Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby jimboston on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm

nietzsche wrote:
jimboston wrote:What are you guys all talking about?

Football hasn't started yet... they're just in the pre-season right now.


hey look, another genius pointing out that football is different in the US.

how many have been? 3242? 3243?


I actually have done it myself in this same thread 4-5 times.

It's always fun to get a 'rise' out of you diehard soccer fans.
User avatar
Private jimboston
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Royal Panda on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:52 am

jimboston wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
jimboston wrote:What are you guys all talking about?

Football hasn't started yet... they're just in the pre-season right now.


hey look, another genius pointing out that football is different in the US.

how many have been? 3242? 3243?


I actually have done it myself in this same thread 4-5 times.

It's always fun to get a 'rise' out of you diehard soccer fans.


A good 'rise' that, just a bunch of bored people wondering when/if you'll ever get a life... never mind!

On a more or less unrelated topic, I had good fun teaching some idiots on twitter about word origins, when they had a go at me for using the word soccer (can I not use what words I want?)... As I pointed out, it's an English word short for Association Football that is in the same vein as Ruggers, popularised by the captain of the England football team in the 1890s :-) just an extremely posh way of saying football! Very Oxford.
User avatar
Colonel Royal Panda
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 117
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (20)

Re: Football (real)

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 am

Pander88uk wrote:

On a more or less unrelated topic, I had good fun teaching some idiots on twitter about word origins, when they had a go at me for using the word soccer (can I not use what words I want?)... As I pointed out, it's an English word short for Association Football that is in the same vein as Ruggers, popularised by the captain of the England football team in the 1890s :-) just an extremely posh way of saying football! Very Oxford.


So what you're saying is that we Americans who call this sport Soccer are much more sophisticated than the rabble that calls it Football.
User avatar
Private jimboston
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 am

jimboston wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
jimboston wrote:What are you guys all talking about?

Football hasn't started yet... they're just in the pre-season right now.


hey look, another genius pointing out that football is different in the US.

how many have been? 3242? 3243?


I actually have done it myself in this same thread 4-5 times.

It's always fun to get a 'rise' out of you diehard soccer fans.


I'd call your shitty game "bodyball" as you are allowed to use any part. not to mention how violent and shit it gets. probably the only place where you can kill somebody and get away with it is your bodyball field!
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 am

Lol, when's the last time someone died playing American football?

If anything, the amount of padding they wear would make a rugby player laugh in their face.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
User avatar
Corporal GreecePwns
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Lawn Guy Lint
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Sniper08 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

guys dont feed the troll

Image


Modric completes Real move

its offical modric is on his way to Real for £33 mil pound
Image
User avatar
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Medals: 137
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (15)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

Sniper08 wrote:guys dont feed the troll

Image


Modric completes Real move

its offical modric is on his way to Real for £33 mil pound


now i guess kaka will move to milan, and the lilywhites will buy big...

otherwise, in france I can't believe how marseille my team is first after winning the fist 3 games, when we sold the whole squad during the summer... and paris still hasn't won a game after spending... 140 millions in recruitment!!! ancelotti sucks.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby CBlake on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 am

What do you boys think of dempsey probably heading to liverpool?
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm

betiko wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:guys dont feed the troll

Image


Modric completes Real move

its offical modric is on his way to Real for £33 mil pound


now i guess kaka will move to milan, and the lilywhites will buy big...

otherwise, in france I can't believe how marseille my team is first after winning the fist 3 games, when we sold the whole squad during the summer... and paris still hasn't won a game after spending... 140 millions in recruitment!!! ancelotti sucks.


Ancelotti doesn't. his record is brilliant, with both Milan and Chelsea! I think it's pretty hard to bring the best out a newly gathered group of stars. Real Madrid suffered the same experience twice when they gathered their first and second galactica IMO
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

CBlake wrote:What do you boys think of dempsey probably heading to liverpool?


Leaving a decent team to a shit team. :D
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby maxfaraday on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:guys dont feed the troll

Image


Modric completes Real move

its offical modric is on his way to Real for £33 mil pound


now i guess kaka will move to milan, and the lilywhites will buy big...

otherwise, in france I can't believe how marseille my team is first after winning the fist 3 games, when we sold the whole squad during the summer... and paris still hasn't won a game after spending... 140 millions in recruitment!!! ancelotti sucks.


Ancelotti doesn't. his record is brilliant, with both Milan and Chelsea! I think it's pretty hard to bring the best out a newly gathered group of stars. Real Madrid suffered the same experience twice when they gathered their first and second galactica IMO


Don't try to reason with a Marseille supporter, Marseille and Paris HATE each other, if you go to Marseille with a PSG jersey you have about 10 minutes left to live.
From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:33 am

jimboston wrote:
Pander88uk wrote:

On a more or less unrelated topic, I had good fun teaching some idiots on twitter about word origins, when they had a go at me for using the word soccer (can I not use what words I want?)... As I pointed out, it's an English word short for Association Football that is in the same vein as Ruggers, popularised by the captain of the England football team in the 1890s :-) just an extremely posh way of saying football! Very Oxford.


So what you're saying is that we Americans who call this sport Soccer are much more sophisticated than the rabble that calls it Football.


Correct! Football has been a working-class sport up until recently, thus to call it soccer would be somewhat inappropriate.
User avatar
Colonel Royal Panda
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 117
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (20)

Re: Football (real)

Postby tzor on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Lol, when's the last time someone died playing American football?

If anything, the amount of padding they wear would make a rugby player laugh in their face.


Actually many peolple argue that the padding is the problem. It leads to more full charging head on collisions. They seculate that a lot of the injuries would go away if they returned to leather helmits.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 pm

OLEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEE OLEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER IKEEEEEEEEEER

Image
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!


Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!


Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!


he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Pirlo wrote:Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously.


it doesnt matter what team they come up against they will play the same way all the time, they just dont know any other way. while i prefer barce over RM im always happy when they get beat cause they think they can just bulldoze their oppentents and not change tactics.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Medals: 137
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (15)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!


Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!


he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?


Alves was supposed to start but was replaced last minute because apparently he injured himself during warm up.

Barcelona was playing with 10, I think their options were limited.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!


Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!


he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?


Alves was supposed to start but was replaced last minute because apparently he injured himself during warm up.

Barcelona was playing with 10, I think their options were limited.


limited? Tito replaced Alexis with a defender to avoid a big defeat. it was like he gave up with the least defeat possible. in 2nd half, Barcelona were so close to make it 2-2 and win, but Tito was still too scared to try. He could have used Villa instead of Song the shit (aka Tello). I think was wise to accept the defeat after the first 30 minutes show, but wasn't wise to keep it like that in last 20 minutes. should have switched his tactic IMO. that what Mourinho would have done, and almost always do, which explains why he's "The One!"
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!


Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!


he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?


Alves was supposed to start but was replaced last minute because apparently he injured himself during warm up.

Barcelona was playing with 10, I think their options were limited.


limited? Tito replaced Alexis with a defender to avoid a big defeat. it was like he gave up with the least defeat possible. in 2nd half, Barcelona were so close to make it 2-2 and win, but Tito was still too scared to try. He could have used Villa instead of Song the shit (aka Tello). I think was wise to accept the defeat after the first 30 minutes show, but wasn't wise to keep it like that in last 20 minutes. should have switched his tactic IMO. that what Mourinho would have done, and almost always do, which explains why he's "The One!"


I think you're asking too much.

Madrid had many chances, Tito must have been worried. Playing with 10 men they could've won, which IMO was thanks to the adjustments he made. I mean, at minute 28, after the red card I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but it wasn't.

If Pedro scores that goal in which Iker made a great save... who knows if RM could've come back to tie the global. Barcelona has shown that, like Spain, doesn't need a 9 to score.

Maybe you are right, but I think Barcelona played well with 10 men.

Maybe instead of asking Tito more, you can ask Mascherano and Pique to be more attent at the defense.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!


Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!


he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?


Alves was supposed to start but was replaced last minute because apparently he injured himself during warm up.

Barcelona was playing with 10, I think their options were limited.


limited? Tito replaced Alexis with a defender to avoid a big defeat. it was like he gave up with the least defeat possible. in 2nd half, Barcelona were so close to make it 2-2 and win, but Tito was still too scared to try. He could have used Villa instead of Song the shit (aka Tello). I think was wise to accept the defeat after the first 30 minutes show, but wasn't wise to keep it like that in last 20 minutes. should have switched his tactic IMO. that what Mourinho would have done, and almost always do, which explains why he's "The One!"


I think you're asking too much.

Madrid had many chances, Tito must have been worried. Playing with 10 men they could've won, which IMO was thanks to the adjustments he made. I mean, at minute 28, after the red card I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but it wasn't.

If Pedro scores that goal in which Iker made a great save... who knows if RM could've come back to tie the global. Barcelona has shown that, like Spain, doesn't need a 9 to score.

Maybe you are right, but I think Barcelona played well with 10 men.

Maybe instead of asking Tito more, you can ask Mascherano and Pique to be more attent at the defense.


I believe if Mascherano and Pique made those mistakes in a Mourinho's team, they won't play again. Also, I think Messi's goal was the reason why Barca became solid in 2nd half while Real SWITCHED their tactic to a more conservative style in order to maintain the lead/victory. now this was my point in the previous post. Mourinho is a realistic man who shows respect to his opponent and try to play wisely. unlike Barca who think themselves superiors!
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Upon giving it a little more thought.. I guess Tito could've moved Busquets to play where Adriano was playing and leave Alexis in the pitch. But we can't know if with that move Madrid would've controlled the mid field.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:35 pm

In related news, Iniesta finally recognized as the UEFA player of the year. Enhorabuena.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:37 pm

nietzsche wrote:In related news, Iniesta finally recognized as the UEFA player of the year. Enhorabuena.


He won nothing but the Copa del Rey...
From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoranZ

Login