Conquer Club

Etiquette for Account Sitters

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Etiquette for Account Sitters

Postby General Flashman on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 am

Hi all!

I wonder if the experts on here could assist. What is the appropriate way of dealing with a game where an account sitter takes a turn for a player, and clearly fails to notice that there is a truce in place between the player and me?

I have already done the 5 minutes of muttering about treachery, until I noticed it was an account sitter, and might have kicked the cat, if I had one.

I suspect the answer is simply to write it off to experience, but it has shown me that, if ever getting an account sitter in, give them a comprehensive list of truces, plans and strategies!

You can find the game here [url]http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11521898
[/url]

I am not asking for the Doctor to jump in the TARDIS and take the game back in time - but simply what is the correct protocol here.

I suspect the answer is to regret the missed chance to win the game, write it off to experience and move on.

:(

GF
Cook General Flashman

Re: Etiquette for Account Sitters

Postby cookie0117 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:41 am

Pretty much as you say, accept the apology and move on...

It is useful when getiing a planned sitter to make "notes to self" in chat.
Private cookie0117

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 am

General Flashman wrote:....

I suspect the answer is to regret the missed chance to win the game, write it off to experience and move on.

sounds about right. Sure you can leave an appropriate rating to the player, that is up to you.
Also remember, the breaking of truces is encouraged by the siteowner, never rely on them. But when a sitter takes over, unless you left copious notes, a truce is easely missed
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby General Flashman on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:59 am

The errant account sitter has apologised. It was, as expected, an oversight and the source of a valuable lesson.

C'est la vie!
Cook General Flashman

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 am

In my opinion, let me start by saying that a "Truce" is a temporary cease fire and should have time limitations included in the agreement. Otherwise it is something else. An alliance perhaps?

What ever it may be, I think that the responsibility falls on the account owner to inform the sitter of any and all truces and or treatise in the game. Or at the very least, leave said instruction in the game chat to self. With a message for the game sitter to read the game chats for final instructions. Otherwise what ever the sitter does in the game should be treated as if the account owner did it himself.

Choosing a sitter is a very important responsibility and if you choose just anyone to do so then you deserve what ever happens in the game and the account owner is the one who should chalk that up to experience!

Also there are people who play a great many games all at once. To use this as an excuse for the sitter to break a truce is not right. You can't just dump all of that on a sitter and share no responsibility what so ever. Again the sitter is not the one at fault here but the account owner is the blame.

If I am playing a game and I have a truce with some one and the sitter breaks that truce, I am not going to blame the sitter but play accordingly and attack accordingly as well. I might mention it to the sitter if time permits that he and I have a truce but I would have to be there on line when it happens. Or if a sitter is announced then I may leave a message for the sitter but that is if it is all done with notification and time and many times there is no such notification or time to do all of that.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Jippd on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 am

Or the player is so wise and tricky that they took the turn and attacked you and made up the fact that they had a sitter in the chat. Believe what you will ;)
Major Jippd

Postby mc05025 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:08 am

Jippd wrote:Or the player is so wise and tricky that they took the turn and attacked you and made up the fact that they had a sitter in the chat. Believe what you will ;)

Actually this is typical :). This and the miss-click craps. Even if I use these in order not to attack someone I have promised to attack :D :D
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 am

whatever you can get away with i guess...
breaking truces is part of the game. for whatever reasons
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion