Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map)

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 Map ) [April 12 2012] Graphic requests?

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 am

nolefan5311 wrote:How do I get to the sea cells? Are some of the sea cells starting positions as well? Do I need to go through the targets? And for this to be like the game, shouldn't the targets be able to attack ship cells on the OTHER side of the map (ship cells one way attack targets on their side of the map, which can bombard all ship cells on opposite side of map). I think the only attack option across the map should be bombard, just like in the game. I take control of the target on my side of the map, and bombard ship cells on the other side (which then can't be taken back, like your latest suggestion suggest). Also, if you plan on having any sort of decay or killer neutral on the targets, that needs to be mentioned in the legend.

Regardless, this is pretty close to the stamp, so I will go ahead and sticky it.

I overlooked this comment before, but I like this idea. I will change the targets to torpedoes and have them be on the same side. Then they will bombard only across the board.

I like the idea of a killer neutral on the targets/torpedoes too. I will lower the neutral and make it reset.

Update soon!
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Re: [Vacation - Valid until Feb 2013] - CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 am

Looking forward to it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: CONQUERSHIP (1v1 map) v.8 - Updated 8/28

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 pm

A few changes inspired by nolefan that should address koontz' concerns over stalemate and lopsided starts...

Version 8
Each section of the Destroyer and Submarine on each side one-way assaults the connected torpedo.
Each section of the Aircraft carriers one-way assaults the connected jet fighter.
Torpedoes and Jet Fighters bombard and are bombarded by any ship on the opposite side of the map.
Each section of the Battleship and Patrol Boat bombard the sea cells marked by arrows.
Sea Mines, Torpedoes and Jet Fighters are all impassable by sea. The trails connecting the latter to their ships are normal sea cells. This essentially functions like train connections do on various maps by showing a connection without interfering with the territory.
Toyed with the table background and toned it down considerably.
I lowered the starting # of troops to 10 and the torpedo/jets to 5 to help minimize first-turn advantage.
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby pamoa on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Nice to see this going on
torpedoes / jet are a good add-on
Each section of the Battleship and Patrol Boat bombard the sea cells marked by arrows.
hum then how do you attack adjacent sea ...
maybe transform it in a bombard range of 2
I've added a bonus of +1 per 10 sea cells on your opponent's side, to give those some extra purpose beyond defence. I'm on the fence about this change and could be swayed either way.
I don't know how you will code it
by example when you 8 players with troops everywhere
Toyed with the table background and toned it down considerably.
well for me its totally out of theme

another graphic remark is about your tittle
all your text are as if they were engraved in the box
except your title
either split it or write it twice red and green
De gueules Ć  la tour d'argent ouverte, crĆ©nelĆ©e de trois piĆØces, sommĆ©e d'un donjon ajourĆ©, crĆ©nelĆ© de deux piĆØces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 pm

[Moved]

Update made, all looking good. Back you go into the fray. Good luck lostatlimbo.

koontz
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks koontz

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:34 am

Nice update.

Regarding the +1 for 10 sea cells on the opposite side, I still can't figure out how I get to my opponents side of the board. I assume each player starts only on their own side of the map, and I see nothing in the legend indicating that I can assault to the other side. I see bombards via the jets and torpedoes but not assaults.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Both players start with sea cells on both sides. Only the ships are exclusive to one player per side.

So basically, after the drop, the sea is a mix of red, green and neutral on both sides of the map. Previously you could travel via the targets, but now that is unavailable.

So it is possible to eliminate the opponent from 'your side', but the game can still be won by blowing up all of an opponent's boats.

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Pamoa is right about one thing though, the +1 for 10 will be impossible to code, so I'm going to drop it. This map is already going to be an XML monstrosity.

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:12 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:Pamoa is right about one thing though, the +1 for 10 will be impossible to code, so I'm going to drop it. This map is already going to be an XML monstrosity.

I think the collections XML might work.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
lostatlimbo wrote:Pamoa is right about one thing though, the +1 for 10 will be impossible to code, so I'm going to drop it. This map is already going to be an XML monstrosity.

I think the collections XML might work.

Yeah, it'll work just fine.

As for the new changes, I'm on board with them. I don't see any apparent issues.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby pamoa on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 am

for my own information
where do I find definition and conditions for exclusive 2 players games
are you sure this feature will be implemented
and how it will work
De gueules Ć  la tour d'argent ouverte, crĆ©nelĆ©e de trois piĆØces, sommĆ©e d'un donjon ajourĆ©, crĆ©nelĆ© de deux piĆØces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 am

pamoa wrote:for my own information
and how it will work

lack has given his blessings for 1v1 games quit awhile which is how this map is being made. basically a mapmaker has to submit his/her request to thenobodies80 and he will take a look at it before approval. thenobodies80 will then edit the OP saying that this map has been approved for 1v1 games.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby pamoa on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
and how it will work
lack has given his blessings for 1v1 games quit awhile which is how this map is being made
basically a mapmaker has to submit his/her request to thenobodies80
and he will take a look at it before approval
thenobodies80 will then edit the OP saying that this map has been approved for 1v1 games
just out of curiosity
how will it work on the "start A Game" page
is it possible to block any other feature
but maybe this is not the place to discuss this matter
Cadet pamoa

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 pm

pamoa wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
and how it will work
lack has given his blessings for 1v1 games quit awhile which is how this map is being made
thenobodies80 will then edit the OP saying that this map has been approved for 1v1 games
just out of curiosity

TBH, I don't know how lack intends to work it on the Start a Game page. I would assume when you select the map that all player options would be unselectable.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
pamoa wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
and how it will work
just out of curiosity

TBH, I don't know how lack intends to work it on the Start a Game page. I would assume when you select the map that all player options would be unselectable.

I'm sure it will work similar to how the Feudal War or the AOR maps currently don't allow more than 6 players; it just won't let you create them.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:I'm sure it will work similar to how the Feudal War or the AOR maps currently don't allow more than 6 players; it just won't let you create them.

This is how he envisioned it I think.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am

As far as the initial drop of sea cells, will there be a limit in how many will be dropped? Or will all 160 be divided randomly? That means 53 per player with 54 neutrals, so it's possible someone drops quite a large bonus.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby iancanton on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 pm

if the normal +1 for 3 cells with a minimum of +3 does not apply, then the legend ought to say so, since the default assumption is that all bonuses are in addition to +1 for 3 regions unless otherwise stated.

excluding the normal +1 for 3 cells, it looks as if player 1 starts with a median deployment of 12 (5 ships, 5 for 26 own sea cells and 2 for 26 opposing sea cells), with 13 being reasonably likely and with potential for 14. this gives a clear advantage to player 1.

having to count the sea cells to determine how close a player is to reducing an opposing bonus will become rather tiresome.

i suggest that the open sea bonus structure is changed to +1 for every 10 cells held in excess of 30 (which no-one needs to count because the total number of cells is displayed on the screen), with a minimum of +3 (normal +1 for 3 cells does not apply). starting deployment for player 1 will always be 8 troops (5 ships and 3 for 69 cells).

so that the cell names appear in the correct top-to-bottom order in the drop-down boxes, perhaps rows 1 to 10 can be renumbered as 0 to 9?

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:29 am

I think the plan was to default some of the sea cells to neutrals to bring that number down, but I think I like this solution better. It is a lot simpler. I count 70 or 67 depending on whether you include the spots currently marked as impassable sea mines. So it could be 9 troops to start, but still that is an improvement.

Good call on the 0-9. I will make that change and the others when my laptop is operational again.

Thanks ian & nole

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 am

lostatlimbo wrote:I think the plan was to default some of the sea cells to neutrals to bring that number down, but I think I like this solution better. It is a lot simpler. I count 70 or 67 depending on whether you include the spots currently marked as impassable sea mines. So it could be 9 troops to start, but still that is an improvement.

Good call on the 0-9. I will make that change and the others when my laptop is operational again.

Thanks ian & nole

All sounds fine to me!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:59 pm

As soon as you post the update lostatlimbo with the sea cell bonus modified, I will sticky it for the GP stamp.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 am

Sorry, work has me swamped at the moment and then I'm off camping all next week, so I'll try to get an update first week of October.

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 am

As it appears development on this map has stalled (last update was August 28), this map is being Moved to the Recycling Bin for the time being. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. :)
Captain nolefan5311

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am

As it appears development on this map has stalled (last update was August 28), this map is being Moved to the Recycling Bin for the time being. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. :)
Captain nolefan5311

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box