Conquer Club

AM I A GRADUATE?

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AM I A GRADUATE?

Postby MGSteve on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:50 am

The chart pops up and goes from Scanning...0% to Scanning...Infinity% and just stays there so, like so many things, my dell seems unable to manage it. I'll let it set for a while to see if it actually does anything but so far, after waiting thru a chess game and starting over, there's no other info. And since I tend to open a number of both standard and terminator games when I need to replace the 2 that I'm reporting, I'll keep playing more of these games and try to cut down on the team play a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to stop this latest backwards slide and graduate soon.
Captain MGSteve

Postby dhallmeyer on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 am

Viceroy63 wrote:Thanks Dhallmeyer; I did not know this either. I should be ashamed of myself. LOL.

But I can't figure something out. These are the games that I won...

111 Points for Game 10352767 Round 11
053 Points for Game 10476657 Round 11
115 Points for Game 10504135 Round 09
065 Points for Game 10775410 Round 12
114 Points for Game 10902804 Round 7
108 Points for Game 11122935 Round 10
466 in total win score.

My question is; Are points removed when I lose a game?

Because I don't see 466 points anywhere in the Map rank.

We look at the net total, not just the gross earnings.
Major dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby dhallmeyer on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am

MGSteve wrote:The chart pops up and goes from Scanning...0% to Scanning...Infinity% and just stays there so, like so many things, my dell seems unable to manage it. I'll let it set for a while to see if it actually does anything but so far, after waiting thru a chess game and starting over, there's no other info. And since I tend to open a number of both standard and terminator games when I need to replace the 2 that I'm reporting, I'll keep playing more of these games and try to cut down on the team play a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to stop this latest backwards slide and graduate soon.

I remember the feeling when I was a student. the wins come SOOOOOO slowly sometimes.

If maprank is giving you trouble, you can search the old-fashioned way. Fill out the game finder the same way, but click search at the end, and you'll see a list of all the games that match the criteria. Get a sheet of paper and check the log for each to see your point change at the end. Then tally it all up and see if it matches my figures.
Major dhallmeyer

Postby MGSteve on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:10 am

It finally worked... I think. I'll start playing more of these games but stay away from the speed games and see how it goes. Thanks for all the info and help. SoC is great!
Captain MGSteve

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:44 pm

I will now be the Graduation liaison.

From here forward if anyone thinks they qualify to graduate post here and send me an email explaining why. I will run the info by the current teachers and then I will have you play two games with SOC staff to see what you have learned. One does not have to necessarily win to graduate as several factors determine it. Its not a pass fail type of deal.

We look for what you have learned, game play and attitude.

IB
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MGSteve on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:20 am

I just did the map rank again and am currently a +453 so I believe I'm ready to play those last 2 games. I've made Lt several times since I joined and even made Cpt a time or 2 so I think I meet all the requirements. Looking forward to those games.

MG
Captain MGSteve

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm

I posted some games for you.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby celliottii on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:18 am

okie dokie, ya'll....I believe I'm ready to graduate...

#1: check. I can post the forum links if necessary.

#2: check. I achieved Lt. this morning (score of 1664). I use Google Chrome, so I can't use maprank, but I have won several SoC games, both Standard and Terminator.

#3: check

#4: Complete 2 Final Exam games against the staff. Just need an invite or two please

#5: Graduates must demonstrate a good attitude and a willingness to learn. All teachers have input on potential graduates' behavior. I usually bring beer or pizza...lol
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm

celliottii wrote:okie dokie, ya'll....I believe I'm ready to graduate...

#1: check. I can post the forum links if necessary.

#2: check. I achieved Lt. this morning (score of 1664). I use Google Chrome, so I can't use maprank, but I have won several SoC games, both Standard and Terminator.

#3: check

#4: Complete 2 Final Exam games against the staff. Just need an invite or two please

#5: Graduates must demonstrate a good attitude and a willingness to learn. All teachers have input on potential graduates' behavior. I usually bring beer or pizza...lol

Well done. As a formality I will pass on for input from other teachers and then I will post 2 games. Sounds good to me though. I will PM when games are ready.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby slownumbers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 pm

I'd like to put in for graduation consideration, please.

The only part I'm not sure about are the forum posts, though. I stopped posting games a while ago to allow other students access, and never got back to it. If i need to post a few more to graduate, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks!
Sergeant 1st Class slownumbers
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:21 pm

slownumbers wrote:I'd like to put in for graduation consideration, please.

The only part I'm not sure about are the forum posts, though. I stopped posting games a while ago to allow other students access, and never got back to it. If i need to post a few more to graduate, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks!

You need to forward your game information. How many games did you play with us? How many points did you gain? I can check your terminator games.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
slownumbers wrote:I'd like to put in for graduation consideration, please.

Thanks!

You need to forward your game information. How many games did you play with us? How many points did you gain? I can check your terminator games.

You need to gain 300 points while in SOC...you have won a few games I can see. Get back to me with info and Ill post for the teachers so we can move this forward.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 am

1. Post at least 5 games for help in your Training Field, with no more than 2 at the same time. DONE
  2. Achieve rank of Lieutenant, while gaining 300 points (net) in Training Grounds-style games (6-7 player, standard or terminator, escalating, unlimited, sunny, casual, auto deploy) since joining. Use maprank to check this out. For players who join at major and above, this portion is waived. DONE, joined at major
  3. Complete at least 10 Training Grounds style games since joining. DONE
  4. Complete 2 Final Exam games against the staff. (Note: You don't have to win, just demonstrate that you know what we teach) I need to get into a couple of these games.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:
  1. Post at least 5 games for help in your Training Field, with no more than 2 at the same time. DONE
  2. Achieve rank of Lieutenant, while gaining 300 points (net) in Training Grounds-style games (6-7 player, standard or terminator, escalating, unlimited, sunny, casual, auto deploy) since joining. Use maprank to check this out. For players who join at major and above, this portion is waived. DONE, joined at major
  3. Complete at least 10 Training Grounds style games since joining. DONE
  4. Complete 2 Final Exam games against the staff. (Note: You don't have to win, just demonstrate that you know what we teach) I need to get into a couple of these games.

Just checking, is there anything else I need to do besides post here?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dhallmeyer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:43 am

No. We'll take it from here.
Major dhallmeyer

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 pm

dhallmeyer wrote:No. We'll take it from here.

Thank you.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Ill start some games
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rexara on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi all!

I think I now meet the graduation requirements.

#1: Check, 6 games posted so far.
#2: Check, im Lieutenant for now atleast. =P But I have a question about the "Reinforcements" criteria, with chained AND Unlimited im well over net +400 but with only unlimited im at +112 and in the "How to-guide" #2 it says nothing its only unlimited. And isn´t chained even harder gameplay then unlimited?! =D
#3: Check, ~40 games by now.
#4: This is what I want to do now
#5: Check, im allways willing to learn more and help others as much as I can.

If I graduate, im happy to help out as much as I can as a graduate/teacher in the forums and SoC. And I like to apply for the team training ground.

Best regards

Rexara
Sergeant Rexara

Postby Cyndo on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 am

Greetings,

FINALLY made Lieutenant and I think I meet all the criteria. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Cyndo
Corporal 1st Class Cyndo

Postby macbone on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 am

Rexara, I've added you to the team training list.
Colonel macbone

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 pm

All I need is a couple of training games if I am not mistaken. I am sure that I have passed all of the other requirements. Unless we count that one 8-Player Terminator Game as one game then all I would need is to play my second game. =)
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Cyndo wrote:Greetings,

FINALLY made Lieutenant and I think I meet all the criteria. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Cyndo

I am starting two games for you and you will graduate.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Cyndo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 pm

awesome, thanks!
Corporal 1st Class Cyndo

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am

I have +1399 in 6 and 7 player SoC style games.
+1761 (if I count 8 player games on same settings)

I was a noob with this type of gameplay when I signed up. I think corporal in rank and only +100 on maprank.
I might need another couple of games posted for help to meet the reqs. As I've only posted two so far.

So, my question is, do I have to win a game with SoC? I haven't won one yet. lol.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dhallmeyer on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Ha! Great question, and I'm surprised it's never come up before. Since you don't actually have to play SoC games, there's no reason why you would have to win one. As long as the games match our settings, you should be fine.

May I ask how you managed such a feat? Private games in officer land? ATM I'm too lazy to look it up myself.
Major dhallmeyer

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds