them think President Obama represents their views. When the people who Obama would ostensibly support are calling him a Republican, why in the hell could you possibly think he's a progressive/Marxist (unless you're just listening to what conservative commentators like Beck Limbaugh, etc. tell you)?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Is Obama a Marxist?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:45 pm

I see what you are saying. I think he is Progressive and influenced by Marx because of what he stands for (what he says he stands for), ad based on his past, which included being directly tutored for years by Marxist Frank Marshall Davis, Jeremiah Wright, Reverand Wallace, his own words in his book "seeking out Marxist professors", the hand picked appointments of the straight up, self admitted Communists, admitted Maoists, admitted Marxists etc as Czars. I can only imagine what those Czars are doing, not like we will ever know much of the truth concerning them.

I'm going to have to be talked into changing my mind about this. Thanks for trying you made some good points. Just one question: if a Marxist got elected into a capitalist system, would the Marxist take advantage of Crony Capitalism?
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login