Conquer Club

building a map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

building a map

Postby okiewind7 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 pm

bulleseyeMapmaker(s):
122[b]Special Features:
I think it would be a fun map that everyone could relate to because it looks like a dartboard.]

you have double territories that count as +2 triples as +3 but the doubles have 3 neutrals starting out and the triples have 5 neutrals starting. my idea is the outer bullseys has maybe 10 neutrals and center bullseye has maybe 20 however there could be extra bonuses for holding these. my idea is to have it so that you can't move side to side on the board except maybe through a double or triple however on the bullseye you can either attack or bombard any territory on the map. this is a new idea and very rough in my mind however i would love to have some feedback on what people think of this map idea and to help me with the technicals of it because i don't understand how the process works yet but i am willing to learn and encourage ideas from others. my creative side of my mind is always running overtime and i'm always thinking of new ideas but just yesterday is the first time i knew about the foundry for the first time. i would greatly appreciate any help and please send me a pm or post on my wall when i get a comment so i can be sure to check in
The best way for evil to prevail is for good men to sit around and do nothing.

Let's Go To WAR!
Lieutenant okiewind7

Re: building a map

Postby okiewind7 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 pm

also i think there should be two territories in between each double and triple
The best way for evil to prevail is for good men to sit around and do nothing.

Let's Go To WAR!
Lieutenant okiewind7

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello - Welcome to CC and the Foundry ;-)

You should find some useful information in the [Official] Conquer Club Mapmaker Handbook
If you still have questions after browsing those topics, feel free to ask any specific questions in the Foundry Discussions subforum - you should find people eager to help and give any advice in there.

Cheers,

isaiah40
[Moved]

This map has been moved into the Ideas subforum, as it does not meet the criteria for a Working Draft:

Drafting Room Guidelines

To be considered a Working Draft a project must be more than just an idea; a Draft should have a clear thematic focus, a plan for how the gameplay will work, and a basic image which should include:
    1. Territory Labels - temporary names or numbers will suffice, and are always open to change.
    2. Borders/Paths/Impassables - it should be made clear where territories do/do not connect.
    3. Bonus Areas - where combinations/groups of territories will award a bonus, this should be indicated on the map.
    4. Legend - speculative bonus values and explanations of any attack rules or gameplay features.
Draft images should generally not be larger than 630x600px (small image) or 840x800px (large image).

There was a Dart map that was attempted before. Visit the thread and read through it and see what the major concerns were. You are more than welcome to start your own Dart map! :D
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby x-raider on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice Idea.
Wow, isiah. That's quite heartwarming. :lol:
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby Gillipig on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 am

okiewind7 wrote:bulleseyeMapmaker(s):
122[b]Special Features:
I think it would be a fun map that everyone could relate to because it looks like a dartboard.]

you have double territories that count as +2 triples as +3 but the doubles have 3 neutrals starting out and the triples have 5 neutrals starting. my idea is the outer bullseys has maybe 10 neutrals and center bullseye has maybe 20 however there could be extra bonuses for holding these. my idea is to have it so that you can't move side to side on the board except maybe through a double or triple however on the bullseye you can either attack or bombard any territory on the map. this is a new idea and very rough in my mind however i would love to have some feedback on what people think of this map idea and to help me with the technicals of it because i don't understand how the process works yet but i am willing to learn and encourage ideas from others. my creative side of my mind is always running overtime and i'm always thinking of new ideas but just yesterday is the first time i knew about the foundry for the first time. i would greatly appreciate any help and please send me a pm or post on my wall when i get a comment so i can be sure to check in

Image, make an image. A rudimentary one will suffice as a start.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas