The Tournament Players Association - Year 3

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tournament Players Association - Year 3

Postby jonty125 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:45 pm

I'll take 10 September. Thank you for letting me host :)
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby sensfan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:48 pm

06-May Standard
13-May Premier
13-May Standard

20-May Premier

Hmm? Accident or intentional?

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (1)

Postby DaveH on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks for spotting that! Amended!
Sergeant 1st Class DaveH
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (9)

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:53 am

You should get this topic made into an 'announcement' thread (is that what they call it?) - one of those that actually stays at the top of all the threads (:

It'd also be better if you create a topic in the Tournament Organisers group. That's where bart got most of the groundwork done, and where TOs would go to offer their services as organisers for the tournaments in the TPA year.

The first tournament was scheduled to start on 3Sep - has the thread been created yet? (:

And as for the scoring system, I think the TPA2 scoring system works just fine. Yes, there are differences in the number of games played, and stuff like that. But the fact is the odds of winning the tournament is still dependent on the number of players/teams participating, as you'll have to eliminate everyone else eventually anyway, no matter what the means are. Moreover, players are of course more likely to join tournaments which require strategies that play to their own strengths. Some may fare better at 1v1s, while others at round robins with points awarded and such. So yep, the players already should understand that when they join various sanctioned tournaments (:
Brigadier anamainiacks
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby DaveH on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am

Many thanks for that feedback. Yes, I am aware that there is a lack of interest that is perhaps due to my inexperience of how to progress things, We seem to have too few TO's interested in order to be able to progress on the scheduled date, so I am not sure of how to progress things.

Anyway I shall do what you advise and try and push forward!
Sergeant 1st Class DaveH
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby flexmaster33 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:37 am

I'll take the standard slot for Jan. 14
Current tourneys -- NCAA Basketball 2013-14, 2013 NFL season, 2013 FCS College Football playoffs

High rank: Captain. Place: 1,383. Points: 1,976
Sergeant 1st Class flexmaster33

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby Lufsen75 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 pm

I have a format that I will go on with for a wile. That is my Lufsen terminator series of 6 player. 36 entrys so that will be a standard then. Pick it in any time you like.

If necessary I also can make any tournament with single Knockout (best of five or seven) of 64 or 128 if you like me to run a premier or major.
Sergeant 1st Class Lufsen75

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby redhedge47 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:01 pm

If the 1v1 major/premier hasent been taken yet I would love to do that (already have it planned out) and I am working on a league style tourney
Private redhedge47

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby DaveH on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Thanks guys!

flexmaster33, booked for standard slot for Jan. 14

Lufsen75, standard on 01-Oct - if that's not too soon. Perhaps an additional Premier/Major, though there is just one Major slot left for 22nd April, so perhaps best to go for a Premier earlier in the year.

redhedge47 - again, perhaps a premier rather than a major. I am not too fussed at this stage about trying to ensure that we have every style of tournament, as each TO has their own preferences, so I am sure that we will get a very varied selection anyway. The last "block" of dates from April to July could always be more specific if we seem to be missing a particular style of tournament by then.

Again, thank you all for the feedback; at least we can make a good start!
Sergeant 1st Class DaveH
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Postby Fuzzy316 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:13 pm

I would like the Mar. 11 Premier event. I will have a tourney with a minimum of 64 players. Lots of time to plan too.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant Fuzzy316

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby DaveH on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:58 am

Thanks Fuzzy - booked!
Sergeant 1st Class DaveH
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Postby redhedge47 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:25 am

Can I book the Oct 22 tourney for my 1v1 I can 64 to 128 players and even more if i need to
Private redhedge47

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby sensfan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 am

is the new years eve slot open? thinking of running a tournament for 8 player singles. 64 players will be ok.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (1)

Postby DaveH on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Thanks guys - redhedge for Oct 22nd and a new Year's even slot for you, sensfan.
Sergeant 1st Class DaveH
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:32 pm

I haven't looked closely at the schedule. I will definitely be in for at least 2 tourneys, including (I hope) one of the Majors later in the year.

While we're on that subject, I would very much urge that Premier and Major events be restricted to those who have completed at least one TPA Standard event. It's nice to see some new, enthusiastic faces, but a proven track record still counts for something.
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 126
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

PreviousNext

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion